Sequels The New Mutants - Josh Boone to Direct - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I am hoping Sunspot would speak here. They kinda wasted him in Dofp.

Honestly, I imagine all the talk about X-men and New Mutants crossover cast may have just been due to how close the filming schedules for the two movies will end up being. Remember how all the Rogue in Legion talk ended up being Syd?

Honestly, I imagine all the talk about X-men and New Mutants crossover cast may have just been due to how close the filming schedules for the two movies will end up being. Remember how all the Rogue in Legion talk ended up being Syd?

heh?
Yeah, but...Legion wasn't at all a sure-fire thing to have any connection with the movie-verse.

It's not even connected to the films.

TW is a good film imo. I know that some people don't like the climax, and I can see why. I don't think that it's outright BAD, and it is foreshadowed A LOT throughout the rest of the film. But it does feel, out of place, when compared to the first 2/3.

I liked that movie as well. So underrated!:ilv:

heh?
Yeah, but...Legion wasn't at all a sure-fire thing to have any connection with the movie-verse.

Still, a lot of early rumors talked about Rogue being in it. Which, if you look at the script, is a reasonable assumption from Syd's character description. With how close these two would have to be shooting, it would be easy to think someone to mix up which movie a character would be in. Especially with how secretive Fox has been.

I seriously doubt they'll have that guy in mind when casting for this movie, no matter who's cast. He didn't even have any lines and he didn't look like sunspot.
I thought the aesthetic of Adan Canto's Sunspot was a fine adaptation, considering how he's supposed to look like the surface of the sun. I don't think a completely black body would work on-screen. (But if we got it, I'd be elated)

But yeah, they shouldn't be beholden to Adan Canto's Mexican Sunspot. Boone has also been following Henry Zaga, who has been liking a lot of his posts recently as well. There's also other names like Felipe Miguel who seem to be in the mix. I kinda prefer the latter only because they're sorta the insane attractive types that Bobby is supposed to be. Those seem to be the kinda guys that might be cast for Sunspot.

Last edited:
They are already retconning the Dofp's version so this should give them the opportunity to make him look closer to the comics instead of looking like Human Torch 2018.

Sure we have a Human Torch problem here.

tumblr_mqiq7bxlA21qcsppeo1_500.png

XMN_Sunspot.jpg

I'd just look at the ceiling.:woot:

You are just way to stubborn to accept the new cast is all.

You spent so many months bigging up the OT over the FC cast so sure that they would be back and the FC cast would be forgotten that you probably can't let it go now.

There were so many debates about it with you and you argued with such pride that it must drive you nuts.

Last edited:
You are just way to stubborn to accept the new cast is all.

You spent so many months bigging up the OT so sure that they would be back that you probably can't let it go that it didn't happen

he doesn't care about original cast anymore.now it's inless fox reboots to bash x-men films 24/7

Oh psylockolussus cares, don't worry about that.

since he is sayingsinger's version of x-men has long outlived it's time and time for complete reboot theen he has turned on them since much of them was cast by singer and in reboot none of them would come back he must not care aboutt hem anymore.

Is a reboot an end to all the bashing at fox lol??? Probably not.

Sony rebooted spidey, even with marvel this time. Its still getting criticism from fans because they wanted to make more money than what marvel allowed them. so good luck for reboot of any kind....

Is a reboot an end to all the bashing at fox lol??? Probably not.

Sony rebooted spidey, even with marvel this time. Its still getting criticism from fans because they wanted to make more money than what marvel allowed them. so good luck for reboot of any kind....

as long as it is fox making films of course some online wil continue to bash them.you will continue to find people who say why won't fox just give marvel x-men which is just ridculas.

majority here and online love everything about homecoming.those who don't like me are minority.

new mutants has a director who is fanboy and we even haven't gotten a confirmed cast yet but some are like because it's not set in present or part of reboote tseries like it will fail or be terrable.

he doesn't care about original cast anymore.now it's inless fox reboots to bash x-men films 24/7

I don't really need to see Stewart, McKellen, Romijn, Stanford and Jackman in another X-Men film. But the rest should return in a post Logan film!:ilv:

i think Cable will have a cameo in NW but anything is unknown until 1st trailer.

Cable & deadpool debuted in NW comics.
and both movies will come out back to back, cant imagine fox not to take advantage of it

and both movies will come out back to back, cant imagine fox not to take advantage of it

The New Mutant's era with Cable & Deadpool is probably the worst imo.

It'd be a shame to skip over the classic part of New Mutant's that Claremont designed.

That and these two movies aren't even in the same era imo

Since deadpool 2 is coming out after new mutants I very much doubt cable will appear in new mutants, it's likely his introduction will be in deadpool 2.

Last edited:
Their happening in two different eras, im sure there not going to introduce time travel only to have Cable make a cameo in NM when he could just do that possibly in Deadpool. Cable wont be involved with NM in the movieverse. They dont follow the comics panel to panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"