Justice League The Justice League Casting Thread - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before White Collar.

Hardly any movies, and we know he's capable.

Is it because he's openly gay and Hollywood have an issue with that?
Sure, tv roles are fine. But I bet that ol stigma is attached which lead to hardly any good film roles.

My guess would be name recognition if anything. Can't say any male lead movies in the past couple of years aren't actors we haven' seen lead movies dozens of times before.

Matt Bomer wouldnt be the first guy in Hollywood with leading man potential to not get any leading man material

Probably a factor too.

He started his film career in 2005, tv -2001.

But even others, like Chris Pine has had more success in films, and he started in 2003 with TV. He's not of a good of actor as Bomer imo.

It's because I think, Hollywood don't want to make the gay man a star. Pathetic.

I think that you thinking that's the real reason is pathetic.

Pine did a lot of bad tv and tv movies before getting lucky with Star Trek.

Bomer is big on tv with hit shows, we're still just waiting on his film breakout role.

Really?
So I must be living in the 50's and thinking many people are still in the closet because of the fear of their careers being affected?

It still happens.

Bomer is leading material, I've always thought that.

Why hasn't he gotten many roles in Hollywood as the leading man?

That was pretty much exactly cavill's story until he got MOS. He was famously beaten out for so many lead roles before he finally got MoS.

Bomer is actually on a successful tv show anyways so his career has been pretty decent, he's arguably on the cusp of breaking through totally regardless of his orientation.

I think it's time to cut the public some slack now their not all raging bigots.

Well he's been in the business for 12 years and is now 35, 36 in October. Better get a move on with that breakout role :o

I think he would've had it by now, if Hollywood weren't the bigots they can be. We know the man should have had more film roles than he's had.

He was great in TCM TB and I think what a waste not using him in more stuff on the big screen.

Last edited:
This is ridiculous now, hell why didn't chris reeve have a more successful career after superman? He already had a break-out role? did hollywodd have something against guys named chris?

Bomer is doing fine compared to many actors out there many, the fact we even know his name is testament to that, as there are literally thousands of actors trying to even sniff at where he's at.

Hollywood is very fickle some make it some don't, to just blame everything on perceived discrimination is ridiculous.

Unless you have a problem with him being gay this isn't even a topic worth mentioning anymore.

Well since I don't have a problem with him being gay, let's drop this.

And I would actually like to see him get cast, just to prove myself wrong.

Last edited:
Well if Snyder ends up directing, we'll see if Bomer gets a call. He was on a short list for Superman if memory serves.

How about Chris Pine for Batman...?

I'm down. But I think his costar Zachary Quinto could do a better job.

(Batman and Nightwing?)
margin-call.jpg

Oh, he's gay too btw.

Last edited:
I've brought up pine as bats before if he isn't interested in hal. i think he'd pull it off.

I don't see Pine being interested in comic book characters. I think he said that once too.

If he's not playing Hal he would need to play Barry. If he was a part of JL and not playing those 2 characters it would be a crime.

It's like casting Gosling as Steve Trevor.

I can't see Pine or Bomer as Batman. They're both good actors, but I don't think either of them are edgy enough to pull off a character that dark. I do think Luke Evans might be good though. I just haven't seen him in enough stuff to be sure.

My problem with Bomer is that I see him as Bruce Wayne. I don't see him as Batman. I feel the same with Jon Hamm.

I think Goyer has said this before. It's easy finding a great Bruce Wayne or a good Batman but it's hard finding someone who can play both. It's very obvious but it's true. It's something we often do around here when fancasting. Matt Bomer might be better off playing Hal Jordan.

My problem with Bomer is that I see him as Bruce Wayne. I don't see him as Batman. I feel the same with Jon Hamm.

I think Goyer has said this before. It's easy finding a great Bruce Wayne or a good Batman but it's hard finding someone who can play both. It's very obvious but it's true. It's something we often do around here when fancasting. Matt Bomer might be better off playing Hal Jordan.

Yeah, possibly. I also think he might make a good Flash.

But yeah, I agree... I love Jon Hamm but I really can't see him as Batman. Now Lex Luthor, on the other hand...

If Chris Pine's Jack Ryan movie is successful, I don't see him having the schedule for a DC character, a least not a titular one

Well I just watched a bit of No One Lives.

Evans would make a terrific Batman :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"