The Dark Knight The man who laughs: The Joker thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still, like i said, it would have to be pretty extreme.

ANYWAY totally off topic for a bit there. Either way I am satisfied with makeup. :p

But also, am I the only one around who really really hopes that Joker is deadly with those knives? I feel slightly sadistic, I want Batman to get shanked so bad.... hahahah

Definitely not. I want the Joker to get down and dirty with those bad boys. Another poster mentioned the missed opportunity in the trailer, when they are laying out his knives, in having a pizza cutter amongst his possessions. That would've been freakin' hilarious, but probably not quite right for Nolan's take!!

Having the Joker have vitiligo wouldn't be a good idea. That way you're basically giving him a reason to paint his face. "He puts that white makeup on b/c he has this disease." Shouldn't he put the white-makeup on b/c he's a psychotic killer who has a taste for the theatrics? Sorry but that's a rather poor idea.

i definitely think Joker is going to be deadly with the knives- if you watched the prologue, when he shoots the bus driver it shows that he has absolutely no regard for life. i could easily see him carving up someone with no emotion whatsoever.

Having the Joker have vitiligo wouldn't be a good idea. That way you're basically giving him a reason to paint his face. "He puts that white makeup on b/c he has this disease." Shouldn't he put the white-makeup on b/c he's a psychotic killer who has a taste for the theatrics? Sorry but that's a rather poor idea.
but if he has vitligo he doesnt apply make up to look normal. he doesnt apply the skin color make up. but he uses the white paint.

so if he would have this disase he would use it as a way to complete hes white face.

They seem to have the mean streak down.

We'll have to wait and see, but I agree that the occasional silliness is necessary for the character.

Like a scene where the Joker goes to stab batman and the blade bends on his armor. Joker looks astonished and realizes he pulled out the rubber knife by mistake. Much like the scene in KJ where he pulls out the prop gun by mistake.

Scenes like that always work with Joker, where his own essentrics foul him up,and I hope that doesnt get lost in TDK. Im loving what I seeing, but I hope Nolan remembers little touches like that.

BTW, my fav moment of the trailer is prob the rocket launcher scene as well. Ledger nails it. Everything from his facial expressions, body language to his reaction. Its great.

We have to remember that while Joker is a killer, he's also a tad crazy, and does things haphazardly...it doesn't always work out.

I beat you by three minutes. Edit your post, or I'm telling Hunter. :(

6l2x0zr.gif

My girlfriend actually brought up a pretty good question yesterday while I was showing her the prologue..the bank robbery was going on and she leaned over and goes "so, why is the Joker such a bad guy?" She's used to the tragic stories that Joel Schumacher put over with characters like Freeze, Poison Ivy and Riddler but I was surprised that I really couldn't answer her.

We know the Joker is a mass murdering, cold blooded clown...but what is this Joker's motive? Certainly it's not a goal from the likes we've seen from the comics or the animated series...but I wonder what the Joker's ultimate goal is besides just plain anarachy. You don't really get that from stealing money from a bank...

or do you? *ponders*

Yeah that line from scream: "Did they ever find out why hannibal lectar liked to eat people...lot scarier when there's no motive.." (Something like that)

The Joker is just crazy - he usually has a reason for why he is robbing a bank or whatever. But the killing side of him - he just doesn't care, he is sick, twisted and evil.

He knows that him robbing that mob-financed bank will piss off Gotham's underworld. And they'll start going nuts and attacking everyone and everything in order to find out who...he just wants to be the catalyst for everything that goes wrong. If Gotham City is running smooth and people are secure, he got a problem with that.

My girlfriend actually brought up a pretty good question yesterday while I was showing her the prologue..the bank robbery was going on and she leaned over and goes "so, why is the Joker such a bad guy?" She's used to the tragic stories that Joel Schumacher put over with characters like Freeze, Poison Ivy and Riddler but I was surprised that I really couldn't answer her.

We know the Joker is a mass murdering, cold blooded clown...but what is this Joker's motive? Certainly it's not a goal from the likes we've seen from the comics or the animated series...but I wonder what the Joker's ultimate goal is besides just plain anarachy. You don't really get that from stealing money from a bank...

or do you? *ponders*

Well, that's REALLY an easy one. Joker has lots of fun with all the mess he's able to start. Some people like apple-pie, others, killing.

Also, he wants to be punished, but the punisher must first enjoy a little game and proves himself worth the task. When he meets Bats, it's a relationship of true love.

I like the idea of the impulsive evil Joker much better, thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"