The Last of Us

Discussion in 'Sony' started by Thread Manager, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Havok83

Havok83 Registered

do you think its bc its been overhyped to you and playing now 2 years later, its just not impressive that it may have been in 2013 as a late gen game?

2. XtremelyBaneful

Tlour was the best game I ever played, although I've got no desire to ever play it again. Maybe the mp.

3. SpideyVille

SpideyVille Walking out the Desert

I played the game months after its release on PS3 and thought it was fantastic. I recently got it for PS4 and played a bit of Left Behind just to get a taste of it on PS4 and I can't wait to go back to it.

But it is one of those games where the magic is really in your first experience. Once you know what to expect, it loses some of the charm. But then again, that cn be said about most things in life.

Still have to check out the MP though, never even touched it.

4. KevanG

KevanG Pragmatic Villain

I've played better games both newer and older than TLOU. It was pretty good but I like Deadly Premonition better dedpite its (sometimes massive) faults.

5. XtremelyBaneful

to each their own, you know. i got gta5 as a gift this year and even though i'm compelled to play it more i think tlou is the better game.

6. Victarion

Victarion Iron Captain

I preferred Naught Dog's Jak and Daxter trilogy. Especially loved how the third one had a Mad Max feel with the wastelands and the war-buggies.

7. KevanG

KevanG Pragmatic Villain

Never played the J&D series. I love the goggles Ellie can wear once you unlock them.

8. Havok83

Havok83 Registered

IMO, Jak 1 was the only good game in that series. It went downhill with the second

9. Victarion

Victarion Iron Captain

Jak II was my first, so it probably colored my opinion of the trilogy. The first one's a good platformer. I love the marshland levels.

10. Tron Bonne

Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

That's a fair question. I don't know, though, it's not that old so I don't think it's really aged any worse in such a short time. I don't really think my opinion would be significantly different to be honest. I'm generally not one to get swept up in hype so I don't think I'd be a hype surfer.

11. AVEITWITHJAMON

AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

Would you guys recommend this game to someone who hasn't played it before?

12. SpideyVille

Let's put it like this, would you recommend the first 5 movies in your signature to people who haven't seen this before?

13. AVEITWITHJAMON

AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

So its a real bad game huh :cwink:?

Thanks, I may purchase it this weekend as I need a game that I can get my teeth into and spend hours on, battle front isn't really that without online play.

14. KevanG

KevanG Pragmatic Villain

Its fine. Interesting premise and decent setting. I ignored the MP though.

15. DarthSkywalker

DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

The Last of Us is rather great if you ignore the gameplay imo. Then you run into problems. But the characters have had me complete it more then a few times.

16. SpideyVille

Yeah, it's a great game. Most would say the best game on PS3, and the Remastered versions looks great on PS4. I'd say the only issues I've really seen people have is that once you finish the game, the experience feels so good the first time that you may not want to go back to replay it for a while.

17. AVEITWITHJAMON

AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

Thanks guys/gals, in fairness once I complete a game I very rarely go back and play it again anyway.

18. Spider-Who?

Spider-Who? ERMERGERD!

Yes. It is such a wonderful game. Beautiful story, amazing graphics, visceral gun and hand-to-hand combat, wonderful acting, there isn't anything I would complain about with this game. I consider it a must-play.

19. AVEITWITHJAMON

AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

Think I will give it a miss then, sounds awful :cwink:.

May buy it tomorrow, need something for the weekend.

20. Jick

Jick Auxiliary Assistant

With these kinds of games I rarely do too. But I'd recommend doing so with this one, since there's a New Game+ and it's worth to play it with all of the skills you improved for the character and the weapons. It's an amazing game anyway.

HINT: The first thing you should upgrade is the aiming. It'll make the gameplay much more satisfying.

21. AVEITWITHJAMON

AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

Will do, thanks

22. Tron Bonne

Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

I finished the main game yesterday. Got to say, overall, I was somewhat disappointed. First off, as I mentioned before, never really dug the combat much. It felt a little too...floaty? Not just the shooting and aiming, even the hand-to-hand stuff felt off, just didn't click with me much, seemed like there was some tweak missing to make it feel really good.

The most surprising thing to me, though, was the story. I have to say, after hearing so much ranting and raving about the narrative, I really expected something more than this. It's not bad, but it really only starts to get good about halfway through the game. A lot of the first half I thought was rather flat overall, kind of boring really. I give props to the game for staying more subtle and not delving into melodrama or anything too over-the-top like a lot of games tend to, but still...I don't know, maybe my expectations for the story were just too high after hearing the hype, but it wasn sort of more good with a slathering of great here and there more than anything.

The thing that stood out the most as really exceptional was the dialogue and deliver. That was very well done, very organic.

I'd probably give it a solid 7.5-8/10, somewhere in that range. There's definitely good stuff here, but I wouldn't put it nearly on the pedestal many have. I've yet to play Left Behind, though, so I'm not sure what the general view falls on that. I know it primarily stars Ellie, who I like alright. She had a solid arc in the story, even if I didn't care much for her in the beginning.

23. Oscorp

Oscorp Registered

For those who haven't tried the multiplayer I say give it a chance. It's one of the best multiplayer experiences I've had to be honest. It's rather slow and tactical. Completely different from the likes of Call of Duty for instance. But it's great. It's all about team work.

24. XtremelyBaneful

http://www.gamesradar.com/last-us-2-prototypes-will-be-resurrected-once-uncharted-4s-dlc-done/

25. Benstamania

Benstamania Go away.

I'm actually really sad it's getting a sequel. I'll play it.. Don't get me wrong.. BUT TLOU was PERFECT for a one and done game.

It better have nothing to do with Joel or Ellie. Different time period too please. Hell.. I'd also take a "new" infection or whatever with each game.. No connection what so ever to the previous game.. Just new end of the world like scenario.