Justice League The Justice League Casting Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gosling stopped a street fight ;)

And he also saved a chick from getting hit by a car. :word:

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1UGi0GrGvmY#![/YT]

I would be more than happy if Ryan Gosling were cast as Barry Allen/The Flash. I think he'd do very well.

...oh and here's the "street fight" clip:

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pk8uFxwP_uA[/YT]

Last edited:
Hell no to Justin Timberlake as The Flash. I love The Flash, Barry Allen is probably my favorite character, but I don't ever want to see Timber-shake as The Flash, any Flash, or any other DC character, I don't want him involved with the DCU in any way unless he's playing the part of an annoying little ****sucker who gets punched in the face. Timberlake could play that character perfectly, because that's who he is in real life.

I ****ing hate that guy.

Boy, that would be my absolute nightmare scenario - finally getting an awesome Flash film (what seems like it could be anyway) and then having Justin Timberlake play him. I would pull my covers over my head and cry for days if that happened.
He's loves him really, folks :o

Worlds Finest
Superman: Henry Cavill
Batman: Christian Bale
President Lex Luthor: Daniel Craig
Joker: Daniel Day Lewis
Amanda Waller: Angela Basset

Trinity
Wonder Woman: Emily Blunt
Vandal Savage: Javier Bardem
Deathstroke: Stephen Lane

Justice League
Green Lantern: Idris Elba
The Flash: Ryan Gosling
Aquaman: Charlie Hunnam
Martian Manhunter: Giancarlo Esposito
Lex Luthor: Daniel Craig
Brainiac: Benedict Cumberbatch

If not those villains, I'd want to see
Darkseid: Ian McShane
Maxwell Lord: Tom Cruise

should of always gotten chris pine for Hal he was more like hal in ST than reynolds was in GL LOL
67084.jpg

:hal:

I agree with most of these though I'm still holding my breath to see if Meloni may actually be playing Lex. I wouldn't particularly mind that.

And don't worry, Daniel Craig is my top choice for Lex too!

1. Nothing wrong with Django. I'm black and the use of the N-word was not over the top, not bad, etc. If anything I would say that the word was use less compared to many other Tarantino films. I do agree he has a certain fascination with the word, more so than any other, but Django wasn't at all that bad as far as it's use. It was a great film. People who don't want to see it cause of that word are stupid IMO and fearful that they will like it...not so much get offended.

You Americans are just getting too PC!

2. Will Smith is all freak wrong for John Stewart. I don't want JL to become the Will Smith movie with DC heroes. He's a good actor, but rarely plays second fiddle unless with top top veteran talent. The only film I can think of where he played secondhand after Independence Day was Bagger Vance and even then he was basically sharing the spotlight with Matt Damon.

If an actor always play the hero or lead, then I can see that he is cultivating his brand. Don't think I ever saw Smith in a villainous role. He doesn't know what he's missing! Remember Tom Cruise in Tropic Thunder and of course, Di Caprio in Django.

3. Too many rising and/or good actors out there that can do John Stewart. So no need to get a big named A-Lister like Smith. He's wrong for the role....at least IMO.

You'd have to explain it a little better. Age? Or just can't disappear into a role?

4. Josh Duhamel IS Hal Jordan :oldrazz: If Reynolds doesn't come back this guy seriously needs to be considered.

Agree with you 100%!

5. Kyle Rayner wouldn't be a bad choice, but I wouldn't want to see him as a member of JL, but instead in a GL sequel...maybe the third. Seriously, the GL property is a very overlooked franchise becaus there are so many directions those films can go. Superhero+sci-fi+space adventure+military+fantasy+CG heavily influenced....serious DC/WB get on with it.

Nailed it!

6. I would rather see Timberlake or Paul Walker as Flash/Barry before Gylenhaal :oldrazz: The guy is just all wrong for the role IMO. I don't see how others see him as a superhero action type, but everyone is definitely entitled to their own opinions as I.

The great thing about Barry Allen is that he can be made be serious or funny. To me Barry has always been the heart and comic relief of the team. If Wally isn't used then Barry is just an older version of Wally, but with better insight and experience when it comes to crime fighting IMO. Really they are almost the same characters when both aren't around...at least that is how they come off when only one of them are used in whatever medium. When both are used Barry is obviously made wiser, etc.

I'd have to disagree with you on this one. I have been reading comics for a looong time. I started just before Crisis on Infinite Earths happened. Barry Allen is a geek. Just like Peter Parker. He was the first comic book character that was a Police Forensics Investigator before it was called CSI. So he can be the nerd of the group. Does not mean he can't have a banter with Hal (and it should only be Hal! And only Hal!) The straight man to the comedy duo. Could have a nerdier sense of humor (think Big Bang) but not too nerdy. And as a CSI he has seen a lot of gruesome stuff while on the job, so he can get focused on a situation fairly quick.

Wally is the slacker character. There was even a time where he used his powers to make a living. And I don't I remember him having a job outside of being the Flash. A character who is a lot more laid back than Barry. I think what motivated Wally was having to carry the name of the Flash and not tarnish it. Eventually he owned up to the name and became the Flash, and not just the guy who inherited the role.

7. IMO JL doesn't need any names that are bigger than the roles they are portraying. If Bale comes back then it should be:

Bale
Cavill
Duhamel
insert name for WW
Timberlake or Walker or a similar actor that comes off as a hipster
Nikolaj as a cameo for Aquaman
and strong black actor for MM...I would like someone with a deep voice or accent.

Yup!

:yay:

But I see you both haven't got an Avvy that pubicly announces your love for her ;)

That's where I have a step up :D

This is true, I will give you the credit there. However, that's only because after our night together she had a some sort of white icing on her face and lips and didn't want me photographing:whatever::wow::oldrazz:

He's loves him really, folks :o

I know he does. Well as long as the Flash doesn't go to Gosling or Gylenhaal then I'm good lol.

We American are too PC at times I agree; however, sometimes it is understandable. Honestly I thought the film was good and didn't go overboard with the N-Word. However, I've seen all of tarantino's films and he does have a fascination with the word more so than any other for some reason....at least that is how it comes off.

It's not Will Smith's age, for me, that is an issue, it is just him. To me he isn't the right actor to play John. Yeah sure I would prefer a darker skinned African American actor, but I can get over him being slightly lighter in toned. No biggie. However, him as an actor, IMO, would overshadow the role and possibly his fellow cast. As you said he just can't disappear into the role. GL John Stewart should be given to an actor that makes the character come out on screen and not get consumed in the talent, life, spectacle that is Will Smith. Plus, Will Smith monologues in almost every movie now and it is sooooo freaking annoying lol. Between his monologuing and his "Whooo!" I just can't take it lol. JL doesn't need Wills Smith to be a successful movie or franchise.

I see your point on how Barry is different than Wally. I agree their backstory, and behaviors are different in many ways, but they still have that personality trait of being comical, lighthearted, easy going, etc. That's what I was really getting at. If you look at any DC movie that has just one Flash in it then sometimes it can be arguably hard to tell which Flash it is unless the name is mentioned or the character is unmasked, just because of how they portray the Flash as being the slightly less serious and lighthearted out of the group. An older Wally and Barry have many common traits when only one of them are used and apart of the team is all I'm saying.

Last edited:
Worlds Finest
President Lex Luthor: Daniel Craig
Joker: Daniel Day Lewis
Amanda Waller: Angela Basset

Trinity
Vandal Savage: Javier Bardem
Deathstroke: Stephen Lane

Justice League
Green Lantern: Idris Elba
The Flash: Ryan Gosling
Aquaman: Charlie Hunnam
Martian Manhunter: Giancarlo Esposito
Lex Luthor: Daniel Craig
Brainiac: Benedict Cumberbatch

If not those villains, I'd want to see
Darkseid: Ian McShane
Maxwell Lord: Tom Cruise
That's one hell of a cast!

And he also saved a chick from getting hit by a car. :word:

[YT]1UGi0GrGvmY#![/YT]

I would be more than happy if Ryan Gosling were cast as Barry Allen/The Flash. I think he'd do very well.

...oh and here's the "street fight" clip:

[YT]pk8uFxwP_uA[/YT]

Fixed.

Hehehe. Gosling as Barry Allen at the same time that Bale is Bruce Wayne, would make my decade.

This is true, I will give you the credit there. However, that's only because after our night together she had a some sort of white icing on her face and lips and didn't want me photographing:whatever::wow::oldrazz:
You vile fiend :argh:

:waa: :p

To quote Michael Jackson

"Why you doing this to me?" :oldrazz:

Besides. ..I've set up an appreciation thread on the celeb forums!

Another point to me :D

To quote Michael Jackson

"Why you doing this to me?" :oldrazz:

Besides. ..I've set up an appreciation thread on the celeb forums!

Another point to me :D

Awesome...thanks for letting me know that. I'll just go and deflower and defile that one too! LOL

jane_levy_gif.gif

tumblr_lu0yuqdKSs1qadfvzo3_500.gif

tumblr_m6ces0OoiK1rv2wxho2_500.gif

Jane_Levy.jpg

We should just change the name of the thread, shouldn't we?:o

Sorry :funny:

We'll take this battle for the fair lady somewhere else :D

We should just change the name of the thread, shouldn't we?:o

Sorry :funny:

We'll take this battle for the fair lady somewhere else :D

Scr*w that lol....I'll have this discussion wherever I see fit lol. As much as this thread tends to go off topic, who cares if I spend about a page talking about this sexy minx! There I'm done. No more....Anarchy you're a one to talk...you've gone off on some non JL tangents before :oldrazz: At least I'm providing some quality photos of my woman to beauty up the place!

If you guys only knew who was sitting beside me right now, laughing at ur posts.

I see your point on how Barry is different than Wally. I agree their backstory, and behaviors are different in many ways, but they still have that personality trait of being comical, lighthearted, easy going, etc. That's what I was really getting at. If you look at any DC movie that has just one Flash in it then sometimes it can be arguably hard to tell which Flash it is unless the name is mentioned or the character is unmasked, just because of how they portray the Flash as being the slightly less serious and lighthearted out of the group. An older Wally and Barry have many common traits when only one of them are used and apart of the team is all I'm saying.

That is exactly right. The Flash regardless of which version has always been "lighthearted everyman who runs fast" for the teams. Barry Allen was always late and accused of being lazy in the comics as well. He is a pretty laid back guy, IMO, but he is definitely smart. And has a good sense of humor.

Why are you against Gosling playing him though?

Thanks. How did you do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back