The Last of Us

Hugh Jackman for Joel!

He'd be good, he has the look... Although I absolutely hear Brolin's voice sometimes with Joel. He could do the gruff, completely internalised anguish of Joel to a tee.

Yea, either one of those would be great choices.

This game also looked so damn good remastered, I would LOVE a remastered Uncharted Trilogy pack on PS4.

Yea that has to happen. The best new franchise of the last 25 years, needs to be ported up to the new hardware. Sony would be bonkers not to do that, especially with A Thief's End around the corner

Ellie became part of Joel's family..his kid pretty much. The world doesn't mean a damn next to your kids. Plus Ellie is 14.. Hardly mature enough (and as "grown up" as she comes off.. She's still very much a child) so IMHO she doesn't get to choose if she lives or dies for "the sake of humanity" which, IMHO.. Is pretty ******.

She became a daughter to Joel.. And he already lost one due to this stupid plague... And he'll be damned if he loses another one to "save a world" that, quite frankly.. Ain't worth saving. I don't care how "sane" saving the human race sounds.. I would choose my family every time. Sorry.. World already went to pot.. Just because there's a "cure" 20 years later doesn't mean it will get better. Game already proved that what was left of humanity was worse than the infected.

Amen brother, fully agree with you. It's like you took the words out of my mouth. Perfectly said.

I still think the ending and the moral ambiguity of it all is one of the best endings I've ever played in a game. It challenges what I think and which character I side with every single time I play it.

This game also looked so damn good remastered, I would LOVE a remastered Uncharted Trilogy pack on PS4.

Yea that has to happen. The best new franchise of the last 25 years, needs to be ported up to the new hardware. Sony would be bonkers not to do that, especially with A Thief's End around the corner

Ever since U4 was announced I've been dying for them to release the original trilogy HD on ps4. U4 isn't until next year so there's a possibility they will. It would be a smart move on their part. I would rebuy that **** in two seconds just like I did TLOU. And if they do make an HD remaster of the trilogy, they need to add in photo mode like they did with TLOU. It's really a great addition. I already feel like they will add it to U4 as well.

I always have problems posting YouTube links, even when I do it the way many on the forums here have shown me it still never seems to work. I will try but in case the embedded one doesn't work here is the link. It's a fan made trailer using the photo mode, really awesome and beautiful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O85ZnBXAxtc

[YT]O85ZnBXAxtc[/YT]

• A video review and an article

How does The Last Of Us Remastered Look?
Synopsis: they played it. It contains all of the DLC & looks reat at 1080p & 60Fps and lastly it's the ROTR crew's Goty

Raju's Score 9.5 & Steve's Score 9.0

And

• Naughty Dog Releases Free Multiplayer Maps For The Last of Us: Remastered

News
    on Aug 21, 2014 at 09:01 PM
    ps4-icon.png

As it continues to work to fix problem's with the game's matchmaking, Naughty Dog releases two free multiplayer maps as a gesture to fans.
    ... More

source: EPN.TV & GI

Last edited:
Yea, either one of those would be great choices.

i don't think that's gonna happen.

you're crazy if you honestly believe Uncharted wont see a re-release at some point before 4 comes out.

yeah, i am crazy i'll give you that, but i don't think it's crazy to believe we may not see an uncharted remastered trilogy. did you not watch the video?

yeah, i am crazy i'll give you that, but i don't think it's crazy to believe we may not see an uncharted remastered trilogy. did you not watch the video?

yes and it said that there wont be a whole bunch of them, not that more aren't on the way. Don't expect a Lair, or Heavenly Sword remaster, but arguably one of their biggest franchise? Anyone who doesn't think Uncharted is on its way next year has on blinders. It makes perfect sense considering the next game will have a 4 in its title and a collection would be necessary to bring all the newcomers to the series up to speed

yes and it said that there wont be a whole bunch of them, not that more aren't on the way. Don't expect a Lair, or Heavenly Sword remaster, but arguably one of their biggest franchise? Anyone who doesn't think Uncharted is on its way next year has on blinders. It makes perfect sense considering the next game will have a 4 in its title and a collection would be necessary to bring all the newcomers to the series up to speed

OR since sony understands that uncharted was one of the defining franchises of last generation, they'll leave it rest there, in the last generation. so far it's been just tlou hasn't it? am I missing any?

OR since sony understands that uncharted was one of the defining franchises of last generation, they'll leave it rest there, in the last generation. so far it's been just tlou hasn't it? am I missing any?
Journey, Flower, Escape Plan, Dead Nation, Sound Shapes, Flow, Unfinished Swan off the top of my head. Oh and there's also DC Universe Online. Every company is motivated by money. Don't ever forget that. A collection not only is money for those games in and of itself but it also helps promote and sell Uncharted 4. A re-release serves a dual purpose in that regard

Journey, Flower, Escape Plan, Dead Nation, Sound Shapes, Flow, Unfinished Swan off the top of my head. Oh and there's also DC Universe Online. Every company is motivated by money. Don't ever forget that. A collection not only is money for those games in and of itself but it also helps promote and sell Uncharted 4. A re-release serves a dual purpose in that regard

i don't think any of those games retailed at $60 at launch like the uncharted games did. and yes of course every company is motivated by money, i'm not saying we won't continue to see remasters in the future, i just don't think many of them will be coming from sony and their developers.

i don't think any of those games retailed at $60 at launch like the uncharted games did. and yes of course every company is motivated by money, i'm not saying we won't continue to see remasters in the future, i just don't think many of them will be coming from sony and their developers.

What difference does it matter how much they cost? Sony published and re-released or has plans to for all of them. FYI, DCUO was $60 when it launched on the PS3. Many more may not be coming from Sony in the future, but Uncharted is the one most likely. They have well over a dozen franchises. If there is one that will see a re-release its going to be that. I guess I'll see you in a year from now when many of us are replaying them

What difference does it matter how much they cost? Sony published and re-released or has plans to for all of them. FYI, DCUO was $60 when it launched on the PS3. Many more may not be coming from Sony in the future, but Uncharted is the one most likely. They have well over a dozen franchises. If there is one that will see a re-release its going to be that. I guess I'll see you in a year from now when many of us are replaying them

because they're not really as much of a AAA title if they didn't release at full price, you know? so whatever ripoff feeling gamers get seeing remastered last gen games, they shouldn't feel that way with games that weren't expensive to begin with. that's the way i'm looking at it anyways.

but yeah, I suspect the uncharted trilogy is the next most likely series to be remastered. i just hope it doesn't happen though.

Just brat left behind. I was really invested in the Riley and Ellie friendship. Cool dlc.

I just want to throw something out there.

if tlour included a coop campaign, I would've gotten it. a split screen multiplayer option also would've been great.

local coop for games like this are definitely selling points for me.

Anyone else think Nolan would make a good director for this

After watching interstellar I'd throw Casey afflecks name in for Joel

So I got this game along with my PS4 back in October I think, since it had great reviews and looked interesting. I enjoyed it for awhile, but I'm maybe halfway through and I really haven't had any desire to go back and finish it. The game just got a bit too repetitive for me, it's pretty much same scenario different location time after time. I'm thinking maybe just turn it in for credit when something else I want comes out, but the game probably doesn't hold much resale value, since no games ever do lol. Maybe I'll get around to finishing it somewhere down the line, but Madden, 2k15, Assassin's Creed, and a bit of Call of Duty have been what I've been playing of late.

[YT]3fkn0q3PU5s[/YT]

The Last of Us Gets New DLC on PS4

We still haven't seen the last of The Last of Us, because Sony and Naughty Dog have released some new multiplayer content for the PS4 version of the game. First up, the Tactical Weapons Bundle offers a new Tactical Shotgun, Burst Pistol, Frontier Rifle, and Crossbow. It costs $3, or you can buy each weapon by itself for $1 each. Next up, the Risk Management Survival Skills Bundle costs $4 and gives players some deadly new skills. “Lone Wolf, a skill that grants you temporary survival skills when you are away from your team, Second Chance, a skill that gives you a free health kit when you have none and take more than half damage, Jack of All Trades, a skill that grants you grab-bag level 1 skills at discount, Lucky Break, a skill that allows you to get more ammo and crafting ingredients when you open supply boxes, and Lethal Efficiency, a skill that allows you to perform a faster, low-to-the-ground neck snap when performing a special execution.” The skills can also be purchased for $1 each.
There’s also the Misfit Head Item Bundle, offering some fashionable new items for your character to wear. It has a Viking Hat, Plague Mask, Smiley Mask, Outlaw Mask, Ski Goggles, Broken Gas Mask, Ballistic Helmet, and Urban Camo Helmet for $7.
Finally, there’s two new Gestures Packs, which give players some new ways to show off in the game world. Both of them cost $2.49.
Now if we could just get Naughty Dog to make a sequel to The Last of Us, we’ll be happy.

source: EPN.TV

I just finished it for the first time. What an amazing game! It's one of the most successful horror games ever not because it's particularly gruesome or spooky but just because you're so emotionally invested in the characters!

I loved that finally there was a gay person in an apocalypse movie instead of fulfilling that fantasy straight white guys sometimes have where they think they're the only ones capable of surviving if things get rough. I wish not as many of the people of colour protagonists died though.

I love Joel's choice at the end. It's exactly the choice I would have made too.
Can't wait for #2!

Hey, don't diss my straight white guy fantasy, Silvermoth!

I just finished the DLC included in the PS4 version. I thought it was actually pretty good. Could have used a little more action, but it was some very good story telling.[BLACKOUT] It didn't surprise me that Ellie was gay, particularly given who she was modeled after. [/BLACKOUT]

I liked the way they did the ending; [BLACKOUT]not actually showing Riley's death. Made it more powerful, really. [/BLACKOUT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"