The Lighthouse

Saw this yesterday and wow what a movie. I would say movie of the year but there's a few other movies I haven't gotten a chance to see yet (like Parasite for example) but I know Lighthouse will be up there.

Wow now that was an experience. This is officially my favorite movie of 2019 and the performances from Dafoe and Pattinson are truly amazing. I found it really engaging from beginning to end and its definitely a horror film at its core. I pretty much loved everything about it from the music, to the cinematography and the direction. It's such a bizarre film too and I can understand why it won't be for everybody, but damn were those last couple of scenes haunting. I think the final shot alone will stick with me for a while and I absolutely cannot wait to see what Pattinson brings to the table as Batman/Bruce Wayne. I get the feeling he's going to kill it.

10/10

c4c1deab8509c0086a93528e07bfcfb6d2da7d21.gifv

This movie was a masterpiece in every sense of the word. Robert Eggers is a force to be reckoned with and easily one of the greatest directors of the past few decades,

Yes! It’s finally coming to my local theatre towards the end of the month. Can’t wait!!

Preaching to the choir here, but this film was nothing short of a masterpiece. One of the finest films I've ever seen and easily one of the best in the whole decade. Dafoe and Pattinson were both magnetic in this film.

I've so far been to three different Best Buy stores and they don't have them for purchase. Saw two of them at Target but the cases were damaged.

Anyone having trouble finding the physical blu-ray? I'm hesitant about purchasing it online since I've gotten damaged cases before.

Finally saw the movie. It came out today in Australia and I have so many questions.

I'm not sure if I love the movie or hate it. The acting is phenomenal.

Enjoyable cinematic experience.

I saw it. It was a bit overrated but quite interesting. Pattinson kept dropping his accent. If people thought this would confirm him as Batman I’m not convinced. Still I loved the costumes and the setting was spectacular

I saw it. It was a bit overrated but quite interesting. Pattinson kept dropping his accent. If people thought this would confirm him as Batman I’m not convinced. Still I loved the costumes and the setting was spectacular

The closest Pattinson has had to a Bruce Wayne-ish performance is Cosmopolis. Not a great movie and I dunno what kind of Batman Pattinson will be, but he could make for an interesting Wayne. I personally think his best performance to date is Good Time.

The closest Pattinson has had to a Bruce Wayne-ish performance is Cosmopolis. Not a great movie and I dunno what kind of Batman Pattinson will be, but he could make for an interesting Wayne. I personally think his best performance to date is Good Time.

Yeah he was amazing in Good Time. Honestly, if I had to choose which performance I enjoyed more between this and Good Time it would be really damn hard, but I actually think I prefer The Lighthouse overall as far as being the better film goes.

Can't say I loved it. The story is so simple and you know exactly where it is going early on--which is not a problem, per se, I love a lot of movies with simple stories, but the simplicity doesn't jive well with a messy, almost random narrative construction. Also, I found the movie silly in a way that was only occasionally funny, and the silliness undercut any hope of it being scary. It was just sort of a gross squalor... which I suppose is what it was going for.

Anyways, it was nice to look at and Dafoe was fun to watch. And I learned to never kill a seabird or spill yer beans.

"The story is so simple."

I don't think we watched the same movie.

I watched this last week, and I'm still thinking about it. Super impressive production. A week or two before watching it I was checking for lighthouses that you could rent a room. I love my solitude. This certainly hasn't changed my mind about staying in one, it's increased my desire.

I also was a huge fan of The Witch, and raved about it to anyone that would listen. I'm a dork, I make no apologizes.

Watched this last night. Loved the production values, and the acting ability was unquestionable. But on a whole, the movie's story and climax just didn't strike a chord with me in the way it seemed to have with others, judging by some of the amazing reviews I read.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"