Justice League The Justice League Casting Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not black myself, but I don't see why people are complaining about the over-use of the N word in Django. Like Quentin said, they used it just as much for real back then in those situations so theyre just telling the story. Also, I listen to enough hip-hop and have had colored friends who use it all the time so I don't know what's so uncomfortable about hearing it. Especially when QT already used it a lot in his 90s movies.

Will loved the script but if he thought the N word was a little too much, I guess he just wasn't meant to play that part.

With the right paycheck Will might do Justice League but it is one of the lesser characters who now has a past movie that's quite the joke. He might look at it like "oh they want the token black guy as a superhero....well I played the black superhero in Hancock so no".

He must not have seen Blazing Saddles then.

I always liked the idea of Justin as The Flash
justin-timberlake-646.jpg

and I've always hated cause he's such a ****, but my feelings aside, i think he'd be an okay flash.

Pfft that's ridiculous. I don't see Jamie Foxx, Kerry Washington or Sam Jackson complaining. Spike Lee's an idiot for saying what he says about QT's movies , especially for Django. And Sam Jackson isn't afraid to tell him that either.

It's a movie. It's a word. It was used just as much as that, maybe even more back in those days, and whether it's a fantasy film or a documentary or a realistic film to the core, it's just the way it is. People need to get over themselves.

But instead of continuing that discussion on here, let's just agree to disagree.

Back to Will Smith. I think the chances are extremely low of him joining this. Im not even sure Green Lanterns going to be a part of it guys.

because the opinion of three people who got paid to do the film far outweighs the way that other people might feel about it. that makes sense.

as you said, you're "not black, it's just a word and people need to get over it" but what i said is ridiculous. cool.

Timberlake has proven himself to be some sort of hero in life though :funny:

Who was the celeb that stopped a runaway car a few year back? Bale? :D

Though I have grown to like Timberlake's peformances over the past couple of years, I am still not sure what I make of the idea of him as Flash. Maybe Wally. But I just can't imagine him as Barry for some reason.

My first choice, love it or hate it, has been Gyllenhaal. So, I'm still holding out for him.

JakeGyllenhaal_070047.jpg

He is vain, greedy, cruel BBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anthony-hopkins-as-odin-in-thor-2011_zps2dc63092.jpg

1. Nothing wrong with Django. I'm black and the use of the N-word was not over the top, not bad, etc. If anything I would say that the word was use less compared to many other Tarantino films. I do agree he has a certain fascination with the word, more so than any other, but Django wasn't at all that bad as far as it's use. It was a great film. People who don't want to see it cause of that word are stupid IMO and fearful that they will like it...not so much get offended.

2. Will Smith is all freak wrong for John Stewart. I don't want JL to become the Will Smith movie with DC heroes. He's a good actor, but rarely plays second fiddle unless with top top veteran talent. The only film I can think of where he played secondhand after Independence Day was Bagger Vance and even then he was basically sharing the spotlight with Matt Damon.

3. Too many rising and/or good actors out there that can do John Stewart. So no need to get a big named A-Lister like Smith. He's wrong for the role....at least IMO.

4. Josh Duhamel IS Hal Jordan :oldrazz: If Reynolds doesn't come back this guy seriously needs to be considered.

5. Kyle Rayner wouldn't be a bad choice, but I wouldn't want to see him as a member of JL, but instead in a GL sequel...maybe the third. Seriously, the GL property is a very overlooked franchise becaus there are so many directions those films can go. Superhero+sci-fi+space adventure+military+fantasy+CG heavily influenced....serious DC/WB get on with it.

6. I would rather see Timberlake or Paul Walker as Flash/Barry before Gylenhaal :oldrazz: The guy is just all wrong for the role IMO. I don't see how others see him as a superhero action type, but everyone is definitely entitled to their own opinions as I.

The great thing about Barry Allen is that he can be made be serious or funny. To me Barry has always been the heart and comic relief of the team. If Wally isn't used then Barry is just an older version of Wally, but with better insight and experience when it comes to crime fighting IMO. Really they are almost the same characters when both aren't around...at least that is how they come off when only one of them are used in whatever medium. When both are used Barry is obviously made wiser, etc.

7. IMO JL doesn't need any names that are bigger than the roles they are portraying. If Bale comes back then it should be:

Bale
Cavill
Duhamel
insert name for WW
Timberlake or Walker or a similar actor that comes off as a hipster
Nikolaj as a cameo for Aquaman
and strong black actor for MM...I would like someone with a deep voice or accent.

Last edited:
Hey Rodrigo

Jane is my woman:hrt: Suburgatory, Fun Size and now Evil Dead....she is over 18 right lol

Get In line :D

She's 23!

Um, dude, she's my woman. I've been on that. 23....oh yeah. I watch ABC's Wednesday line up religiously lol. She is so fine on Suburgatory...her and Dhalia...I love those big eyes and blank expression haha. The best friend with the curly hair is starting to grow on me for some reason too and I think she is attractive lol. Dallas is also a sexy desperate housewife.

Then on the Neighbors the daughter Amber and alien mother are hot! lol Don't get me started about Modern Family.

...but yeah Jane is my woman and should have been Mary Jane in ASM!

Walker?

Walker, hipster?....what?

Well Walker might not be a hipster lol, but he is a surfer LA type IMO, being from there and all. Which is still how I imagine Barry.

I already took Jane away from u guys. Sorry friends!

And about Josh Duhamel, Midnight Black. He's definitely Hal Jordan in many ways. The problem for me is that he's older than Reynolds. He'll be in his early 40's in JL. Close to mid 40's by the time of a sequel. He's a year older than Bale actually, and I don't think that fits well for Hal Jordan in this team-up. Stewart should be experienced. In his 40s works fine. But I think they need somebody who is between 30 and 38 for Hal.

I already took Jane away from u guys. Sorry friends!

And about Josh Duhamel, Midnight Black. He's definitely Hal Jordan in many ways. The problem for me is that he's older than Reynolds. He'll be in his early 40's in JL. Close to mid 40's by the time of a sequel. He's a year older than Bale actually, and I don't think that fits well for Hal Jordan in this team-up. Stewart should be experienced. In his 40s works fine. But I think they need somebody who is between 30 and 38 for Hal.

I see your point, but Duhamel looks nothing like that age honestly. In fact Cavill looks just as old with that hairstyle and the actors in MOS are older than him. He's the baby lol.

I think having Duhamel would work great, because then they could possibly bring in Stewart or Rayner and maybe kill him off or send him into space since he is apart of the GL corps.

Honestly anything between 25-45 works for me because with these actors, makeup, etc. they can all look the same age. Heck Bale was made to look in his early 20s in Begins, and then came back as late 20s/early 30s.

Edit: Look here guys....regarding Jane.....you know what they say. Once you go Midnight BLACK you never go back! :oldrazz:

Ah. But would you guys do her all possessed and ****, like I would? :D

should of always gotten chris pine for Hal he was more like hal in ST than reynolds was in GL LOL
67084.jpg

Lmao Midnight! and Rodrigo, im afraid I would too!

Ah. But would you guys do her all possessed and ****, like I would? :D

Yes....yes...I most definitely would! Nothing like hittin a possessed chick from the back:jedi

Oh and project....let Chris Pine go lol...plus his head is too top heavy to be wearing that green mask lol. They would need to forgo the mask if he were GL.

should of always gotten chris pine for Hal he was more like hal in ST than reynolds was in GL LOL
67084.jpg
Im still a bit pissed about this. He was on their list for GL so im glad Reynolds took the fall with such a bad script. Maybe Pine wouldn't have changed a thing about that movies failure. But im annoyed that they even made the movie then Pine went into Star Trek.

If only Abrams could have done one of his sci-fi action movies with Pine as Hal Jordan, and lined it up with JL. It's a damn shame.

Im selfishly hoping Abrams focuses on Star Wars and the Star Trek franchise is put on a long hold, that way they can reboot Green Lantern with Chris Pine. And keep him exclusive to this team up.

Hell no to Justin Timberlake as The Flash. I love The Flash, Barry Allen is probably my favorite character, but I don't ever want to see Timber-shake as The Flash, any Flash, or any other DC character, I don't want him involved with the DCU in any way unless he's playing the part of an annoying little ****sucker who gets punched in the face. Timberlake could play that character perfectly, because that's who he is in real life.

I ****ing hate that guy.

Boy, that would be my absolute nightmare scenario - finally getting an awesome Flash film (what seems like it could be anyway) and then having Justin Timberlake play him. I would pull my covers over my head and cry for days if that happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"