The Dark Knight The Nolan Twist

ross2287

Gonzo Journalist
Reaction score
What was it?

If you say it was Gordon faking his death, I say that's a pretty weak twist since anyone who saw the trailers knew he had his scene with Mayor Batmanuel in Joker's cell and the scene of him smashing the Batsignal.

Maybe the twist is so big, it has to be split between this movie and the next one. That twist of course being that Two-Face is still alive.

Anyway, discuss!

"Did you really think I was going to risk the battle for Gotham's soul on a fist fight with you?"

well i think you answered your own question, it was Gordon faking his own death.

big deal the first shot of the first full trailer was the last shot of the movie didnt mean we knew how it ended. trailer s are cut together to get ppl hyped not tell the flatout story.

There were several twist in the film...

-Gordan faking his death
-Joker lying about the addresses where Harvey and Rachel were located
-Joker tricking Batman into thinking that he needed a fist fight to save Gotham
-Two-Face being Joker's Ace in the Hole

It was Harvey. That was Joker's "Ace in the Hole." We're lead to believe that the Joker wanted to bring down Gotham by a major terrorist attack, carnage, explosions, blah, blah, blah, but it was just a distraction to bring the whole f'ing place down from the inside with Dent. That was his punchline.

Some claim it was Ducard turning out to be the real Ra's.

That's as big of a twist as Gordon faking his death. Especially when we all pretty much knew Liam Neesan was actually Ra's before the movie came out.

Like closerframe said. There were several twists in the movie.

I would say the biggest twist was Gordon's fake death.

The twist was him
switching the address's, though it didnt really play out like one. I was expecting Batman to go disarm the bomb at his building while we see Gordon arrive at his and it blows up, thus all think Harvey is dead. Then Batman goes down and finds Harvey and it's, "WTF are you doing here?" and he tells Gordon he has Harvey, and Gordon says ot his men "then who was in that building that just blew up?"

DUN DUN DUN!

There were several twist in the film...

-Gordan faking his death
-Joker lying about the addresses where Harvey and Rachel were located
-Joker tricking Batman into thinking that he needed a fist fight to save Gotham
-Two-Face being Joker's Ace in the Hole

Harvey's coin being double headed was also a minor twist.

At the end of the day though, he didn't build this story around one big surprise like he has in the past instead it had several more sublte twists and turns.

It's that Harvey's alive. DUN DUN DUN! No really, like Closerframe said, theres many twists.

That's as big of a twist as Gordon faking his death. Especially when we all pretty much knew Liam Neesan was actually Ra's before the movie came out.

Like closerframe said. There were several twists in the movie.

Geez, you have to put this into the perspective of the common Joe Blow moviegoer. Of course internet "nerds" who read every single article on the movie and freeze frame every second of every trailer and blow up every hi-res picture of every character to analyze their nose hairs will not be faked out by certain things.

But, the common movie goer will be. I had people in the audience with me at the midnight screening who were shocked to see Gordon "die". I overheard them whispering. So yea, there are twists in BB and TDK, just not for those spoiling every possible second of the movie five months before it is released.

Well there were a lot of twists and turns in the movie that were small...

-Joker killing Loeb
-How they killed the judge
-Gordon faking his death (dying and then being alive)
-Joker giving Batman the wrong addresses
-Rachel dying
-The bomb in the stomach
-Harvey Dent becoming Two-Face might have surprised a few audience members
-Joker using Dent as his ace in the hole and the big confrontation between him and Batman not being the real climax.
-Batman becoming wanted for Dent's crimes.

These are a series of small twists but amount to a very unpredictable movie. It's you're own fault if you spoiled it all for yourself beforehand. He doesn't need a major twist in every movie like Shamylan and normally avoids the ridiculous.

This is Nolan, not M. Night Shyamalan. He doesn't need a twist to make a good movie.

Gordon'd fake death. I was just so completely drawn into the movie, I had forgotton every single trailer/tv spot I had seen and forgotton that up to that point Gordon still wasn't Commisioner, that when he "died" I was honestly shocked. I just didn't have the brain to think it through at the time :D

SPOILER
batman responsible for the death of harvey dent, hitting all the squat personnel, and therefore becoming the bad man.
thats a good twist.

Geez, you have to put this into the perspective of the common Joe Blow moviegoer. Of course internet "nerds" who read every single article on the movie and freeze frame every second of every trailer and blow up every hi-res picture of every character to analyze their nose hairs will not be faked out by certain things.

But, the common movie goer will be. I had people in the audience with me at the midnight screening who were shocked to see Gordon "die". I overheard them whispering. So yea, there are twists in BB and TDK, just not for those spoiling every possible second of the movie five months before it is released.

Why do I have to put this into the perspective of the common movie goer? I don't recall that reply requirement in the original post.

Because it's a Nolan movie doesn't mean it has to have a twist. Personally I don't think there was one in TDK but probably the groundwork was set to reveal one for the next film.

Because it's a Nolan movie doesn't mean it has to have a twist. Personally I don't think there was one in TDK but probably the groundwork was set to reveal one for the next film.

There were several twists throughout.

the real twist was joker killing spawn!!! who saw that coming? or it could have been that debo was transported from LA state prison to Gotham? who knows for sure?:hehe:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"