Sequels The New Mutants - Josh Boone to Direct - Part 2

Stopped watching The Originals before she came into it, so never seen her act. But she certainly looks the part.

Phew! The right girl was chosen.
My thoughts exactly. Though I figured she was probably the one when she was following Boone's concept artist Ashley Guillory on Instagram.

Great to see a female majority superhero team though. Zaga is the lone disappointment (his good looks won't deceive me!), but they've assembled a great core of young talent. It's promising they've mentioned how Dani is the most important role (as she should be) and Blu has got a lot of help on this film. Very hype to see her, Anya and Maisie on screen together.

Great to see a female majority superhero team though.

4 Women and only 2 Men

I can't believe FoX finally did it. This is on my top 5 wishlist for X-MEN. The best and most powerful X-MEN are Women. Now hopefully these female super hero team/solo movies become a trend and we can get a proper Female X Movie next decade.

i am happy we have our cast.seems like if warlock is in film he will be total cgi character.

Not feeling the casting for this film. Maise is the only one I was pleased with

I agree. I can't speak to Blu, but I think I was spoiled initially with how perfect Maise was and it's gone a bit meh since then.

Though I'll reserve total judgment, casting a white Brazillian for Roberto is disappointing and while I love Rosario Dawson, it's kind of the same thing.

I'm also concerned over Dani Moonstar being cited as "pivitol, if not central." This franchise has not done right by its more diverse members really at all. I want every character in this to get actual development. It's not a large cast, it shouldn't be impossible.

But at least, as others have pointed out, the cast is majority female, so that's promising.

though, it's pretty cool we're getting a New Mutants movie at all, with mostly comic correct characters, so I'm trying hard not to feel complainy about this.

though, it's pretty cool we're getting a New Mutants movie at all, with mostly comic correct characters, so I'm trying hard not to feel complainy about this.
Try to get a little more or see a bit more before going off the deep end. This isnt Singer its a different person taking a different approach to a different team. Everyone they cast except the one for Sunspot im excited for and truly feel they got great actors to shine in the role. Most of the cast is diverse so they really have no choice but to do something with them. The team is very accurate as well so far they are going on track and better than other movies. Lets just wait to see how they deliver.

I dunno, Anya Taylor Joy is an incredibly exciting actress to watch and I consider us blessed to have her signed on, and as Magik no less. (I think she's a better match to Illyana than Maisie is to Rahne) I'm actually concerned Maisie is going to get the short end of the stick, despite how talented she is.

I think the biggest question about sunspot if whether is he is a rebooted version of the character or meant to be a younger version of the DOFP sunspot.

Since this is more horror than a young adult film, I still hope they are not tempted by a forced love triangle as seen in YA films.

Since this is more horror than a young adult film, I still hope they are not tempted by a forced love triangle as seen in YA films.

I don't see any love triangle happening imo. Maybe in a sequel with Magma maybe. But I think hints of Mirage & Cannonball. But the main relationship building up will be Sunspot & Wolfsbane imo.

I personally think Nova Roma and Magma would be the ideal sequel, and it would be funny to see Roberto and Sam kinda pine over Amara like they do in the comics.

The Demon Bear is a story that doesn't really need a romance to develop certain characters though. It's a story about trauma, and these characters all kinda have that. Particularly the duality of Illyana and Dani - that's what I feel like we'll really see in the film considering the casting of ATJ. There can be hints of it that can be developed in a sequel, ala Rogue and Bobby in X2, but a first film won't need it. We're just establishing these characters and there's no place for romance more or less when they're trapped.

We're just establishing these characters and there's no place for romance more or less when they're trapped.

There's some form of romance or flirtation in every super hero movie besides Logan.

They'll be some form of it in this film. It's a Horror but it's still YA. It only takes a line or two to establish a moment where the women in the crowd go "ooooooooohhhh"

That's why I said there can be hints and referenced the progression of Bobby and Rogue from X1 to X2 lol.

Interested to see if Brit Heaton can do a Kentucky accent.

4 Women and only 2 Men

I can't believe FoX finally did it. This is on my top 5 wishlist for X-MEN. The best and most powerful X-MEN are Women. Now hopefully these female super hero team/solo movies become a trend and we can get a proper Female X Movie next decade.

Yeah, that's pretty great. Now I'm just waiting for the meninist crowd to notice and "boycott" it for being so "PC".

Yeah, that's pretty great. Now I'm just waiting for the meninist crowd to notice and "boycott" it for being so "PC".

Like when the MRA's try to boycott Mad Max: Fury Road?

This movie is shaping up nicely.

Looking forward to seeing how this one plays out. The cast looks great I really hope the horror elements are great and that it's set in the present.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"