The Dark Knight The James Gordon / Gary Oldman Thread

oldman, along with eckhart and bale got so overlooked in this film. they are equal to what heath did. i can understand why they got overlooked, the joker is a psychopathic clown, not to mention heath's death. but i try to tell people, try to pay more attention to those three next time. especially the final confrontation with the three of them. three great actors at their best.

Hi guys,

I'm a newbie & absolutely LOVED TDK!! I've always been a Batman fan - from the chalk eyebrow days of the 60s show (it was played in the early 90's when I was 4/5) and the brillo animated series (1992), I've grown up watching the films and all that jazz....anyway, the character of Commissioner Gordon has always been of interest to me, but nowhere near the extent of Gary Oldman's grade A portrayal - I absolutely LOVED him....I don't think I'll ever be able to thank Nolan & co. for their top notch & much needed reboot of the francise....I can't think of any critisisims for BB or TDK (except more Gordon!), though the below took the words right outta my mouth...

oldman, along with eckhart and bale got so overlooked in this film. they are equal to what heath did. i can understand why they got overlooked, but i try to tell people, try to pay more attention to those three next time. especially the final confrontation with the three of them. three great actors at their best.

I was doing just that today!

And just to reiterate, 'cos it can never get old nor can be said enough, Gary really is SO amazing...defo an inspiration to a drama student like moi and my all time fave actor ever!! His Jim Gordon is just........ *sigh*........no1 else could make a middle-aged man with glasses and a tashe so darn sexy!! LOL!!

Sheila xxx

WE NEED MORE GORDON!!!!!!!!

dk0197.jpg

dk0182.jpg

dk0178.jpg

dk0176.jpg

dk0174.jpg

dk0159.jpg

dk0158.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts