Justice League The Justice League Casting Thread - Part 7

How about Danny Sapani for Black Manta? I still keep Boyega for kaldur.

Denzel is too good for Black Manta.
No way. Not if they do Manta right.

The father son parallels between Manta/Kaldur and Aquaman/Arthur Jr are just too good to pass up, there's a lot they can do with that story.

Part of Black Manta's motivation could stem from the feeling that Aquaman stole his son. He'll stop at nothing to do the same to Aquaman, eventually kidnapping Arthur Jr and forcing Aquaman to cut off his hand in order to save him.

Black Manta falls in love with and impregnates an Atlantean woman. The child ends up being raised in Atlantis, and never sees his father. The mother dies when he's still young, and the boy ends up being mentored by Aquaman and Mera. Shunned from seeing his love or his child, Black Manta's resentment towards Atlantis grows, and when he discovers that Kaldur sees Aquaman as a father figure, the hatred builds.

Manta designs a suit that allows him to survive in the depths of the ocean, and he begins spying and planning an assault on Atlantis. While Manta is gathering intelligence, he meets Orm, who promises Manta a chance to get revenge in exchange for his help. Black Manta quickly becomes Orm's right hand man, playing an integral role in the coup of Atlantis.

I think there could be two VERY solid Aquaman movies . One using Orm as the villain, and another using Black Manta as the villain.

Since we know Darkseid is coming, the chances of finally seeing Orion on screen are exponentially increased. That would be a dream for me. Who could play him though? Rob Kazinsky maybe?

wow thanos, apocalypse and then darkseid...i really hope they distinguish his look from the others...people will get confused otherwise.
and it's the same thing all over again...i hope this doesn't fire backwards and audiences get annoyed.

They dont really look a like the audience will be fine.

They dont really look a like the audience will be fine.

They actually totally do.

image.png

That's part of the reason I was hoping for Brainiac or Luthor as villains.

image.png

Great job choosing a grey image of thanos, and a nearly all blue darseid. When you chose 3 images of them that are all over saturated in light and have heavy shadow then its hard to tell the difference between anyone. Why dont you try again with 3 regular drawings or better yet, the movie Apocalypse and thanos and comic Darkseid and see how similar they all look.

I'll just say I don't remember any Ivan Ooze comparisons to Thanos.

Great job choosing a grey image of thanos, and a nearly all blue darseid. When you chose 3 images of them that are all over saturated in light and have heavy shadow then its hard to tell the difference between anyone. Why dont you try again with 3 regular drawings or better yet, the movie Apocalypse and thanos and comic Darkseid and see how similar they all look.

...That's 'cos Marvel nicked (basically traced & stencilled A & T from D's character design back in the day), like they have with many of their 'original' characters.

...That's 'cos Marvel nicked (basically traced & stencilled A & T from D's character design back in the day), like they have with many of their 'original' characters.
You really don't want to start a whole who stole what from who between DC and Marvel comics.

Both have done the same thing the same amount of times with each other.

You really don't want to start a whole who stole what from who between DC and Marvel comics.

Both have done the same thing the same amount of times with each other.

Not wishing to start a in-war 'who copied their homework' off each other point, just simply pointing out on those characters as point was raised they look alike, that's the reason why.

In the comics they look alike, at least in their early days. Since new artists have taken their liberties over the past couple of decades, it's an old and not even justifiable complaint anymore.

In the comics they look alike, at least in their early days. Since new artists have taken their liberties over the past couple of decades, it's an old and not even justifiable complaint anymore.

This x1000

image.png

What you actually mean is that Thanos looks like Darkseid... you know that Darkseid that was created a full three years earlier, by comic book legend Jack Kirby:cwink:

it's not only that they look similar to someone who knows not much about em, but it's also the same story...a conqueror from outer space or time want's to rule the world and an entire group of heroes has to fight him.
i'm literaly speaking from an audience point of view who might start to think its a déjà vu allover again.
and yes the story is as old as history himself but having all three in all those new comic book movies won't be a benefit for the genre and it's definitely not helping when they all have a similar appearance

Last edited:
I'm always confusing DC's partially red-garbed flying guy for Marvel's partially red-garbed flying guy; you know, that Superman fella and that Iron Man dude. Hell, now that I think of it, they've never been seen in the same room at the same time.

True story.

not everyone is aware of all the deals going on, or which character is from which property. all i'm saying is, they should distinguish the look so far, to prevent too many similarities.

If they go by how the characters have looked over the past decade the GA should have no problem distinguishing who is who.

Last edited:
Thanos and Apocalypse already look different and so will Darkseid. This is a silly complaint imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"