Justice League The Justice League Casting Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you guys only knew who was sitting beside me right now, laughing at ur posts.

Oh it must be a Jane look-a-like, because the real Jane isn't sitting beside me, but on top of me:oldrazz:

Okay, I'm done...my woman doesn't like me saying such filth....plus we are putting out a home video that will just show everything anyway :wow:

That is exactly right. The Flash regardless of which version has always been "lighthearted everyman who runs fast" for the teams. Barry Allen was always late and accused of being lazy in the comics as well. He is a pretty laid back guy, IMO, but he is definitely smart. And has a good sense of humor.

Why are you against Gosling playing him though?

I guess I just get tired of hearing and seeing his name attached to superheroes as if he is the second coming lol. I wouldn't mind him playing Flash, I guess.

Surely the question would be 'would Gosling even consider it'?

I guess I just get tired of hearing and seeing his name attached to superheroes as if he is the second coming lol. I wouldn't mind him playing Flash, I guess.

I think he really is perfect for the part though, although I get the fatigue in hearing his name thrown around all the time for it (and it's good to have multiple options/ideas here on the boards haha). It's just he's so ideal for it - even the writer and artist of the New 52 Flash series said if they were casting the movie he would be their number one choice for the part, he's who they see as Barry Allen. I thought that was awesome. I think it would be a hit though, Ryan Gosling as The Flash/Barry Allen. If the script were really good, would he do it though I wonder?

That's my question.

Gosling jokingly gushed that he would consider taking the superhero role in the long-gestating DC movie.

Asked by Screen Crave if he would jump into a superhero genre, the Canadian hunk answered, "Well, they're all taken." When the interviewer suggested that he could star in the "JLA" pic and play Green Lantern or The Flash, the 32-year-old actor responded, "Well Ryan Reynolds is Green Lantern. I can get Flash basically."

Oh it must be a Jane look-a-like, because the real Jane isn't sitting beside me, but on top of me:oldrazz:

Emma Stone?:woot:

h229EEEE5

Annd this just dropped. This is what happens when you take your sweet damn time!
ww1x_large.jpg

With the article.
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/61620

Let the litigations begin! I doubt this will ever see the light of day. But on the internet, I'll download it as soon as someone has put up the file.

Sweet costume though!:woot:

Gosling jokingly gushed that he would consider taking the superhero role in the long-gestating DC movie.

Asked by Screen Crave if he would jump into a superhero genre, the Canadian hunk answered, "Well, they're all taken." When the interviewer suggested that he could star in the "JLA" pic and play Green Lantern or The Flash, the 32-year-old actor responded, "Well Ryan Reynolds is Green Lantern. I can get Flash basically."

Yeah, I saw that when it came out and, to be honest, all I got saw was Gosling politely side-stepping the question. Going on past interviews, he's hardly been wanting to appear in a comic-book movie anytime soon. I cant be bothered going to find the links at the moment [too much leg-work for a guy who's just got home from work], but his comments have been posted on these boards many times over the years.

He didnt exactly hold the genre in high regard. Maybe something has changed, maybe not.

No but that was then. He's been speaking about it a little differently now. He said he always wanted to do a superhero movie but wasn't interested in what was offered. Drive was close to it for him. But lately he's been talking about them.

I read that he went to see TDKR with his co-star from Place Beyond The Pines, Ben Mendelsohn (John Daggett). Heard him in a recent interview talk about how he worked with the guy who rides the bat-pod for his bike scenes in Pines. He's well aware of Reynolds being GL.

So it sounds like he's aware of what's going on in this universe. He's seen Nolans movies and I don't see why he wouldn't break his rule, and take the role if Nolan and Bale were attached. Since they're very different from the roles he's been offered. Not the typical popcorn fluff.

He always mentions the Flash, because he obviously knows he's wanted for the part. He said he would consider it if Nicolas Refn directed it, and that was 3 years ago. Since then he's more upbeat about playing the Flash or a superhero.

The only thing standing in his way is this. He's going on a break now. And just last week talked about how the leading man thing is not his favorite. So how long is his break? Would he want to return from his break and go into a movie like Justice League? Would Flash (in JL) be more ideal since it's a supporting role?? Maybe. I guess if they didn't care about launching a solo movie.

Im sure WB doesn't care as long as they get him. I bet he's the first guy they ask too.

That's how I took it too, sadly ^^. I'm just trying to imagine his tone, the seriousness, etc of the question/answer.

No but that was then. He's been speaking about it a little differently now. He said he always wanted to do a superhero movie but wasn't interested in what was offered. Drive was close to it for him. But lately he's been talking about them.

I read that he went to see TDKR with his co-star from Place Beyond The Pines, Ben Mendelsohn (John Daggett). Heard him in a recent interview talk about how he worked with the guy who rides the bat-pod for his bike scenes in Pines. He's well aware of Reynolds being GL.

So it sounds like he's aware of what's going on in this universe. He's seen Nolans movies and I don't see why he wouldn't break his rule, and take the role if Nolan and Bale were attached. Since they're very different from the roles he's been offered. Not the typical popcorn fluff.

He always mentions the Flash, because he obviously knows he's wanted for the part. He said he would consider it if Nicolas Refn directed it, and that was 3 years ago. Since then he's more upbeat about playing the Flash or a superhero.

The only thing standing in his way is this. He's going on a break now. And just last week talked about how the leading man thing is not his favorite. So how long is his break? Would he want to return from his break and go into a movie like Justice League? Would Flash (in JL) be more ideal since it's a supporting role?? Maybe. I guess if they didn't care about launching a solo movie.

Im sure WB doesn't care as long as they get him. I bet he's the first guy they ask too.

:up::up:

I like the way you look at things, man. Sounds like it could actually happen if that is the case!! And I never took it like he had a disdain for the genre, maybe just a little naive as to what is and isn't out there as far as comics characters go. Not all the good ones have been taken yet. :D

I do think he'd do well as the lead in a solo Flash flick though. Just see how JL does first I guess.

Absolutely! Thanks. Ive heard things from different people now, that he's been on their radar for many years as the Flash. So I have no doubt that WB will be asking him before anyone else.

Gosling would do huge numbers (if written well) in a solo Flash. But WB shouldn't think about that. Try to get Ryan for JL first, put the focus on that. After the movie, see if he would be down for a one-off solo film, and get Goyer to pull out his old script or maybe create a new one that satisfies Ryan. Maybe get him to choose his director. If he doesn't want to do it, they can always put it on the backburner or wait a little bit to use a younger actor in a origin story. But getting Gosling and Bale in the same movie, would be beyond huge.

You want to get more female audience members too?? You got Cavill, Bale, Gosling, who knows who would be playing GL plus you have Wonder Woman kicking ass and not playing the damsel in distress. The chicks dig that stuff lol.

Surely the question would be 'would Gosling even consider it'?

I think Gosling would definitely consider it depending on the creative talent involved with developing the film.

That is all part of the recruiting process. It depends on how good the script and characterization is and the TALENT that is producing and directing the film.

If Gosling role as Flash was meaty and interesting and he liked the JL script being written by say Goyer and Jonah, with a story by Chris (who is also a Producer) and Goyer, Directed by Snyder or Goslings boy Refn.

Why wouldn't Gosling jump on board?

If Gosling saw Guggenheim writing the script with Ratner directing, than without a doubt that would be a huge turn off for Gosling.

Annd this just dropped. This is what happens when you take your sweet damn time!
ww1x_large.jpg

With the article.
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/61620

Let the litigations begin! I doubt this will ever see the light of day. But on the internet, I'll download it as soon as someone has put up the file.

Sweet costume though!:woot:

Who's to say that WB doesn't have a silent deal in place where they make a certain amount of profit and agree not to sue. Win/win situation since they are a business after all.

Yeah. And don't forget, the superhero scripts he's probably been offered (or read) have probably been pretty horrible. If Nolans boys drop some ideas off to him, im pretty sure he'll take it.

Im laughing at how much better the XXX costumes look compared to most live-action. It's actually hilarious.

Absolutely! Thanks. Ive heard things from different people now, that he's been on their radar for many years as the Flash. So I have no doubt that WB will be asking him before anyone else.

Gosling would do huge numbers (if written well) in a solo Flash. But WB shouldn't think about that. Try to get Ryan for JL first, put the focus on that. After the movie, see if he would be down for a one-off solo film, and get Goyer to pull out his old script or maybe create a new one that satisfies Ryan. Maybe get him to choose his director. If he doesn't want to do it, they can always put it on the backburner or wait a little bit to use a younger actor in a origin story. But getting Gosling and Bale in the same movie, would be beyond huge.

You want to get more female audience members too?? You got Cavill, Bale, Gosling, who knows who would be playing GL plus you have Wonder Woman kicking ass and not playing the damsel in distress. The chicks dig that stuff lol.

Exactly. I feel the same with pretty much everything you said here. I wouldn't be surprised if Cooper is also on WB's radar for Flash. Has a good relationship with studio and is the lead in one another franchise of WB's in The Hangover films.

Get a solid actress that tones up her body that is beautiful and tall (5'6, but no taller than 5'10) like Lawrence, Wilde, Blunt or Gemma with Bale, Gosling and Cavill and BAM!

Oh man. Nowadays id be down with Cooper as Flash. He's been impressing me lately.

How would u like to see the GL situation play out? Hal? John? No GL?

About Gosling as Flash - great casting.

To me he fits in with the likes of bale and (hopefully) Cavill as having that DC sensibility I always envisioned (dc serious marvel more fun filled)....nolan pulled it off brilliantly and really encaptured how i see the dc world (even though his wasnt a shared universe haha), the same with joss whedon and avengers, a great fit.

this is why the casting of green lantern was always tricky for me - i like ryan reynolds i really do, but for me he just didnt fit with my idea of a dc character such as green lantern - more in line with marvel thats why i enjoyed him as wade wilson (tho him as wally west could have worked a few years ago)

josh dulhamel (spelling) is the closest fit looks wise for gl , but for bale, cavill and now gosling no other actor has got me as sure as i was for these guys (even before the first two were even cast)

About Gosling as Flash - great casting.

To me he fits in with the likes of bale and (hopefully) Cavill as having that DC sensibility I always envisioned (dc serious marvel more fun filled)....nolan pulled it off brilliantly and really encaptured how i see the dc world (even though his wasnt a shared universe haha), the same with joss whedon and avengers, a great fit.

this is why the casting of green lantern was always tricky for me - i like ryan reynolds i really do, but for me he just didnt fit with my idea of a dc character such as green lantern - more in line with marvel thats why i enjoyed him as wade wilson (tho him as wally west could have worked a few years ago)

josh dulhamel (spelling) is the closest fit looks wise for gl , but for bale, cavill and now gosling no other actor has got me as sure as i was for these guys (even before the first two were even cast)
This is how I look at DC and Marvel as well. Reynolds fits Deadpool and he should stick to that. It's WB fault for greenlighting Green Lantern in the first place as this lighter superhero popcorn movie. Leave that for Marvel. They do it well with their characters.

Wolverine is the only one I can think of where you can do something dark and gritty.

But Marvel Studios really has their own style despite what I may think of it. DC needs to develop their own style and stick with it. More serious and character driven is the key. Look at any of their movies since the 90s rolled around. For the modern era we've seen Superman Returns, Green Lantern, Batman & Robin, Batman Forever, Batman Returns (dark but still silly), the Wonder Woman tv show. Anytime they try something light-hearted it falls on its face.

Actors like Bale and Gosling are a perfect fit for heroes that you can take seriously.

Oh man. Nowadays id be down with Cooper as Flash. He's been impressing me lately.

Personally I'd want Hal Jordan in the first Justice League movie. I think Hal brings a more interesting dynamic with each member.

1. He and Flash get along (perhaps already having met), bringing some levity to the league. Flash is able to sway GL to the league, "They're not so bad", etc
2. He and Superman are both the flying, 'classic', 'guardian of the planet' superheroes, leading to some tension regarding their boundaries. Yet GL's more reckless/Supes is more responsible. Superman doesn't like Hal's 'attitude'. I'd love to see a brief GL/Superman fight.
3. He and Batman are the only 'regular' people. Batman too doesn't like Hal's attitude, but he's less vocal about it. Hal doesn't fear Batman. He's eventually able to get through to Hal; Bruce is supposed to be fearless, yet Hal is the one who was chosen with the ring, a great responsibility.
4. With WW, there could be a link with Steve Trevor, fellow fighter-jet pilot, lending to some comedy. WW could find Hal to be an example of the men she was told about.
5. With MM, there's some tension in that Hal, the guardian of the sector, wasn't there to save the Martians. Perhaps MM keeps this to himself for most of the movie but eventually drops it on Hal when he's being out of line, causing Hal to leave, saying he has Corps matters to attend to. (of course returning at the beginning of the final battle, having swallowed his guilt)

From a business POV, it probably makes more sense to go with Stewart though.

Last edited:

Cooper can be Hal. Gosling as Flash. Blunt or Arterton as WW. Bale and Cavill. Imagine it. :yay:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"