The New Improved Official Stupid Question Thread Marvel Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got no problem with it being canon. I'm just saying, it's not necessarily the future of the mainstream Marvel universe. One of those, "similar in all things, BUT..." types of deals like Sliders had all the time.

Originally posted by Bat-Mantis
Mr. X's post brings up a good point:
If you don't know the RIGHT answer, keep your damn mouth shut.

Wait, was that directed towards me or something? I'm confused. :confused:

Originally posted by CantThinkOfAName
he must be the lame elder in the group.:(

oh wait, the Contemplator?:confused::(

Heh, they're all pretty powerful in their own right. They all plotted together to kill Galactus and damn near suceeded. Champion, Obliterator, and The Runner are probably the mosy powerful of the group, even though the SS had beaten the first two of then. The Runner kicked his ass though.

Originally posted by CantThinkOfAName
Well, its not cannon in the main Marvel universe. Its not the actual future.

I mean its canon as in it actually happened like AOA

Originally posted by Guyverjay
I mean its canon as in it actually happened like AOA
AoA's in the past, so it did happen. 2099's in the future so who knows? Although, the fact that 2099's past resembles the mainstream Marvel present so perfectly and that mainstream characters have met 2099 ones probably means that it's pretty much guaranteed to happen.

Anyway, I have a stupid question. After the Vision was dismantled and rebuilt, he was programmed with the brain patterns of some scientist's son. Why, then, did Vision refer to Wonder Man as his "brother" and claim that they share brain patterns during Busiek's run much later?

Originally posted by TheCorpulent1
AoA's in the past, so it did happen. 2099's in the future so who knows? Although, the fact that 2099's past resembles the mainstream Marvel present so perfectly and that mainstream characters have met 2099 ones probably means that it's pretty much guaranteed to happen.

what about days of future past? that was a possible/alternate future that wqas shown to affect the past, therefore any possible future can be considered canon

Yeah, I agreed that if anyone from the current mainstream Marvel U has met an alternate/possible future person, that alternate/possible future is pretty much canon. It's just a bit dodgier than alternate presents or pasts, since no future has technically happened yet.

Anyway, any answers to my Vision question?

um, cause every avenger's writer except busiek sucks and doesn't know what they're doing

Anyway, I have a stupid question. After the Vision was dismantled and rebuilt, he was programmed with the brain patterns of some scientist's son. Why, then, did Vision refer to Wonder Man as his "brother" and claim that they share brain patterns during Busiek's run much later?

Well, he's had Wonder Man's brain patterns on-off for a long time. They probably got replaced.

We all know Spider-Man can stick to walls and stuff but how can he do it if he has gloves on?

unstable molecules?

god, I haven't heard anyone talk about THEM in awhile. feels really stupid saying it now. if the molecules were unstable, wouldn't they, like, blow up, or at least, I don't know, disintingrate?

Damn it, nobody knows about Vision's brainwaves?? What kind of comic fans are you people? :mad:

well, the name of the thread is the stupid questions thread, so I'm not taking any of this stuff seriously, and if I don't know something off the top of my head, I'm not gonna try very hard to look for it

Damn it, nobody knows about Vision's brainwaves?? What kind of comic fans are you people? :mad:

I tried. :mad:

Here are some ranodm questions:

Why is the Hulk sometimes grey?

Why is Magneto alive again, I thought Wolverine killed him in the Planet X arc?

Is the Silver Surfer or Thanos comic any good?

Is Collosus in the regular X-men comics (so not Ultimate) dead?

Originally posted by Dodgey Browne

Why is the Hulk sometimes grey?

Is the Silver Surfer or Thanos comic any good?

The Hulk was originally intended to be gray, but green was a cheaper color to print, which is the reason he was changed WAY back when (the first volume's second issue). Since then, he's had several transformations.

Magneto's alive because marvel wanted him back. That may sound sarcastic, but Claremont has given us no explanation for how he's alive in Excalibur. The man who was Xorn was supposedly an imposter.

Haven't read either book, sorry.

Colossus is dead as a doornail, and if he's brought back, it will be the real tradgedy.

TheCorpulent1, The Vision has a VERY messed up history. It's pretty covoluted. The BEST answer I can throw at you, is the same reason Tony Stark isn't young again, The Wasp is no longer mutated and Hawkeye has perfect hearing again. When Franklin Richards brought the heroes back to the 616 MU, he reconstructed their bodies as he remembered them, hence the Vision's memories. That's the best I can surmise.

Originally posted by Elijya
well, the name of the thread is the stupid questions thread, so I'm not taking any of this stuff seriously, and if I don't know something off the top of my head, I'm not gonna try very hard to look for it
Yeah, I figured as much. I answered it myself here, though. Thanks for nothing. :mad: ;)
Originally posted by Marcdachamp
TheCorpulent1, The Vision has a VERY messed up history. It's pretty covoluted. The BEST answer I can throw at you, is the same reason Tony Stark isn't young again, The Wasp is no longer mutated and Hawkeye has perfect hearing again. When Franklin Richards brought the heroes back to the 616 MU, he reconstructed their bodies as he remembered them, hence the Vision's memories. That's the best I can surmise.
Thanks for trying, at least. Turns out the Vision is more "human" than he thought, and when the government wiped his personality, they couldn't erase it completely. After he was brought back, he went around for a while without any brain patterns, but that proved harmful to his system since he was designed to work with human brain patterns. The recently-deceased scientist Alex Lipton was used to give Vision a new set of brain patterns, but eventually he confronted an evil version of himself (one of Proctor's Gatherers) and confronting his dark side shook his old personality loose. Over time, his old personality began to reassert itself. I have the issue it starts in, actually; he (ironically) punches through a wall because he's so frustrated at not having access to the emotions his memories are tied to. From there, he becomes more and more like his old self, culminating with the re-emergence of his feelings of jealousy towards Wonder Man in the Busiek/Perez Avengers run.

His coating would begin to at high enough temps. He's been seen to bleed a silvery substance before...

Originally posted by Marcdachamp
The Hulk was originally intended to be gray, but green was a cheaper color to print, which is the reason he was changed WAY back when (the first volume's second issue). Since then, he's had several transformations.

Not true. They wanted to make him grey, but it was a pain in the ass during the printing process and everything or whatever. Green was much easier, so it was used.

The regular Grey Hulk is a different part of Banners psyche, kind of like a care about no one teenager.

Originally posted by Dodgey Browne

Magneto is alive (again), apparently the one that got killed was an imposter. Xavier mentions that the imposter said his secondary mutation was to come back from the dead.

Colossus is dead. He sacrificed himself to propagate the cure to the Legacy Virus. As for him "bleeding a silvery substance", I've never seen it. I do remeber from the "Mutant Massacre" crossover that he was severely injured and he collapsed. When they were going to heal him (still in metal form) Magneto showed the X-Men where Peter had been injured and it was shown as if he was leaking energy through those wounds. I'll have to look for it, I think they even mention that he can't bleed in metal form.

I know Mimic usually tends to armor up when he's been hurt in Exiles in order to stop the bleeding and allow his healing factor to heal him quicker.

oh just what i needed cus i am far to lazy to look it up myself..

why is the regular marvel universe refered to as 616?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"