The Last Defenders

Gotta make the cuts somewhere. And if it's been delayed for months after just two issues, I'd probably hate it just on principle even if I were reading it by now.

Yeah, issue #2 came out months ago. That was the last one so far, though.

Hmmm...none of the shops I go to had it. Or they sold out before I got there.:csad:

It's been a while since I read the first issue but I didn't know they were in a whale. I don't recall them specifying what the creature was.

The Defenders are coming back in March with a new 6 issue miniseries. Newsarama interviewed Joe Casey about the book, and in true Newsarama fashion, they made absolutely no mention of the artist.

DefendersImage.jpg

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=139443

If I had to guess. That looks like newly acquired Marvel exclusive artist Daniel Acuna to me.

Doesn't look like his art style to me.

Yeah, I'm not seeing it, either. Besides, I doubt he went exclusive to work on a miniseries.

Yeah, I'm not seeing it, either. Besides, I doubt he went exclusive to work on a miniseries.

Well considering Marvel's track record with exclusive artists not really doing much of anything, I wouldn't be surprised.

To be honest, my first thought was McGuinness, especially on that last panel. But we all know he's not fast, at all.

Maybe it's a new guy.

Hmmm, maybe. But Jeff Parker really isn't a huge draw, so I can see them trying to throw a name on art. Not even a big name, just a name. Like Bill, or Travis.:huh: :huh: :boba: :bh: :brucebat: :hehe: :grin:

Hmmm, maybe. But Jeff Parker really isn't a huge draw, so I can see them trying to throw a name on art. Not even a big name, just a name. Like Bill, or Travis.

Who said anything about Jeff Parker? :confused:

Casey's name is a big enough draw to warrant a new guy artist.

He totally is. As evidenced by Iron Man: The Inevitable.

Looks pretty good. I'll give it a try.

And I would say that person that Nighthawk is fighting looks more like one of the Brother's Grimm than a Hellfire club grunt. I mean, why the hell would one of THOSE actually get up from a shot from Nighthawk? The mask has a skull like design, Hellfire flunkies don't have that. If it isn't a Brother Grimm, it is someone else with a skull motif, who isn't Crossbones, Red Skull, or Taskmaster.

Looks pretty good. I'll give it a try.

And I would say that person that Nighthawk is fighting looks more like one of the Brother's Grimm than a Hellfire club grunt. I mean, why the hell would one of THOSE actually get up from a shot from Nighthawk? The mask has a skull like design, Hellfire flunkies don't have that. If it isn't a Brother Grimm, it is someone else with a skull motif, who isn't Crossbones, Red Skull, or Taskmaster.

You're correct. That's the Brothers Grimm.

What's their story? I don't think I remember them.

D-list villains based out of Cali. Fought Spider-woman and Iron Man (Rhodey) when he was on the west coast.

Powers come from the costume. They can do a bunch of crazy "magic tricks".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"