Sequels The New Mutants - Josh Boone to Direct - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Wonder Woman as well with her appearing in Dawn of Justice- and being generally well-received by the audience- before her solo film.

I'm curious whether the decision to have this either in the past or present will be decided by Fox or Boone and the writers. Ideally, if McAvoy and Shipp are to appear, the new class could appear and just have the main X-Men off on some mission or appear here and there so we're not left wondering where they are, giving them a chance to interact with the new mutants.

Though if it's in the present, that could also work, given how Days of Future Past ended, but then that would probably require some of the original cast returning- unless they pull a Deadpool and joke how no one else is around.

Though if it's in the present, that could also work, given how Days of Future Past ended, but then that would probably require some of the original cast returning- unless they pull a Deadpool and no one else is around.

Lack of budget once again. :csad:

I'm really curious how they are gonna pull this off without raising the budget. Wolfsbane and Warlock are gonna need a lot of visual effects. Magik too with that soulsword. Sunspot is like Human Torch and Cannonball has that engine rocket. Its gonna be expensive especially if the villains are Belasco and the Demon Bear!

Those films probably did not get a build up by having a tease or cameo in another film before their film got released, but still MCU were on a roll when those films were released. And unlike New Mutants... I don't see how the other films could have teased GOTG and Ant-Man. GOTG was set in space and Scott Lang wasn't Ant-Man yet. And here, they are gonna use Professor X again, probably the X-Mansion.Storm again. Its not really a different territory that a build-up is impossible to do and in Apocalypse they didn't do that, during the final scene, they were teasing Phoenix, Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Storm becoming proper X-Men and Sinister.

And like I said, Apocalypse lost the momentum. If Deadpool 2/Wolverine 3 turn out to be great, it could be a missed opportunity to hype people for the New Mutants, I don't see how they could insert something related to New Mutants if New Mutants is set in the past. Like I felt the Deadpool movie could have been teased the next X-Men movie especially Colossus was in the movie but of course that didn't happen because X-Men: Apocalypse is set in the past.

So its really gonna out of nowhere. Spider-Man/Black Panther got some advantage by appearing in Civil War. Captain Marvel will appear in Avengers 3 before her solo film. WHile New Mutants is just gonna appear out of nowhere when its released, similar to First Class, especially its roster is really not well known to the GA. Rmember when people complained about Havok, Banshee and there weren't really big X-Men characters other than Prof X, Beast, Mystique, Magneto. This one could have a similar effect.
My point is, it wasn't necesary. Neither GotG nor AntMan were hurt by not having build up prior to their films. Deadpool didnt either.

How do you even propose they "build them up"? All signs suggest that this will be set in the past and their film is set to be released next, not X-men. That key fact makes it moot.

The point of giving New Mutants some build up or tease is for people to get excited for this and don't feel like its coming out of nowhere for whatever reason. You know what if New Mutants isn't based at the X-Mansion and has nothing to do with Professor X and the other X-Men, fine. They could establish this as its own thing and doesn't need to rely from some sort of build-up or tease. But this is gonna act like a splinter-team or another division of X-Men. I just don't see how this is a good transition from X-Men: Apocalypse. People would rather see Nightcrawler, Phoenix, Storm and Cyclops than a new set of mutants. And I'm telling you if the trailers appeared like X-Men lite, this is gonna be a big problem at the box-office.

Last edited:
You didnt answer my question though

About the build-up? If it was up to me, the next X-Men film would be set in the present and most of the X-Men already has a squad. Then after that I guess, they could do a spin-off that focuses on 1 of those mutant squads. I would prefer someone like Cyclops train the New Mutants.

And the fact that they are just quickly moving to a New Mutants movie right after X-Men: Apocalypse without a proper build-up is gonna be a problem. Wrong setting, wrong timing, all bad for the box-office.

Last edited:
:whatever:

Because DOFP really set up Deadpool, right?

I would prefer someone like Cyclops train the New Mutants.

and why should Cyclops train the New Mutants? The new mutants have been historically trained in the comicbooks by 1) a brood queen, 2) Magneto, 3) Xavier and 4) Cable. :whatever: It would have been pretty cool if Magneto would have been stayed at the institute in 1980s after "XN:A" and the New Mutants could have been the class Magneto teaches at Xavier's institute...

Inless they have cameos or during third act they suddenly need someone from X-Men to help them against whatever the villain is all they need is Xavier In supporting role.

Kinberg has says Xavier is in film.add to that Patrick Stewart thinks wolverine film is probally his last film as xavier and add more rumors then New mutants will be set in past with Mcavoy as Xavier.

I just wish Amara was in this! I'm pumped Regardless!

Hopefully if we ever get a sequel, the roster can expand to include Amara, Doug and Xi'an. I can understand focusing on a smaller group of characters, especially in a new ensemble film like this. Characters like Warlock can become the new Groot, and someone like Magik just has all the pieces to become a hit with the mainstream provided we get a good adaptation.

Xavier will likely be a supporting role, i know certain people who i won't name think whoever is xavier will be carrying the movie but chances are no thats not likely the point of making this movie.

If it does end up being in the past, then hopefully, as far as the films in the future go, we haven't seen the last of Colossus and Negasonic Teenage Warhead.

:whatever:

Because DOFP really set up Deadpool, right?

You know what, if New Mutants isn't based at the X-Mansion and has nothing to do with Professor X and the other X-Men, fine. They could establish this as its own thing and doesn't need to rely from some sort of build-up or tease.

:whatever:You just clearly missed reading that. Oh you did.

Deadpool wasn't based at the X-Mansio and had nothing to do with Professor X and the other X-Men except for Colossus, who had a tiny role in DOFP.

Hopefully if we ever get a sequel, the roster can expand to include Amara, Doug and Xi'an. I can understand focusing on a smaller group of characters, especially in a new ensemble film like this. Characters like Warlock can become the new Groot, and someone like Magik just has all the pieces to become a hit with the mainstream provided we get a good adaptation.

There are only 9 characters that are a must-have for a New Mutants series. So if the movie is a success, at least 1 of Magma, Cypher and Karma could definitely appear in the sequel.

Thing is it has to be remembered that the mansion in this film series isn't just a home for the X-Men its a school, a school that has many other random students so you don't need to build new mutants up, if some students join the school in new mutants it won't exactly be an odd thing that people will be very confused about.

because both have been such faithful adaptations of their comic book counterparts, right? :whatever::whatever::whatever:

I think it's more about them just appearing in the films, less so how they've been adapted to screen.

the amount of characters that have only been used once in this franchise and then forgotten, i think its pretty up in the air

Potential bit of news or speculation on the film...

In an official press release from 20th Century Fox and IMAX, it appears the two companies will team up to provide cinema goers everywhere a new Marvel film in glorious IMAX. Following this year’s hit Deadpool, it should come as no surprise that the studio would quickly sign a new deal with the cinema chain as a means to develop a better cinematic experience for the studio’s next Marvel film.

In addition to The Maze Runner: The Death Cure, Alita: Battle Angel, and Shane Black’s Predator, it appears the studio has scheduled an untitled Marvel film for IMAX screens too. One would assume this is the upcoming New Mutants film being helmed by Fault in Our Stars director Josh Boone.

http://heroichollywood.com/fox-schedules-untitled-marvel-film-imax/

Though it could just as easily be something like Deadpool 2, too.

Nah, I think it's the third Wolverine movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"