The Joker Thread - Part 1

Well, if we have to pick from Academy Award nominees from the last year:

Christian Bale (Obviously not)
Rami Maleck (Yes)
Bradley Cooper (Just a voice for Marvel, could work, although I would never choose him)
Willem Dafoe (Far too old, but I'd still go for it)
Viggo Mortensen (Too old, would never do it, but would be great)
Sam Rockwell (All for it)
Adam Driver (Yes)
Richard E. Grant (Would have been perfect in 1990)
Sam Elliott (As long as he doesn't shave his mustache)

I'm kinda surprised at the lack of Iwan Rheon's name here. I thought he would've been more popular for the role, given the obvious

He's been mentioned a lot. More when Game of Thrones was airing.

Rami Malek is still my top choice and I pray that he will be a top candidate in the running for the role some day

Who would be your choice?

I don't have anyone in particular in mind, but I'd rather it not be some bland, twenty something year old who looks like a teenager. I know Heath was pretty young when he did the role, but I'd like to see an actor either as old as Pattinson, or older. Maybe because the Joker just feels like an older man. Like, his Joker schtick feels like it's of an older era.

Caleb Landry Jones (that his name?) from Get Out (the weirdo brother) and Three Billboards. Dude plays crazy and uncomfortable so well. And he has range.

The last thing I want is for the next Joker actor to be someone that's just cast simply because he looks crazy or is typecast as crazy.

Caleb Landry Jones and Bill Skarsgard just reek of that for me. They'd probably be fine but they're just so uninspired.

Driver, Malek, Dicaprio and Fiennes would bring something way more interesting.

I wouldn’t want Landry Jones because you know he’d be another greasy, long haired, hobo Joker. I want dapper Joker!

Would Jake be a possibility? He's one of the few actors I can think of who has that level of intensity.

source.gif

Even beyond the MCU connection, I don't see an avenue in which Jake considers taking on a role Heath was involved in and made his own. Out of respect I don't think he'd touch it.

You might be right, but we've had two other Joker's since. I don't think it would be disrespectful to Ledger's memory.

I still like Bill Skarsgard despite how uninspired it may sound lol.

I think another interesting twist of fate would be Nicholas Hoult, given he almost got the part of Batman. He'd also be a pretty decent Joker. Just take Tony Stonem from Skins and make him a homicidal maniac

Bill Hader?

TELEMMGLPICT000208118637_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqpVlberWd9EgFPZtcLiMQfyf2A9a6I9YchsjMeADBa08.jpeg
I've watched all of Barry and I still have zero idea as to why people want him as Joker or (before Dano was cast) Riddler.
He seems like a way better fit for Dent in my opinion. That middle aged workman neurotic quality.

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets cast as Gordon in 15 years.

But he'd be more inspired than Caleb or Skarsgard for sure.

I've watched all of Barry and I still have zero idea as to why people want him as Joker or (before Dano was cast) Riddler.
He seems like a way better fit for Dent in my opinion. That middle aged workman neurotic quality.

Lol, you do know he’s mostly known as a zany comedian, right? He’s playing against that image on Barry. He was on a little show you might have heard of, it was called SNL, I think.

I actually don't really see Hader as Joker either, it was just an idea since that Bill Skarsgard suggestion reminded me of Hader.

Age may be irrelevant to some around here, but personally I'd rather see a Joker who's about 30-ish facing off against Pattinson's Batman. I've always seen the two as being about the same age, since it's been that way in animation ever since BTAS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"