The new New Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would just like to say I hate Penance so much!

The article on I-Mockery complete nailed why the character sucks so much, his more Emo than Batman

He's gotten better after his sessions with Doc Samson.

I don't see why Speedball would return from MK 2099 (the reality he is in, created by Robert Kirkman and seperate from Marvel 2099 from the 90's). He's got a more important role there. Not even Squirrel Girl could get him to return. Plus, someone at Marvel would actually have to give two ****'s about "classic Speedball" and the amount of writers who do amounts to three; Kirkman, Slott, and FabNic. I doubt either see it as a priority or have been asked to do so by editors.

That and it would be tricky to explain how if he was a Skrull, that Speedball was able to hold his form even when unconscious and near death.

Oh, and to JewishHobbit; Ben Reilly is dead. His corpse turned to DUST immediately after he was killed by Norman Osborn. That entire storyline and all allusions from it is considered "ixnay" by the Marvel Establishment except to crack a joke, even when they might have made sense, like discussing a miscarried baby or having Doc Ock visit Stunner's comatose form or something. Much like no one at Marvel mentions the "Skrull Marriage" story in FF in exchange for making Johnny an immature ladies man (even though he remained faithful to "Alicia" for as long as they were married). I am curious how SECRET INVASION will go along without any writer having the cajones to mention THAT story. Because that would mean admitting Johnny Storm could commit to a serious relationship, and then they couldn't use his ladies man schtick the same. GASP!!

The Clone Saga is dead, no one liked it, and even if some did, Marvel isn't nuts enough to invite their most embarassing Marvel storyline ever back into the fold. Hell, they've just gotten over the demonic annulment saga. Move on. Uncle Ben will come back, and HAS (if you count alternate reality versions) before Scarlet Spider. The Internet is full of rare Clone fans who want a bone, but Marvel is 1 billion percent interested in never evoking that storyline or any detail from it again. I say this an intervention. ;)

Lyja's coming back in SI:FF, so I'm betting there'll be some reference to the marriage.

Heh,... well they brought it up and dusted it off,... now Lazerfist is back, fireproof, and living in the negative zone.

Well, when you consider the fact that Millar and Hitch's FF run is still going on, (however late it might be) there really ain't enough time to devote to her sudden return. So, she cools her heals in the N Zone "finding herself" or whatever, and when they're done in five years the next writer can tackle that sub plot. (assuming they remember it.)

Except the obsessive fans who will whine about it on the web for years to come. Look on the bright side though, at least now we know where she is and what she's doing, as opposed to just diapearing without a trace.

Well I WANT her to come back,... and do the hiding thing working as an employee @ FF Inc.

And I think turnabouts fair play - let her get serious with Ben Grimm.

V.

Heh,... well they brought it up and dusted it off,... now Lazerfist is back, fireproof, and living in the negative zone.

Yeah, she came back in SECRET INVASION: FANTASTIC FOUR, which I don't read. Oh well.

Oh man, they reveal who Night Thrasher is and no one's surprised because it was obvious like ten issues ago! :wow:

I'm kidding. The issue doesn't look too bad, but it doesn't look good enough to bring me back, either. I'm mildly curious about what Vance is talking about regarding Dwayne's body, but I'm sure I'll find out on here or through Wikipedia eventually.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=889&disp=table

Not like anybody seems to care...

But this issue looks awesome.

It does look pretty good.

Naturally, Donyell's identity was known for some time. While this turn of events needed SECRET INVASION as a back-drop, it probably should have happened sooner. Instead we had many issues of slow pacing and daudling to have the Old Warriors come back and investigate the death of the last team. I can understand why some people lost patience and nodded off. They're far from alone. This book has been bleeding readers and it remains to be seen how much SI will help it.

Still, I'm still aboard and I look forward to it. At least the fill in artist is better than Malin was, or at least closer to Medina's style.

Well, I just read the newest issue, and I don't care what anyone says... I'm still loving the book. Spoilers ahead....

I was so hoping that the original Night Thrasher would still be alive, but this issue proves that it was really him who died in the Stamford Incident. That sucks, but oh well. Also, I wasn't that sure. In the end, is Justice and his team giving Donyell their blessings, or joining them? I'd like the latter to be true, though that's a lot of characters, but I'm leaning toward them just being cordial. And I'm glad Donyell finally revealed himself. I feel like maybe the story can move on now, and I'm excited to see what he's been up to lately. Oveall, I felt it was a good book, though not intrigal to the Secret Invasion storyline.

At least he has a good colorist working with him this time. When he drew C&DP the colors and inks were horrible and made his art look bad. And Lan Medina is sick.

One could only dream. Though he should still be alive to this day with the way the Clone Saga ended, but marvel refuses to go back to that little plot thread.

This is true he was genetically proven to be a perfect clone (or not a clone but that was editors stretching out the story he was just supposed to be a perfect non degenerative clone) and that think died like a degenerative clone so it wasn't reilly.

Oh, and to JewishHobbit; Ben Reilly is dead. His corpse turned to DUST immediately after he was killed by Norman Osborn. That entire storyline and all allusions from it is considered "ixnay" by the Marvel Establishment except to crack a joke, even when they might have made sense, like discussing a miscarried baby or having Doc Ock visit Stunner's comatose form or something. Much like no one at Marvel mentions the "Skrull Marriage" story in FF in exchange for making Johnny an immature ladies man (even though he remained faithful to "Alicia" for as long as they were married). I am curious how SECRET INVASION will go along without any writer having the cajones to mention THAT story. Because that would mean admitting Johnny Storm could commit to a serious relationship, and then they couldn't use his ladies man schtick the same. GASP!!

The Clone Saga is dead, no one liked it, and even if some did, Marvel isn't nuts enough to invite their most embarassing Marvel storyline ever back into the fold. Hell, they've just gotten over the demonic annulment saga. Move on. Uncle Ben will come back, and HAS (if you count alternate reality versions) before Scarlet Spider. The Internet is full of rare Clone fans who want a bone, but Marvel is 1 billion percent interested in never evoking that storyline or any detail from it again. I say this an intervention. ;)

Um I liked the clone saga they just drug it out forever and made some really dumb choices. "hey i know lets say he's really the real spiderman and the one we have was the fake!":huh: As for never bringing it up they are going to put out a couple of spiderman xmen crossovers from the past supposedly in continuity one of wich is a Ben FREAKING REILLY STORY!!!!:wow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"