The Last of Us

I hope the sequel has Joel and Ellie. If not then I wouldn't be that interested. It could be any zombie game.

I hope the sequel has Joel and Ellie. If not then I wouldn't be that interested. It could be any zombie game.

People said the same thing about TLoU, before it came out but the the characters and world, won people over and it was a masterpiece. Im almost sure ND could win you over with new characters and original story. It would behoove you or anyone to not give them a chance

Played this again for a few hours on the weekend (first time in ages). Definitely one of the best of last gen.

finished it this week, definitely one of the best games i've ever played
beyond worthy of the hype

I just started playing the remaster yesterday but today I think I've played it for at least 3 hours and this game is hardcore. I already lost the brunette girl who was also infected. Those creatures/infected humans are not easy and this game doesn't seem to have a downtime, as five minutes break from the enemies, here's some more, either those humans or the clickers/runners/infected humans. I'm definitely enjoying it though but its really quite stressful. If there's one criticism that I would say is, the graphics look grainy maybe its just my tv but I didn't notice that with Uncharted 4 which came out like 1 to 2 years after this one and it definitely looks like a remastered version imo.

Last edited:
I just started playing the remaster yesterday but today I think I've played it for at least 3 hours and this game is hardcore. I already lost the brunette girl who was also infected. Those creatures/infected humans are not easy and this game doesn't seem to have a downtime, as five minutes break from the enemies, here's some more, either those humans or the clickers/runners/infected humans. I'm definitely enjoying it though but its really quite stressful. If there's one criticism that I would say is, the graphics look grainy maybe its just my tv but I didn't notice that with Uncharted 4 which came out like 1 to 2 years after this one and it definitely looks like a remastered version imo.

The game has a pretty grainy look, but it also came out in like 2013 (three years before Uncharted 4) and was made for the PS3.

My thoughts
Going from Assassin's Creed (where there's a lot of freedom) to this is literally day and night. The game is hard. The enemies are exhausting and I've been killed plenty of times, so I was a bit stressed and terrified playing this. But it was definitely an experience. I don't know if it's just me, but I really needed to pay attention to my inventory and use them wisely. The clickers/runners were terrifying especially clickers and bloaters in which they can easily kill you with just 1 wrong move. Ugh. I was terrified being spotted especially when Ellie wasn't around.

Even though the game was hard for me, I finished it pretty quickly. I could have finished it sooner if I wanted to rush it or if I wasn't terrified with the clickers. So for me, I think the game is short but I guess for a survival horror, the length of this is the norm. There were days that, I took my time here as I don't want to end it so quickly.

I like the lead characters in this and the people that they have met along the way. The story to me is really nothing new, it reminds me of The Walking Dead and I Am Legend, with the gameplay/mixing materials reminding me of Resident Evil. But for a videogame, the story is quite good and acting is superb. I don't pay attention to cutscenes that much but given how intimate this game, I ended up caring about the supporting characters as well which rarely happens to me in a videogame. I usually just pay attention to the lead characters. Like I said, the game is hard but the mechanics/controls are easy to remember and use. The environment/world that the characters were living in was harsh, so I felt bad for them. What happened to brothers were sad. While the ending was quite interesting. I spent most of my time just looking for materials that would help me upgrade my stats which is my favorite thing to do in the game.

If there's a problem I had in this, is its just not my type of game. When it comes to survival horror or just horror/zombie games, I limited myself to Resident Evil because horror games can be stressful and this is like the only survival horror game that I played in ps4 that isn't Resident Evil. But I wanted to experience this myself to see if its really good and I liked Uncharted. I found this game stressful because of the creatures/enemies so I won't be playing it again from the start. The graphics look pretty good, even though it didn't wow me, I just reminded myself that this was originally a ps3 game but I wish the game didn't have much grainy look, and the graphics look too sharpened at times. Also, like I said, the game is short and I wish it was longer and the other characters were more fleshed out. I was expecting more from Joel's brother. While when they were close to the hospital, the game ended right after a hour and I wasn't expecting to end right away. It didn't really feel like a complete story. I also didn't the bow and arrow were useless as they weren't easy to use. Also, it seems like to fully get all the upgrades, you might need to finish the game twice or trice and I'm not doing that.

Over all, its a solid game. Not my type of game but good story, good characters and quite memorable for a gaming experience. I was planning to playing Left Behind but after 1 week I finished the main game, I played Left Behind for 30 minutes however I didn't want to stress myself dealing with the stalkers so I just watched the rest of it on YouTube.

Just advised in the sequel thread I am currently playing this for the first time but they are discussing spoilers in there so won’t be visiting a huge amount until I play the sequel.

Loving the first game but is there a sprint button as can’t seem to find one

Just advised in the sequel thread I am currently playing this for the first time but they are discussing spoilers in there so won’t be visiting a huge amount until I play the sequel.

Loving the first game but is there a sprint button as can’t seem to find one
Try L1

If the Remake adds Abby or in any way tries to alter the game to morally justify Abby's actions in LOU 2 I won't play it even if its offered for free on Playstation Plus.

What we really need is a remake of LOU 2.

If the Remake adds Abby or in any way tries to alter the game to morally justify Abby's actions in LOU 2 I won't play it even if its offered for free on Playstation Plus.

What we really need is a remake of LOU 2.
The remake is for actually putting the faces of Pedro Pascal and Bella Ramsey. :o

Seems like a really pointless remake. The original looks great. These things have to age eventually.

Maybe in 5 to 7 years, it would be released. But its definitely happening for this generation.

The first Last of Us is more of a balance between hope and hopelessness. Like a hope against hope-type situation, because you were delivering a girl who could be the key to everything. The second game really hammers in the despair to almost a ridiculous degree, with the most faintest notes of hope. I'm confident that there will be a third title eventually, and for the sake of the story there needs be, for closure. Maybe a lab-made cure is too unrealistic at this point. My guess is that nature will resolve the situation more or less on its own. Just like the infections started in the first place, not as a lab-made virus but a force of nature

The second game largely moved on from the shrooms. I will be surprised if the third game will revert back to the cure, saving humanity and so on.

ND is busy right now with the remake of the first game. I also can see them doing a non-TLOU game to take a break while story details for Part 3 are being fermented in Druckmann's head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"