Justice League The Justice League Casting Thread - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
It still irritates me that Fassbender is Magneto. I feel like he's awesome in that role because he's just a great actor but I find it a wasted opportunity when DC/WB could use him for an iconic character that ALL audiences know. Like Lex Luthor or Bruce Wayne. BOTH would be brought to life by Zack Snyder, who worked with the Fass on 300.

It just feels like such a waste. Maybe X-Men: Days of Future Past won't have a sequel, or its sequel won't be released for a long while. The movie is out in the first quarter of 2014. Maybe Zack can lure him into playing a character that is incredibly different from Magneto.

bradley-copper-lex-luthor.jpg

2012-02-15-9440-2805_Michael_Fassbender_IMG_x900.jpg

605px-Bruce_Wayne_053.jpg

Michael-Fassbender.jpg
I knowwww, I knowwwww *sigh* he's too "common of a choice", but it just bums me out.

Never gonna happen.

And Magneto is not as unknown anymore due to McKellan and Fassbender. Can't see Fassbender ditching one of his most well-known and fame giving roles for Batman, especially for how shaky WB is with their DC movies.

Magneto is still not very known outside the comic book world. There's a lot of the general audience who don't even know about X-Men. Batman, Superman, Hulk, Iron Man (now cuz of Downey), Spidey, Wonder Woman and maybe Flash are the ones that everybody and their grandmother knows. Lex is iconic, Magneto is not outside of the fanboys.

Batman and Superman (especially nowadays) are not shaky WB/DC movies or properties. Why WOULDNT he ditch something like Magneto (which may not get a sequel for years) to appear in Snyders Justice League playing Batman. Or in MOS 2 and 3 to play Lex, working for Zack again. Who WOULDNT?

But yes it's unlikely and that's why it bums me out.

Magneto is more known than you're giving him credit for, especially considering how large and prominent of a role he has had in 4 movies; And you are not giving X-Men any of the sort of credit compared to DC heroes you've listed. Hell before the Avengers movie, X-Men was more known to general audiences.

I don't get a Batman vibe from Fass.

Bond, sure. But not Batman.

still sticking with my sig picks for Justice League and future DCCU movies :)

I'd love Fass as Batman, but I don't think it'll happen.

I dig that cast. Sure, there's going to be those who will bork at the prospect of seeing Reynolds as Hal again [and even Reynolds has apparently said that he doesnt want to reprise the role again, but that could be because the GL movie was ****] but I'm not one of those people - I think with the right direction and a bit of a tonal shift in regards to portrayal, Reynolds still has all the key ingredients to make a really good Hal.

Some should make a manip of Luke Evans as Batman, I wonder how he will look in that cowl.

Stubble :hmm

Even if Evans lost his tache, I doubt he'll lose his stubble :hehe:

Superman
tumblr_motd4cI3od1rei3gfo1_500.jpg

Wonder Woman
13628-english-actress-gemma-arterton-was-500x0-1.jpg

Batman
tumblr_mmg193CbHg1rp4vy1o1_500.jpg

The Flash
1322515569_ryan-gosling-lg.jpg

Green Lantern
GL-69-GL01321-3r.jpg
This is awesome. I prefer they use Chris Pine or somebody else for Hal but I wouldn't mind Reynolds returning under a retcon of the 2011 movie.

Also Boseman for Cyborg, Elba for John Stewart if Hal is tossed out and Hunnam for Aquaman.

Not that I wouldn't be happy with that cast, but I've seen it about ten-thousand times. Can we try some new choices?

Your choices would definitely work, Eddie!

Last edited:
Superman: Henry Cavill
wklN72Z.jpg

Batman: Joe Manganiello
IRFQLtU.jpg

Wonder Woman: Olga Kurylenko
AQf73TN.jpg

Green Lantern: Josh Duhamel
Mc2JLGB.jpg

Flash: Joshua Jackson
cigVqOd.jpg

@Project got it almost completely right 100%

1) Superman: Henry Cavill
2) Batman: Luke Evans/Armie Hammer
3) Wonder Woman: Gemma Arterton/Briget Regan
4) Flash: Garret Hedlund (the guy in Tron: Legacy)/Charlie Hunnam
5) Green Lantern John Stewart: Chadwick Boseman
6) Aquaman: Charlie Hunnam

Last edited:
@Project got it almost completely right 100%

1) Superman: Henry Cavill
2) Batman: Luke Evans/Armie Hammer
3) Wonder Woman: Gemma Arterton/Briget Regan
4) Flash: Garret Hedlund (the guy in Tron: Legacy)/Charlie Hunnam
5) Green Lantern John Stewart: Chadwick Boseman
6) Aquaman: Charlie Hunnam
tumblr_m9smscyoe61rzhv5ho1_250.gif

There's a reason he was first cast in that failed JL movie, guys. He's grown quite a bit since then, too. And he does have the chin. :D

SlPnJwo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back