The Lighthouse

Discussion in 'Misc. Films' started by nite-owl, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Kane52630 XO USER

2. Zantera Registered

Saw this yesterday and wow what a movie. I would say movie of the year but there's a few other movies I haven't gotten a chance to see yet (like Parasite for example) but I know Lighthouse will be up there.

KaijuDude1992 likes this.
  3. KaijuDude1992 Registered

Wow now that was an experience. This is officially my favorite movie of 2019 and the performances from Dafoe and Pattinson are truly amazing. I found it really engaging from beginning to end and its definitely a horror film at its core. I pretty much loved everything about it from the music, to the cinematography and the direction. It's such a bizarre film too and I can understand why it won't be for everybody, but damn were those last couple of scenes haunting. I think the final shot alone will stick with me for a while and I absolutely cannot wait to see what Pattinson brings to the table as Batman/Bruce Wayne. I get the feeling he's going to kill it.

10/10

PrehistoricDog likes this.
  4. OutOfBoose Russian Hacker

Absolutely masterful. Eggers is officially my favorite new director.

Thank god for subtitles too.

C Prometheus and KaijuDude1992 like this.
  5. Kane52630 XO USER

6. Gothamsknight Registered

This movie was a masterpiece in every sense of the word. Robert Eggers is a force to be reckoned with and easily one of the greatest directors of the past few decades,

KaijuDude1992 and C Prometheus like this.
  7. Silvermoth Avenger

Yes! It’s finally coming to my local theatre towards the end of the month. Can’t wait!!

8. C Prometheus Registered

Preaching to the choir here, but this film was nothing short of a masterpiece. One of the finest films I've ever seen and easily one of the best in the whole decade. Dafoe and Pattinson were both magnetic in this film.

9. Lasirius Tarifa

I've so far been to three different Best Buy stores and they don't have them for purchase. Saw two of them at Target but the cases were damaged.

Anyone having trouble finding the physical blu-ray? I'm hesitant about purchasing it online since I've gotten damaged cases before.

10. -VisionsVision- SONIC HAS ARRIVED

Finally saw the movie. It came out today in Australia and I have so many questions.

I'm not sure if I love the movie or hate it. The acting is phenomenal.

Enjoyable cinematic experience.

KaijuDude1992 likes this.
  11. Silvermoth Avenger

I saw it. It was a bit overrated but quite interesting. Pattinson kept dropping his accent. If people thought this would confirm him as Batman I’m not convinced. Still I loved the costumes and the setting was spectacular

Deck Rickard and KaijuDude1992 like this.