The Last of Us

The Last of Us... Can be branched out into a sequel, but it can't repeat the same characters. The game itself is called "The Last of Us", it's a game about the last people who are struggling to survive in this post-apocalyptic society. And in the end, the game will tell the story of the Last of Us. It would define who is still left standing in this crazed society. Everyone got a taste of what it's like for a father to lose all, as well as a teenager who lost her identity as a kid. However other stories still could be told like a mother's story, a baby growing up in this violent society, etc. This franchise can grow in a huge way, and could therefore continue telling other stories.

The Last of Us is very much the story of Joel and Ellie. I wouldn't much care for a sequel without them.

The Last of Us is very much the story of Joel and Ellie. I wouldn't much care for a sequel without them.

But was their story not completed in the first game? I feel like it was. The only way I'd like the sequel to reuse them is if it picks up after a considerably long amount of time. And even then I don't know if they could do it without diminishing the ambiguity of the ending.

The Last of Us (1) was their story. A sequel doesnt need to have anything to do with them

The Last of Us... Can be branched out into a sequel, but it can't repeat the same characters. The game itself is called "The Last of Us", it's a game about the last people who are struggling to survive in this post-apocalyptic society.

The title doesnt need to be taken literally and thats definitely not a reason not to reuse characters. Final Fantasy wouldnt have existed as is had they taken the title literally

The Last of Us (1) was their story. A sequel doesnt need to have anything to do with them
they could, or they could do it without them. I feel like it could go either way. I'm not 100% but I think one of the times ND was asked about tlou2, they said part of them going to it would be a matter of getting troy baker & ashley johnson. and they wouldn't have said it that way if they didn't think there was a little more to tell with those two characters.
The title doesnt need to be taken literally and thats definitely not a reason not to reuse characters. Final Fantasy wouldnt have existed as is had they taken the title literally
I think he was trying to give the title more of a symbolic meaning rather than taking it literally.

I picked this up today for $5 so I'll be starting it sometime soon.

Aaaaand I'm done.

Neat game. It's too ****ing long though. Jeez. Played it through on hard with only using a walkthrough when I had to. I died 68 times, 3 ally deaths and a gun accuracy of 75%. I think I did pretty good.

how long did it take you? It took me about 18 hours on normal the first time

Around 20 hours. I had the ending spoiled so I mostly just ran around, looked for supplies then murdalized everything. I'm going to use a walkthrough on my next run to get everything on new game+ on hard again because it'll be easier this time. Half the time I'd mess up my controls and die or not realize how things would work and die. I even tried to melee clickers barehanded for a while until I realized that was a bad idea. :p I imagine I might have less than 20 deaths my second time through with most of those being insta-kills from clickers.

I figure a second playthrough to get all the stuff and whatever other trophies then I'll put it away for a while.

I haven't played this game since around the time it first came out, but I wanted to see how it looked on PS4 and I was in shock by how good it looked, because it was already beautiful on PS3.

I have a question though, I want to do a complete playthrough of the game but I never played Left Behind. Since I already know the story of the main game, would it be better to play that before I start the main game?

I also think the trophy list is the worst trophy list of any game I've played. I swear I got three trophies the entire campaign and one was for beating it in hard or whatever.

I also think the trophy list is the worst trophy list of any game I've played. I swear I got three trophies the entire campaign and one was for beating it in hard or whatever.

LOL...I think I only got 2 or 3 in Until Dawn. The guys over at KindaFunny.com discussed trophy lists recently and said ND's games in general tend to be bad. Id have to agree. The Uncharted games are simple enough but incredibly generic and seem more like checking a box off a list of typical trophy tropes

The trophies in TLoU are pretty much beat the game two times on Grounded and pick up everything then play multi-player. For some reason my account logged me out just as I finished my first run through of hard mode and the trophies for Hard and below started popping up so I went to check my to see what I had. I wasn't logged in and I was started to get really pissed because I though I'd have to play the last level again which was a ***** the first time. They counted once I logged in though which was nice since I was going to be pissed if they didn't.

Also, has anyone else had issues where you're fighting ghosts sometimes? I had one thing in the cabins section near the end before you switch between Joel and Ellie. A guy had grabbed Ellie with another guy beside him and I was hitting the button to get free when all of a sudden he was dead on the ground and his buddy vanished. It confused the bad place out of me.

LOL...I think I only got 2 or 3 in Until Dawn. The guys over at KindaFunny.com discussed trophy lists recently and said ND's games in general tend to be bad. Id have to agree. The Uncharted games are simple enough but incredibly generic and seem more like checking a box off a list of typical trophy tropes
Here's hoping that ND has put more thought into the trophies for Uncharted 4.

I picked this up for PS4 today. Never did get around to playing the original game on PS3.

LOL, when I played it on the PS3, I was like, "Why do I have so few trophies, even after beating this game on the hardest levels?"

Got it again for the PS4, and I have all but two (three, if you include the Platinum) trophies, the two faction trophies. One day I'll get around to getting them.

I finished my second run on Hard+ with a walkthrough to get everything and I'm done with it. I might try it again in a few months but besides the story there's not much replay value if you don't play MP.

I just got to the part where you get the car. Got to say, I'm not super impressed so far.

It is one of those games you'll either like or you won't. I found the fighting meh at best. The story was okay but I'd rather have had the option to make choices in the game than the ending.

How come?

Thus far I've found the combat to be okay but nothing great (with some really wonky aiming). The story and setting isn't really much of anything outside the usual post-apocalyptic deal. I will say that the graphics are pretty great, and the dialog is also well written. But I don't know, right now, it's just not doing a whole lot for me.

I think the clickers are a neat idea. I'd rather fight them than humans. Humans are just annoying to fight.

I liked how the game jumped to twenty years later. I didn't buy the game until a year after release because I figured it was just another zombie game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"