The new New Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's an upcoming Spider-Man/X-Men mini-series coming up (4 issues) where each issue highlights a Spiey/X-Men team up from the years gone by, starting with their earliest and moving onward to nowadays.

In the 3rd issue, it features a story from the Ben Reilly era, so it'll be him as Spidey in that particular issue.

:yay:

Oh cool :up:

But Ben's not really "coming back"? :(

We probably both are... and your Spidey comments sting me a little as a Spider-Reader of 33 + years, so I probably take those more "personally"...

Bur generally speaking, yes, you are very nice and a very good comic book mod... though as a mod, you should encourage people to read whatever they like, as opposed to poking fun at their tastes... because that's just not fun nor fair to those people.

:csad:
Well, to be fair, I don't think I've made any direct insults to people buying ASM for a while. Up there, in fact, that was just me saying I wouldn't buy the post-OMD issue myself. I also don't think I encourage people to read anything unless they bring it up first, and if they're talking about Spider-Man, I tend to just keep quiet now.

Well, to be fair, I don't think I've made any direct insults to people buying ASM for a while. Up there, in fact, that was just me saying I wouldn't buy the post-OMD issue myself. I also don't think I encourage people to read anything unless they bring it up first, and if they're talking about Spider-Man, I tend to just keep quiet now.

Yeah... the above comment of yours wasn't terrible, just an added on comment that had been piling up in my head and I blew up.

My apologies, man...

:csad:

Soo....

New Warriors sales at # 80 a near 30 point Jump!!!!! (which is even better than I'd hoped)

New Warriors solicits up for DECEMBER! ...and sounds like an awesome storyline!

This comic may have bought itself 6 more months.

BUY this book people!!!!

I can't wait for this Spider-Man/X-Men mini, myself. The art looks great, and it's Ben Reilly. I hated the Clone Saga as much as anyone, but I actually liked Ben Reilly. Not as Spider-Man, but as someone Pete could fall back on, and vice versa.

Ben was cool. I almost wish Marvel had succeeded in replacing Peter with him in the Clone Saga. At least then, we would've had some variation of Peter Parker who got to grow up.

True. I don't see Spider-Man as being a character that would translate well to being a legacy hero, though.

Peter could've stuck around as a mentor to Ben. Hell, they could've made him into something of a low-level super-scientist--sort of a "what if Peter could sit down and learn some stuff with his big brain instead of having to run off as Spider-Man every five minutes?" One thing that confused me a lot about the Clone Saga is why they were planning to move Peter off to Oregon or wherever. Just send him to Long Island or something. Far enough away that he wouldn't steal Ben's spotlight, but close enough that he could come back for cameos in a pinch.

I wouldn't have liked that. I liked Ben Reilly, just not as Spider-Man.

I would've liked him more than what we've got now. Joni Mitchell was totally right, my friend. :(

"They paved paradise and put up a parking lot." :( indeed.

You're a mod, right? You should totally change The Amazing Spider-Man thread's name, if only for the day. :up:

I'm still amazed Reilly still has adamant fans. Sheesh.

I'm not one of them. He represents everything about bad Spider-Comics and is only a symbol of the insane lengths Marvel has gone, over various decades and EIC's, to keep Peter single, living alone, and "dating" to appeal to "the everyman". In this context, the fact Peter & MJ stayed married 19 years is itself a feat.

Clone Saga was botched. There was no way to save Reilly and even then, what good does he really serve? Why do we need two Spider-Men? Who are pretty much the same guy, only one dyes his hair blond? Hasn't DRAGON BALL Z taught anyone that just making a copy of a successful character isn't enough?

Hey, it's my hope that this issue with Ben will do well enough to warrent his return. Heck, I've not touched Spidey since OMD, and it's the only tie-in to SI that I haven't bought (other than Frontline)... but if Reilly comes back, I will buy every issue, every week.

But if the 2 Spider-Men is a problem, they can always shunt him elsewhere away from the Spidey stuff. Thunderbolts or New Warriors, etc.

And with that mention I'll swing it back to the topic of the thread. It's good to see solicitations for NW lasting until issue 19 in December so far. This is one of the books I look forward to the most in a month and I'm excited that it keeps going.

Yeah, considering the sales, I am surprised that NW may make it two years after all. Granted, the solicts all but blow wide open what Night-Thrasher was planning.

Reilly's a waste. I never liked him. I'd rather just read good Spider-Man stories and have an editorial board with a competent, non-self defeating plan for him. I've been waiting some 15 years. :p

Yeah, considering the sales, I am surprised that NW may make it two years after all. Granted, the solicts all but blow wide open what Night-Thrasher was planning.

Reilly's a waste. I never liked him. I'd rather just read good Spider-Man stories and have an editorial board with a competent, non-self defeating plan for him. I've been waiting some 15 years. :p

I thought it would have been better if Reily was not an exact clone...say he was more like an artificially created brother.

Then he would be just another feasible character in the spiderman gallery.

I never hated reily though.

Bumping this for the new team:

NEWWAR2014001_COV.jpg

NEW WARRIORS #1
CHRISTOPHER YOST (W) MARCUS TO (A)
cover by RAMON PEREZ
Variant Cover J. Scott Campbell
Sketch Variant by J. Scott Campbell
VARIANT BY SKOTTIE YOUNG
Animal Variant by Chris Samnee
WARRIORS REBORN! Adventurers SPEEDBALL and JUSTICE have come together with a group of young heroes including NOVA, SUN GIRL, and HUMMINGBIRD (and even a couple of new faces) to stop the latest threat to the Marvel Universe—the Atlanteans, Inhumans, clones and hundreds of other so-called "superior" beings are living among the humans of the Marvel Universe, but not everyone is pleased about it. THE HIGH EVOLUTIONARY has raised an army to combat the evolution of humanity – and the New Warriors are locked in his sights!
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back