The Joker Thread - Part 1

I mean whoever is cast as Joker is inevitably going to be compared to Joaquin's Arthur...that is just the reality

lol no, there’s a difference between “obvious” and “literally played as close to the role as possible before”.

Imagine if an actor who played Daredevil before was cast as Batman!

Weird joke considering Ben was the best part about BvS

I mean whoever is cast as Joker is inevitably going to be compared to Joaquin's Arthur...that is just the reality

Was Joaquin's performance or Leto's performance never going to be compared to Heath Ledger's performance? Was Heath Ledger never going to be compared to Jack Nicholson's performance? Literally how is this different?

It is different because Phoenix his performance is getting so much positive feedback but also because of the fact that his Joker movie is getting so much press and even Oscar buzz that whoever they cast as the DCEU Joker they are gonna have a huge mountain to climb to even be considered in or at Joaquin's or Heath's level

I would love something more classic comic book with The Joker (which I don't think we've gotten since the 89 Batman movie). No more dirty long haired guys in makeup or edgelords with ugly tattoos on their foreheads. Something more clean and stylish yet colorful and clownish.

Also, I think we've mined The Killing Joke enough for awhile between TDK Joker and the upcoming Joker movie and the Killing Joke animated movie. I would like a plot like the Laughing Fish where Joker wants something that cannot be given to him (like a copyright on fish that he mutates to look like him) and still demands it anyway and kills people to get it.

I would love something more classic comic book with The Joker (which I don't think we've gotten since the 89 Batman movie). No more dirty long haired guys in makeup or edgelords with ugly tattoos on their foreheads. Something more clean and stylish yet colorful and clownish.

Also, I think we've mined The Killing Joke enough for awhile between TDK Joker and the upcoming Joker movie and the Killing Joke animated movie. I would like a plot like the Laughing Fish where Joker wants something that cannot be given to him (like a copyright on fish that he mutates to look like him) and still demands it anyway and kills people to get it.
That's a good plot for an episode of a television show.. it'd be a terrible plot for a full length blockbuster movie. It's too run of the mill.

I say just adapt Arkham Asylum A Serious House on a Serious Earth.

That's a good plot for an episode of a television show.. it'd be a terrible plot for a full length blockbuster movie. It's too run of the mill.

Any plot could work in a full length blockbuster movie. Its not the plot that decides something is cinematic or not.

Any plot could work in a full length blockbuster movie. Its not the plot that decides something is cinematic or not.
Actually, it is.

Having your main villain's motivation be something so petty doesn't quite work that well unless you're making a quasi-comedy.
Plus if Joker is the last villain of the trilogy something like Laughing Fish would be a very pathetic way to end the trilogy. Batman needs a psychological and emotional challenge.

Actually, it is.

Having your main villain's motivation be something so petty doesn't quite work that well unless you're making a quasi-comedy.
Plus if Joker is the last villain of the trilogy something like Laughing Fish would be a very pathetic way to end the trilogy. Batman needs a psychological and emotional challenge.

I am not operating under the assumption that The Joker is being saved for some grand final entry in a hypothetical Batman trilogy.

I don’t know about basing a movie off of Laughing Fish but I’d love to see the actual laughing fish at some point. And, y’know, a joy buzzer here and there, maybe he slaps someone with a salami like in Mask of the Phantasm.

Basically, bring back fun Joker. I think we’ve had our fill of “agent of chaos” Joker.

I don’t know about basing a movie off of Laughing Fish but I’d love to see the actual laughing fish at some point. And, y’know, a joy buzzer here and there, maybe he slaps someone with a salami like in Mask of the Phantasm.

Basically, bring back fun Joker. I think we’ve had our fill of “agent of chaos” Joker.

I still don't understand why everything has to be either an "X or Y" in these forums.

It can be a combination of both. Joker in the comics, the Arkham Games, and the animated series is CLEARLY an agent of chaos but he's also quite funny and ridiculous (which only contributes to his whole anarchic anthics and if anything makes him creepier because you can never know what you can expect from him) and we've never quite seen that version of Joker as balanced as that in the big screen yet. Mark Hamill, Troy Baker-esque Joker.

There are ways to have your cake and eat it too, ya know, comics and other mediums have been doing it for decades. But for some reason people always treat the movies as if you have to sacrifice something and you can't have both sides of a character, when that's just plain wrong.

Of course he’d have to be creepy. I’m not saying they should go full Cesar Romero (although...) but definitely stop trying to one-up Ledger.

I feel like the only logical way to go next time we see him is to finally do a fully comic book accurate Joker, ala Arkhamverse.
No more reinventions and elseworlds experiments, just show Joker in all his glory. A Joker that in one scene could be singing a very ridiculous song to Batman, and the next scene he could be torturing and murdering a teenage boy. Make him funny but also deeply, deeply unsettling, like he makes you feel guilty for laughing at his jokes.

For sure, Joker shouldn’t have shoulder-length hair next time.

“Thin White Duke” Joker next?

314DCE2B-BDD7-4EC3-85D8-70502E1AFAF6.jpeg

page_46.jpg

The Thin White Duke is too reminiscent of Leto.

Nah, give general audiences the introduction to the Clown Prince of Crime. It's time to unleash the version of the Joker we've seen time and time again in the comics since the 70s.

Batman-Joker-660x529.jpg

Oh and don't forget to add his uncomfortable homoerotic obsession with Batman.

Not really. There’d be some real composure there, at least in what I’m thinking. He’d definitely button up his dress shirts.

Has anyone else seen the concept art for Suicide Squad’s Joker that used Mark Strong for reference? That kind of what I’m picturing.

33804611-7009-4169-980F-C6164B16895E.jpeg BD91D5F8-CC11-4323-9713-99578434AD4B.jpeg

Guy to watch out for over the next couple of years. George MacKay:

george-mackay.jpg

He was great in Captain Fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"