The Metallica appreciation thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So did anyone catch the hall of fame performance With Newsted, Rob, Hetfield, & Lars? Pretty cool seeing Newsted playing with them again. If for only one time.

So did anyone catch the hall of fame performance With Newsted, Rob, Hetfield, & Lars? Pretty cool seeing Newsted playing with them again. If for only one time.

No. I don't have fuse. Is it online?

yeah i saw that, even though RHCP is one of my fave bands at first i didn't like the idea of Flea inducting them, but after watching it i dug it.

I am very angry that Metallica is not stopping through Pittsburgh on their tour. Home of the Super Bowl and Stanley Cup champions and we can't even get Metallica to come play in our city.

*shakes fist in the air*

Having being a fan since S&M came out, I must say in my own option that S&M was their best album in the 90s. Nothing like hearing Outlaw Torn or Bleeding Me at full blast during those performances. And for me it was the last time they sounded they were in tune since St. Anger and Death Magnetic sound like its more lower. Still though I love the band.

I listen to S&M almost every day. For Whom The Bell Tolls sounds so amazing with all those instruments.

S&M is ****ing sick, but there's nothing like the originals. My friend wants to start a cover band with me, and said his dream is to perform No Leaf Clover live.

Btw, Death Magnetic is primarily played in standard E tuning. The only songs that isn't is All Nightmare Long (played in Drop D). The reason it sounds so low is because Rob Trujillo's basslines follow the guitars even less than Cliff's did, and he sticks to the lower end a lot.

*downs a bottle of Jager* WOOOO!!! YEAH METALLICA!!!*staggers out of thread*

I think Death Magnetic, even with it's flaws is f****** awesome. Honestly, That Was just Your Life and All Nightmare Long are some of the best they've ever written.

Having being a fan since S&M came out, I must say in my own option that S&M was their best album in the 90s. Nothing like hearing Outlaw Torn or Bleeding Me at full blast during those performances. And for me it was the last time they sounded they were in tune since St. Anger and Death Magnetic sound like its more lower. Still though I love the band.

I was listening to S&M today, Thingy, Outlaw and Bleed are brilliant.

My friend wants to start a cover band with me, and said his dream is to perform No Leaf Clover live.

Doooo it.:woot: What do you play?

Btw, Death Magnetic is primarily played in standard E tuning.

and just to clarify for people who might not know, that's the tuning primarily used on the first 5 albums.

I think Death Magnetic, even with it's flaws is f****** awesome. Honestly, That Was just Your Life and All Nightmare Long are some of the best they've ever written.
Didn't you like The Day That Never Comes. I mean, it truly is a really good song. Not their best, but still awesome.

Didn't you like The Day That Never Comes. I mean, it truly is a really good song. Not their best, but still awesome.

No no, I love that song, it has what is possibly my favorite Metallica guitar harmony (from 05:19 on), but for their overall catalog Life and Nightmare hold better ground for me.
DM is in the top 3 'Tallica records for me.

Broken, Beaten, & Scarred FTW

You'll like this (if you haven't already seen it), from the DVD shoot during the week:
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX_hLRnliNI[/YT]
WE DIE HARD!

Sound check from the same day:
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfCVt8zY9_4&feature=related[/YT]

My favorite Metallica song will probably have to be #1, IMO, but I'm still not sure about that. Ride The Lightning kicks SOOOO much ass.

No no, I love that song, it has what is possibly my favorite Metallica guitar harmony (from 05:19 on), but for their overall catalog Life and Nightmare hold better ground for me.
DM is in the top 3 'Tallica records for me.

You'll like this (if you haven't already seen it), from the DVD shoot during the week:
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX_hLRnliNI[/YT]
WE DIE HARD!

Sound check from the same day:
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfCVt8zY9_4&feature=related[/YT]

Vids not workin :(

I'm still just furious that Metallica is not coming through Pittsburgh on their US tour. I hate having to travel hundreds and hundreds of miles to Cleveland or Cincinatti. Those towns really suck...no offense to anyone who lives in those cities. :o

Broken, Beaten, & Scarred FTW

The bassline makes me **** my pants... Especially at the beginning when the music really picks up (right after the intro, Rob does a climbing/descending kind of thing), at about 21 seconds in:

Oh yeah, and if anyone's ever doubted Rob Trujillo, listen to this ****... You don't get much more badass than this:

What the hell is #1?
Woop! That came out completely wrong. I meant my favorite Metallica song that would have to be #1 on my list would have to be Enter Snadman. Still not 100% sure on that though.

Enter Sandman is garbage compared to the songs on the four albums before it, I can barely even listen through "Metallica" anymore.

Eh, I like Enter Sandman, but my #1 favorites are tied between For Whom The Bell Tolls and Orion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"