Joker "The Joker" in development with Todd Phillips and Martin Scorsese attached? - Part 2

My dream is that somehow Joaquin's Joker is amazing and ends up in Matt Reeves' Batman series against Oscar Isaac as Batman...

Oscar Isaac vs Joaquin Phoenix would be amazing.

Now that the director has referred to him as Arthur, I guess that confirms the plot leak from July.
The Joker’s real name is Arthur Fleck. He is an introvert who moves back with his ailing mother Penny and develops a relationship with his neighbor, single mother Sophie Dumont. Arthur’s attempts to provide for them lead him down a path that pushes him to the edge of sanity and result in his transformation into the Joker.
Joker also narrates the story, described as a "exploration of a man disregarded by society, that is not only a gritty character study, but also a broader cautionary tale."
Arthur works at a hotel managed by world-weary Hoyt Vaughn. His colleagues are the opportunistic conman Randall and the friendly dwarf Gary, and he often interacts with two cops, the honest Garrity and corrupt Burke.
Arthur’s mother Penny once worked for wealthy industrialist Thomas Wayne and is obsessed with him, while Arthur regards him as “cheesy, tanned and rich-looking”. Allegedly it is implied Arthur is Thomas’ bastard son.
Robert De Niro is in final talks to play Murray Franklin, a “fear-mongering talk-show host”.

Last scene is the Red Hood Gang robbing Ace Chemicals...

I’m really loving the vibes of the scenery that we’re seeing.
Looks like a proper Gotham:D

Now that the director has referred to him as Arthur, I guess that confirms the plot leak from July.
The Joker’s real name is Arthur Fleck. He is an introvert who moves back with his ailing mother Penny and develops a relationship with his neighbor, single mother Sophie Dumont. Arthur’s attempts to provide for them lead him down a path that pushes him to the edge of sanity and result in his transformation into the Joker.
Joker also narrates the story, described as a "exploration of a man disregarded by society, that is not only a gritty character study, but also a broader cautionary tale."
Arthur works at a hotel managed by world-weary Hoyt Vaughn. His colleagues are the opportunistic conman Randall and the friendly dwarf Gary, and he often interacts with two cops, the honest Garrity and corrupt Burke.
Arthur’s mother Penny once worked for wealthy industrialist Thomas Wayne and is obsessed with him, while Arthur regards him as “cheesy, tanned and rich-looking”. Allegedly it is implied Arthur is Thomas’ bastard son.
Robert De Niro is in final talks to play Murray Franklin, a “fear-mongering talk-show host”.
Also the stuff about Thomas Wayne being a cheesy tanned business man lines up with the Alec Baldwin casting with him being a Trump caricature.

As long as the cocaine makeup ain't true.

Though I do suspect they end up going the makeup route anyway.

If the cocaine face thing is true then I bet they got the idea for it because the movie takes place in the 80s and everyone did cocaine back then.:o

He may not be the Joker yet, but Phoenix’s Arthur has the smile down and I like the mannerisms! Already creeping me out!

@ 0:19 was that Phoenix doing the laugh?

If true, I wonder if they’ll be ballsy enough to not show his final Joker look during marketing. Now that would be a tremendous feat.
It'll be interesting to see what they do. Regardless of what the movie ultimately is, if you are going to call it "Joker," people are going to expect the Joker. I don't think they can pull off only having him in all of his glory for one scene at the end. If WOM gets out that he's only the Joker for a matter of minutes, this thing's dead on arrival.

Last edited:
I have a good feeling about this movie.

I genuinely feel like the worst thing that will come out of it is that we’ll have an incredible joker that we’ll never see run into Batman.

I’m betting we’ll probably get the teaser trailer for the film with Shazam or Godzilla: King of the Monsters.

**** I didn’t know this was actually being made into a movie. I’m back in the loop, boys. Really interested in this.

I had no interest in this...until today. I am really feeling the Phoenix pics and am really intrigued now.

Just saw the set pics and set video.

Already loving the mannerisms Phoenix is bringing even pre-transformation.

One added perk to this film is that it has most of the DCEU Reddit super salty. Love it.
agreed! And even just going by those pics, phoenix is already leagues better as the joker than leto was. Hes got those mannerisms down really well

Is anyone else getting Jack Nicholson Shining vibes from his mannerisms in that video?

Wow he looks malnourished and really thin. I wonder how the plot of this will play out given there probably are no “good guys” to stop him. That short clip of him looks amazing though. I can’t wait to see his joker performance

Dis gon’b gud.

Even pre-Joker, Arthur Fleck looks like one creepy, something’s not right, kinda mother****er.

As long as the cocaine makeup ain't true.

Though I do suspect they end up going the makeup route anyway.

Why not both?

7117314753_56d34bf036_b.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"