The New Improved Official Stupid Question Thread Marvel Edition

Discussion in 'Marvel Comics' started by Darthphere, Jul 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. X Registered

Yeah. He used them in the past to operate on The Hulk.

2. Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

How does that work? I was under the impression that Wolverine's claws couldnt cut into Hulk's skin.

3. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

A writer decided Reed's instruments could, so they could. That's about the only way I can account for most inconsistencies these days.

4. Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

Tis' is true.

5. X Registered

It was The Banner-Less Post Onslaught Hulk, so he wasn't as tough. And Reed was constantly using these adamantium laced antibodies things to keep the wound from healing up/ It's in my Hulk world thread.

6. Supergirl The Maid of Might

I've got a stupid ?

Spidey uses his two middle fingers to trigger his webbing right. so when he makes a fist wouldn't it activate it too?

7. X Registered

I think that probably negates it. ;)

8. Elijya Registered

<sigh>

as has been said 2 MILLION TIMES!!!.....

the web shooters require a double tap, so making a fist doesn't activate them

9. Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

No need to make anyone feel stupid. Thats what the threads for. So peopel can ask stupid questions without being made fun of.

And by the way its 3 million times.:p

10. Jakesteraholic Registered

What is the deal with all the different Ant-Men?:( Pym, and then that Scott guy who died in Avengers just now, and then apparently there was someone else?:confused::( And do they all use Pym Particles? That's kinky:o

11. X Registered

Pym is the original Ant-Man. Then Scott Lang. Someone else? Do you mean Yellowjacket or something? That was Pym with a different personality. And there was an evil Wasp type chick as well. Pym Particles are just what's used to shrink and then grow again.

12. captainrogers Diluted SuperSoldier

Help me out here: I just got through reading my copies of the original 12 issue "Secret Wars" again. I just wanted to know whatever happened to The Molecule Man and Volcana?

13. X Registered

The Molecule Man eventually formed with another being, whose name escapes me at the moment, to make a complete cosmic cube. Before that he lived with Volcana for a while, and was involved in Secret Wars 2. He pretty much burnt his power out at the end going against the Beyonder, and this was without any mental blocks. He had an appearance in a Hulk comic as well, he was having problems with Volcana, and was looking for Samson for help. Not sure what Volcana's doing at the moment, probably in comic book limbo if anything.

14. captainrogers Diluted SuperSoldier

15. I. B. Abadman Registered

I remember this one:

Nope the webshooters are activated at a "double-tap" at something like 40 PSI, Balling up his fist won't set them off, and you need superstrength to use them.

16. X Registered

No problem. :cool:

17. I. B. Abadman Registered

that's right,.. owe you a thanks,... sorta,..

18. Ahura Mazda Registered

I actually have two questions:

1. What did Apocolypse exactly do to Hulk to make him into War; is it correct to say that he is one of the most powerful incarnations?

2. I know that an extra dimension or universe had been openned to divert the Beyonder's power killing him. What happenned to it and that I mean does anybody ever travel to or from that universe anymore?

Sorry I know that the second is pretty stupid but I was wondering - instead of working like I should be :)

19. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

1. Apocalypse gave the Hulk Celestial enhancements. That incarnation of the Hulk was already dying from being separated from Banner after Onslaught, but as War it was said that he'd be able to take down a Celestial, so I imagine he'd be up there in power. He certainly kicked the Juggernaut's ass with little effort.

20. Ahura Mazda Registered

Thanks Corp - but did those enhancements just mean that he was permanently at peak level (which supposedly is infinite).

Maybe my follow up question should be what are exactly celestial enhancements and what do they do.

I apologise for these questions but I use to collect comics when I was living in the States (this was in 1987) and stopped after moving. I only recently restarted reading marvel comic books again. So I am kind of missing about 16 years of comic book history.

21. X Registered

The Beyonder pretty much killed himself, that coupled with The Molecule Mans power reverted him back to an non-sentinent energy form. If it wasn't for The Beyonder trying to turn himself human, it would of never happened. And no, I don't think anyones ever travelled there before. But The Beyonder later did come back and merge with The Molecule Man, becoming a cosmic cube like that or something. The Beyonder was supposedly never that powerful to begin with, The Celestials were just messing with him.

22. DBM Mad Scientist

****ing Celestials. Always screwing with stuff. :mad:

23. X Registered

Indeed. :D

The Hulk and Thor sure showed em'. :D ;)

24. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

The name of the Beyonder/Molecule Man cosmic cube, when it evolved into a sentient being, is Kubik. :)

Ahura: I'm not too sure about what exactly the War Hulk's enhancements were because I've never read those issues. I'm sure someone else knows, though.

25. WeeZiTe Registered

How would that work? If you cut the Hulk's flesh wouldn't it just heal back really quickly?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.