• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Homecoming The Mary-Jane Casting Poll - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant more of being a kick ass character to being a damsel.

Honestly I'd be surprised if Moretz took on a role like MJ in a Superhero film, even if it is well written.

Last edited:
anna name is a good one and really she doesnt look to bad and i would say 22 isnt really that bad. Heck for all we know they could say mj, gwen, etc.... could be a yr old or what not then peter. But as for her being 22 i wouldnt automatically take her off the list. So she realistically be 6 to 7 yrs older then character she is playing. Compared to tom being 5 yrs older then his character. Its not like she is 30 playing 15. If she is someone marvel and sony looking at being 22 i would say be on the top of the cup of age cut. As yes they likely be looking at 17 to 20. But that doesnt really rule out a few slightly older folks may get looked at. Would they pick slightly older who really knows.

Also if they didnt take her for gwen/mj/sally/liz right now. Maybe she could be brought in a later film as felica/black cat. She would be a solid pick for that role i say. So i would hope her name is floated around marvel/sony for a role.

I do cant wait to see what folks end up testing or getting offered the leading/supporting midtown players and i do hope we get them all to flesh out and expand more with the supporting players in the spidey world.

Honestly I'd be surprised if Moretz took on a role like MJ in a Superhero film, even if it is well written.

Moretz won't even get offered the role, not unless she has a really deep & truly riveting performance before they get heavy into working on this & it's a box office smash.

I like her & I'm a fan but she's not MJ material. Having seen at least 70% of her filmography, I just don't see her syncing up with who the character is meant to be. Add that to the fact that for the last 3 years or so her box office results (save for maybe one film) have been less than stellar & barely even mediocre.

Moretz won't even get offered the role, not unless she has a really deep & truly riveting performance before they get heavy into working on this & it's a box office smash.

I like her & I'm a fan but she's not MJ material. Having seen at least 70% of her filmography, I just don't see her syncing up with who the character is meant to be. Add that to the fact that for the last 3 years or so her box office results (save for maybe one film) have been less than stellar & barely even mediocre.
Marvel won't be rounding up actresses based on who had the biggest box-office hits. If that were the case, Tom (or any of the actors on the shortlist for that matter) wouldn't have gotten anywhere near close to the role.

That's not really my point. My point is that while that's not a primary factory, they're certainly not going to want someone who's last movies have, for the most part, been unimpressive flops. Aside from the numbers, the films themselves aren't anything great.

These things are all taken into account.

Ya and moretz is still a draw and in age range marvel will be looking for toles. Be it mj, gwen, etc..... others.

Moretz isn't a bad actress in the least, she's very, very talented.

And here's my point... if Ben Affleck can be Batman, after everything - acting-wise and film-wise - then Adam Sandler can be Uncle Ben!!!!!!!!

Let Me In she gave an absolutely fantastic performance.

Oh, I agree with that. I just named off films that were closer to her acting range as of late. Let Me In was 2010, if I remember correctly. Still, great film and great performances by both her and Kodi.

And as far as I know, MJ will be very prominent and important so I just don't see why Chloe couldn't do something like that. The only real issue with her is that it'd be looked at as safe, so who knows?

Heck we don't know if she be looked at. I am sure her name be talked about with sony and marvel. As she is a name likely to be looked at. But isn't her mermaid film also due to film during the summer. So maybe she couldn't do it due to timing. But I am not sure at that at the moment.

Heck we don't know if she be looked at. I am sure her name be talked about with sony and marvel. As she is a name likely to be looked at. But isn't her mermaid film also due to film during the summer. So maybe she couldn't do it due to timing. But I am not sure at that at the moment.

Crap, forgot about that.

Ya so she could not be free even if she was offered or tested for a role. Personally I wouldn't mind her in any of the midtown gang roles.

And here's my point... if Ben Affleck can be Batman, after everything - acting-wise and film-wise - then Adam Sandler can be Uncle Ben!!!!!!!!

At his very, very worst...he at least looks like a pitch perfect Batman who's stepped out of the pages.

Moretz bears no resemblance at all to the character. :huh:

At his very, very worst...he at least looks like a pitch perfect Batman who's stepped out of the pages.

Moretz bears no resemblance at all to the character. :huh:

Just like you could argue Tom doesn't really resemble any incarnation to Peter Parker, unless you try really hard (like that one Ultimate-esque photo with his hairstyle, or the one on the quinjet where he only resembled Peter if you photoshopped glasses on him).

The whole "looks just like the character" pro-and-con is beyond annoying at times.

Just like you could argue Tom doesn't really resemble any incarnation to Peter Parker, unless you try really hard (like that one Ultimate-esque photo with his hairstyle, or the one on the quinjet where he only resembled Peter if you photoshopped glasses on him).
Whatever he has lacked in physical resemblance (which isn't much), he more than makes up for with his acting prowess.

As has been pointed out before, Chloe has been disappointingly subpar in her teen years. So with a sketchy recent filmography along with no benefit on the superficial side, this is close to a no-win at first glance.

Is she some sort of dream casting from a few years ago? I'm not grasping how she could be anyone's top choice today, given the resources to actually find an up-and-comer who can both look and act like MJ from the pages we've all read.

Makeup and clothes can totally change a person. Let along how actor plays role and what they are doing for said characters.

Heck for all we know of chloe was offered a role or tested. Maybe it wouldn't even be mj. She could be gwen or liz or sally for all you kbow. I doubt we are just going to have just mj and harry and no others this time.

I am with Jekecy, I too don't see the upside to Sony/Marvel getting Moretz if she did want the role. She won't help the box office, she will cost more than a little known actress and she isn't perfect for the role.

What if she wasn't mj and someone else. It's not like all the others for midtown guys be total unknown actors or someone like tom and done a few films. They could end up with someone with a little more name to them. Just like we will see for villains and bugle staff.

Sorry if i sound kinda uninformed but, has Chloe Grace Moretz been cast for the SM17 movie?

No folks was just bringing her name as someone to talk about. But like I pointed out even if she did want a role for film. She likely wouldn't be able to do it. As her mermaid film is shooting I believe around same time.

No, it doesn't work like that nor will it ever. As stated, Affleck looks like Bruce Wayne/Batman stepped off the panels into real life. Add that to him winning an Oscar off of an extremely successfully (both financially & critically) movie.

Yes, she has talent, but she's not going to be Mary Jane and I highly doubt if she'd ever even be in the running. This role is not for her.

Again we have no clue direction, take, look marvel and sony is going for gwen, mj, sally, liz, debra, felicia or any other female leads and supporting/bit players yet.

Just cause some folks can't see x person as x role. Doesn't mean they couldnt play x role well and what not.

No, we don't know 100% what Marvel plans to do but based on previous casting decisions & other factors, some people can be pretty obviously excluded when it comes to certain roles. CGM being Mary Jane is one such case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"