The NEW Official Thor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being intelligent doesn't wipe away 40 years of the Hulk having literally nothing to do with the Avengers beyond being in a statue in their front yard. He's a Defender way more than an Avenger. Bring the Defenders back as part of the Avengers line in the same way that the Thunderbolts are and stick him there.

Being intelligent doesn't wipe away 40 years of the Hulk having literally nothing to do with the Avengers beyond being in a statue in their front yard. He's a Defender way more than an Avenger. Bring the Defenders back as part of the Avengers line in the same way that the Thunderbolts are technically a part of the Avengers line and stick him there.

But no one cares about the Defenders anymore. Hell, I'd also like to see Dr. Strange on a proper Avengers team.

So make people care about the Defenders. No one cared about the Avengers after Chuck Austen f***ed them up, but Bendis grabbed people's attention again and here we are several years later with the Avengers every bit the central cog of the entire Marvel universe as Stan Lee envisioned them to be.

I wouldn't mind a relaunch so long as Fraction stays away. Relaunch it with Brubaker still writing but Steve back in the costume. Simple.

I wonder will this status quo change piss off Brubaker enough to come back to DC, even after he has been insulting/bashing/making fun of DC's ring stuff and so forth. :p

have you guys seen the new Omnibus cover for the Journey into Mystery stories? THIS would make a great poster.
961753.jpg

I wonder will this status quo change piss off Brubaker enough to come back to DC, even after he has been insulting/bashing/making fun of DC's ring stuff and so forth. :p

I doubt it. He seems to be on board with Fear Itself, which I'm oddly looking forward to.

have you guys seen the new Omnibus cover for the Journey into Mystery stories? THIS would make a great poster.
961753.jpg

I for one wouldn't mind if Thor went back to Journey into Mystery, as long as the number system stayed the same. That has been kinda a pet peeve for me. I say keep the number system for all the Silver age era comics!!!

So....you wouldnt be opposed to a Jeph Loeb penned Avengers then? lol

Loeb pissed me off so much with the micky mouse BS he did during the first encounter between Thor and Rulk that I will never buy a comic that he is part of!

I for one wouldn't mind if Thor went back to Journey into Mystery, as long as the number system stayed the same. That has been kinda a pet peeve for me. I say keep the number system for all the Silver age era comics!!!
They're changing Thor back to Journey into Mystery in April with #622 and launching a new series called The Mighty Thor. Not quite the proper numbering since it preserves the renumbering from JMS' run, which neglects to include the short return to the Journey into Mystery title in the '90s, but it's as close as we're ever gonna get.

They're changing Thor back to Journey into Mystery in April with #622 and launching a new series called The Mighty Thor. Not quite the proper numbering since it preserves the renumbering from JMS' run, which neglects to include the short return to the Journey into Mystery title in the '90s, but it's as close as we're ever gonna get.

OK so JIM is the actual ongoing Thor or Mighty Thor is?

They're both ongoings. Journey into Mystery will feature the other Asgardians with the creative team of Kieron Gillen and Doug Braithwaite. The Mighty Thor will feature Thor with the creative team of Matt Fraction and Olivier Coipel.

They're both ongoings. Journey into Mystery will feature the other Asgardians with the creative team of Kieron Gillen and Doug Braithwaite. The Mighty Thor will feature Thor with the creative team of Matt Fraction and Olivier Coipel.

Fraction? :doh: Oh boy

I plan on both seeing as Coipel MIGHT get behind. At least the 2nd title will have some Thor to read.

961753.jpg
Damn, I want this book more now.

Or will it ? From the description this will be a Loki-centric series:huh:
That's fine, I've been wanting them to make a book like Tales of Asgard that used ALL the Asgardians but covered one character at a time over all these danged one shots and mini's.
What'd be cool to see is the REST of the history behind Hogun that was started by Stan Lee in Tales of Asgard #6. We hardly know anything of the Warriors Three if you stop and think about it.

I would love to see Volstagg's family again or an old adventure from when Volstagg and Odin were young men and Thor, Balder, and all the "main" Asgardians weren't even a twinkle in their parents' eye. :)

Indeed! I would love to see more of Volstagg's family too.

His wife must've been super-pissed about his self-imposed exile to support Thor. :funny:

lol That would be great. I want to see that type of Story, I missed the Warriors three books because the LCS is messed up again somehow. Seems like they miss my orders or the distributor messes up or something else.
I knew there should've been more in my Subscription box and when I asked they brought out two books from their back room, I'm thinking someones grabbing books from everyone's pulls.

Yeah, I missed the second Warriors Three issue as well. I've given up trying to get my shop to re-order stuff I miss, though. I just set up subscriptions on HeavyInk for indie and less popular stuff that my shop might not order many or any copies of now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"