The New Improved Official Stupid Question Thread Marvel Edition

Discussion in 'Marvel Comics' started by Darthphere, Jul 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

Well, to you and me maybe, but I think on average it's something that as a longer lasting appeal. I mean look at that old Hulk show from the 60s/70s. That's all that show was, and it lasted like 5-6 seasons. Guy being beat-up/bullied/pushed around/screwed over and then transforming into a hulking beast to crush the people who are messing with him is something I think resonates with people more than they want to admit. Especially younger people, though a lot of older people, too

#11526 Tron Bonne, Oct 18, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  2. Bruce Banner Registered

It does

3. Vort DarthVort

As a giant hulk nut I'll agree with Teardrop.

There have been very deep stories with Banner where the Hulk destorys the life he wants, but the Hulk is just a different version of him and kinda shows the level of destruction banner would himself would cause in his life/relationships/etc.,

There is something appealing about Banner's innerselves and how they manifest through the stories.

Plus, it really helps that when he gets into a big fight the level of destruction to everything around him is fun to watch. I mean when it's Hulk vs Thing/Abomination/Ufoes/whatever it's very fun to read in my opinion.

4. Ace of Knaves Registered

I'm not taking anything away from Hulk. He CAN be a great character.

But see, most of the time these days he's just used as a plot device, and that annoys me. Well what I've seen of him he has been.

Granted I haven't been reading him recently.

5. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

Whats Rachel and Nathans relationship like. Are they the only Summers family members that don't have issues with one another?

6. Mr Jammm Registered

My Questions again ...

7. Mr Jammm Registered

Also what is the Nova Force and how does it work ?

8. Anubis Sup?

Okay.

Question 1: Thor and Zeus possibly being related? Never came up.

Question 2: No.

Question 3:
    Question 4: Not yet.

Question 5:

#11533 Anubis, Oct 19, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2009
  9. JewishHobbit Registered

10. JewishHobbit Registered

Their relationship is fairly non-existent to be honest. Prior to her being taken into the future back in he 90's they hadn't even realized they were related. They had a nice scene as children in the Adventure of Cyclops and Phoenix, but I'm pretty sure neither rememeber it.

Their most dominant time was when Cable went to he ends of time and rescued her, bringing her back to modern day times. That was a pretty good brother/sister moment but after that they've not really overlapped that I can think of.

It's sad really. People complain about the extent of the Summers Family but I love it. Unfortunately very little is ever done with it. I wish they'd come up with a big Summers storyline at some point. I've always liked the Scott/Alex dynamic. Add in Nathan and Rachel. And now that X-Man is back, that's a 3rd child. By extention there's Emma and probably soon Jean. And I'm sure Vulcan's not dead so there's that.

Throw in Sinister and actually do something with his interest in the Summers family and I'm sure something good could come from it.

11. Havok83 Registered

Claremont was planning something big for the X-men had he stayed when he returned for Revolution. I read that most of the X-men would have been evicted from the mansion with Stryfe secretly taking control of things and it would have been renamed the Summers School of Mutants. Stryfe's team would have consisted of Cyclops, Jean, Rachel, Cable, Havok, and possibly X-Man. They would be the main team appearing in Uncanny and the fugitive team would be seen in X-men searching for Destiny's diaries. Claremont however got booted but took the latter concept and launched it as X-treme X-men

12. JewishHobbit Registered

Honestly, despite people's complaints, I found most of Cleremont's recent X-Men stuff fairly interesting. I actually liked Revolution, the Neo, etc. And I thought X-Treme X-Men was good (with the exception of an arc or two). And that storyline actually sounds pretty interesting.

I think Cleremont's main problem is that he needs to build up his stuff to make it good and people don't have the patience for that anymore.

13. Havok83 Registered

Claremont had some good ideas, but they were executed horribly. He might have been better with a co-writer. The Summers school actually sounds like it could have been interesting but I dont think it would have translated as well on paper if CC got around to doing it.

14. JewishHobbit Registered

That's possible. But I'd have liked to see that story played out anyhow.

15. Havok83 Registered

well he's getting a second chance to write some of his forgotten plots in X-men Forever and that series is horrible. The guy has lost his touch and simply isnt capable of writing a decent story anymore

16. JewishHobbit Registered

Yeah, I haven't bought those due to the $4 price tag, but they don't look like anything special. And it's just retelling storylines that's already old and cliche from what I can see.

He needs to drop his favorite X-Men and it might get better. Kitty, Storm, and Rogue are overdone... move on.

17. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Gaea is the mother of Thor and the grandmother of Zeus, so I guess Zeus would be Thor's half-nephew or something like that. I think he'd be Thor's quarter-nephew, but Zeus' parents were full siblings.

I don't think there's been any indication that the gods of Marvel are higher-dimensional beings like the imps of DC. They just live in different dimensions--Asgard is a separate dimension with its own landmasses and planets and such that is connected to Earth's dimension at various points. Same with Olympus. Additionally, it's been implied that the underworlds of all these other dimensions are themselves one dimension, but that starts to make things really complicated because it's all inconsistent.

18. javi1024 DANGER ZONE!

have they ever shown us Deadpool's face?

19. moraldeficiency Maxwell's Demon

Lots of times, it's pretty gross. Like one big scab.

20. Drakon I got a rock.

The actual look of it varies from artist to artist though.

21. Ace of Knaves Registered

By definition, his skin should be always shifting and bubbling due to the healing factor healing cells and the cancer killing cells. In a constant flux.

But yea most artists have different interpretations of it.

22. Drakon I got a rock.

I was gonna say that but I was lazy.

23. Ace of Knaves Registered

Tut tut tut Drak, laziness will kill ya! :D

24. Drakon I got a rock.

In my family, it's usually heart failure. Laziness? Not so much.

25. lixdexia Registered

...mayhaps the lazinees contributes to the heart failure???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.