The Metallica appreciation thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
SsM said it. :up:

My Friend of Misery's signature bass riff is actually the first bass riff I ever learned. Easy as ****.

And, the reason I said Master of Puppets should be their claim to fame is because exactly what you said: that album's songs rock concerts harder than any other complete album in the history of metal. There is not a single more proficient and complete album more than Master of Puppets, and it's a shame that Metallica had to step a little out of their own shoes just to get famous. There's not a single weak song on that album, and even the least popular (comparatively, The Thing That Should Not Be) is heaver and will get a crowd going more than any song most metal bands and just about every new rock/metal band will ever put out.

I already know that. :whatever::oldrazz:

I was driving home from the gym today and All Nightmare Long came on. But as soon as the song started, Spiders by S.O.A.D. started too. Metallica lost that battle :(

I like SOAD and everything.. but If a Metallica song is on... Metallica will always win, unless the song is from "Metallica" or "ReLoad"

I have all of the Metallica albums and live albums and dvd shows. Same goes for SOAD except without the dvds, I rarely listen to the radio, I just plug in my iPod.

I hate regular FM, but Sirius has introduced me to a ton of bands/artists I would never have known about; particularly in rock and trance

I hate music radio on FM... But I freakin' love talk shows. 106.7 WJFK freakin' rules... The Junkies, Big O & Dukes, and the Mike O'Meara Show are all great. I'm never bored in my car.

I listen to Walton and Johnson in the morning.

Funny, I spoke too soon. I found out just now WJFK is completely changing up their daytime shows.

****ing lame.

Off to the gig tomorrow morning. Can't wait!

Metallica got me into music. The first album I got was Ride The Lightning. Probably my favorite Metallica CD as well. I have all their cd's until Load. I never got any of them after the Black Album. I've been meaning to get their new one. I actually like one of the newer songs I've heard on the radio. I think it's called All Nightmare Long. The intro was the best part to me, though.

My favorite song is probably For Whom The Bell Tolls. :D

The gig on Saturday was friggin brilliant, my third time seeing them and it was the best yet.

I missed the first two support acts (Glyder and Mastodon) and got in a while before Alive in Chains came on, who I enjoyed quite a bit, I'll have to check out their stuff.
Avenged Sevenfold were after, they put on a good show, singer has an incredible voice. They got a kid out of the audience to sing a bit of "Walk" by Pantera. Someone gave the singer an Irish soccer jersey with his name ("Shadows") on it, he actually wore it for the rest of the set which was cool.

Then came Metallica.:twisted:

Setlist:
Blackened
Creeping Death
Whiskey In The Jar
Harvester Of Sorrow
Turn The Page
Broken, Beat And Scarred
Cyanide
Sad But True
One
All Nightmare Long
The Day That Never Comes
Master Of Puppets
Fight Fire With Fire
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman
- - - - - - - -
Killing Time (w/ Ray Haller on vocals)
Motorbreath
Seek and Destroy

I saw them open with Blackened in '04 so I was hoping for Life from Death Magnetic, didn't happen but even so, Blackened into Creep was great.

Whiskey is mandatory here, but at this stage I wouldn't mind if they didn't play it. There's usually a bunch of idiots who chant "WHISKEY! WHISKEY!" throughout the gig, so it was cool they got it out early.

I've been wanting to hear Harvester for ages, BBS and Nightmare are heavy live and Fight Fire was awesome, those four were highlights for me.
Turn the Page and Killing Time were great surprises too, even if I'd have preferred they kept the covers to a minimum.

Finishing off with Motor and Seek was great, Hetfield was guitarless the first half of Seek because he went down to the crowd to sing with them, very cool.

The crowd was great, much better than last year, and the band was in great spirits and sounded great. Hetfield's voice is in great shape. Fantastic day. I'm already looking forward to the next one, whenever that is.

Damn, that's a freakin' killer set list. They did Broken, Beaten and Scarred. That's awesome! That's my favorite song from Death Magnetic. I really wish they would come to Pittsburgh. :csad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"