The New Improved Official Stupid Question Thread Marvel Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks so much, and since I'm not the wisest person when it comes to Thor, I still have one more question: Thor and Blake are one in the same, and he can turn into the other, right?

Yes, thats what I like about the new Thor title it simplified the relationship between Blake and Thor. Im still confused as to what it was originally. But now its more of like a hulk situation. Two different personalities inhabiting the same body. But unlike the hulk the personalities work together instead of fighting for control.

Why does Thor need an alter ego? I never thought he was about hiding his identity like Iron Man was

Yes. They are actually the only official X-men squad outside of the Astonishing cast

So all the mutants that are featured in Uncanny are considered auxiliary? or like an once an x-man always an x-man type of deal. Im just saying there are so many characters in the book, why isn't the team larger?

Why does Thor need an alter ego? I never thought he was about hiding his identity like Iron Man was

Well originally Thor had his mind erased and lived his life as Donald Blake without ever knowing he was actually Thor. Upon discovering Mjolnir he discovered he could transform between the two. For a while the Donald Blake personality was wiped away. In the new Thor series, Thor is sent to the dimension where DB has been staying and the two decide to join together again.

So all the mutants that are featured in Uncanny are considered auxiliary? or like an once an x-man always an x-man type of deal. Im just saying there are so many characters in the book, why isn't the team larger?
No all X-men that are featured in Uncanny are actual X-men. There is no longer any strict barrier to seperate them. Any writer is free to use any of those mutants on a team of X-men and we see different combinations show up in other titles such as minis, one shots, appearances, etc.... There are only 2 official squads, New Mutants and Astonishing. There's X-force as well but they are unnofficial and missions kept secret. Think of things back in the X-men Blue/Gold days. Different teams but all X-men

I used to love the Blue/gold/white days,...
(White being when they needed EVERYBODY for something.)

The writers and editors all seem to be against the Blue/Gold format for the X-Men. I guess they all got tired of certain writers calling dibs on certain characters, so now Uncanny features any character, and X-Men Legacy stars Rogue + Whomever they want in that issue.

This whole thing about Hydra running SHIELD for so long that was reveal in, I think, Secret Warrior, what is the story with that? I mean has SHIELD just secretly been part of them all along or did they slowly take over or what?

This whole thing about Hydra running SHIELD for so long that was reveal in, I think, Secret Warrior, what is the story with that? I mean has SHIELD just secretly been part of them all along or did they slowly take over or what?

Apparently Hydra had control of SHIELD since the beginning. A lot of people dont like the decision but I kind of do, it somewhat explains why SHIELD was never fully able to take down Hydra completely.

New Kid on the block, but have enjoyed reading this site from afar ...

My Silly Question/s:

As both Zeus and Thor share a decedent in Gaea; are they technically related. I don't know if this kind of Genealogy applies to Gods.

Also I've heard that the different pantheons of Marvel Earth referred to as Extra Dimensional beings, does that mean that there powers work in analogous sense to the 5dimensional Imps of the D.C. universe ? I.e. when we see Thor throw lightning bolts, we are actually interpreting a higher form of physics that our 3D minds interpret as thunder and lightning, in the same way a hologram 2D looks 3D? .... just a thought experiment i've had before

Are the Sentry's powers psionic in nature like Brynes Supermans used to be, or are they more like traditional Superman/Apollofrom Authority; where he uses the power of a million exploding suns to energise his body to Super levels? If So how does absorb the power from a million exploding suns ?

During Capatin Britains most recent runs, it was stated by Mephisto that he and Merlyn where related, can this be verified ?
:yay:

The Hulk was intelligent in the Planet Hulk / WWH books. How did he become intelligent and why was he stupid again afterwards? How did he manage to stay as the Hulk whilst calm?

Oh, he was NEVER calm during WWH. That's the angriest he's ever been, and most powerful.

He had some calm moments during Planet Hulk, but I just assumed Bruce Banner could maintain a Hulk form while calm if he wanted to (or rather, the Hulk won't change back into Banner if Bruce's personality isn't fighting it).

What makes you think he was calm at any point during that story? :)

There are many different Hulk personalities. You got the over grown four year old, the pissed off, savage Hulk, Grey Hulk who is about as intelligent as Green Scar was but weaker. Professor who had Banner's brain. Etc, etc. At any rate, this marginally intelligent Hulk was in charge at the time of Hulk getting blasted into space. The reason why he stayed Hulk for so long was one, He was really, really pissed. And the gravity on that planet was far too intense for Banner to survive on for too long so it's entirely possible that his healing factor purposely kept to Hulk form.

Right, so there's no set 'Hulk' upon transformation? there can be any kind with any degree of intelligence?

Professor Hulk is my fave. In fact, him and Fixit are the only ones I like really.

I don't really care for the Hulk in general, but that's mainly because i'm a bitter Thor fan.

I also dont care for Hulk. I really dont see the appeal in him

He's a little dude that when he gets angry he turns into a big dude that breaks the faces of bad guys (mostly bad guys, anyway). I'm not a huge fanatic of the Hulk myself, but I can see where a lot of people would see the appeal to that concept.

I can see the appeal for like the first 5 minutes, but the concept of the Hulk gets old pretty quickly. The regular Green Hulk is kind of one-note and boring. At least the Gray and Professor Hulks have personality, but they're rarely ever used.

That's why I like She-Hulk more than Hulk. If she just flipped out and smashed stuff, I wouldn't give a crap.

Wow no Hulk love in here kinda makes me feel sad.

But its understandable we all have our favorites.

I like the idea of a seemingly normal looking man a quiet wandering loner. Who when he gets engraged becomes a Incredible threat to the world. Or a hero.

He doesn't like who he is. His other half hates him as well. He is his own worst enemy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"