Comics The Offical Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man Thread

Cutting off Tony Stark's testicles and then feeding them to Wolverine right in front of him.

Who'd be the other Parker? Aunt May or Mary Jane? I'd make it Parker & Parker & Parker. Triple P. Has a better ring to it.

I just bought the first TPB of FNSM. I was very disappointed. The first chapter was great. It shows how Spider-Man influenced a girl's life. The end is also quite tragic. The Masks story is just normal. And along come the alternate Uncle Ben story. It is plain horrible. I have no idea what is happening and before I can understand, it ends.

Tell me the book will get better

Don't bother w/ the trades that is from when FNSM was kinda lame.
Buy Issues #14-16, that's when it started to get good, buy next months too (#17).:cwink:

I just bought the first TPB of FNSM. I was very disappointed. The first chapter was great. It shows how Spider-Man influenced a girl's life. The end is also quite tragic. The Masks story is just normal. And along come the alternate Uncle Ben story. It is plain horrible. I have no idea what is happening and before I can understand, it ends.

Tell me the book will get better

What got you confused about the Hobgoblin 2211 storyline? I thought it was pretty loud and clear about itself until the very end of that arc, but we're going to be getting further explanation about the alternate Uncle Ben later on in the series.

Don't bother w/ the trades that is from when FNSM was kinda lame.
Buy Issues #14-16, that's when it started to get good, buy next months too (#17).:cwink:
The Mysterio arc was pretty fun. Nothing great, but I enjoyed it.

So what did you guys think of the current issue? Im excited to see what PAD has in store for us in regards to Sandman's past.

I liked it. Felt old school, and regardless on how much I fight for new school, I know and understand where spidey came from.:up:

I don't understand the cool reception PAD's gotten from the book. The only major misstep on his part was the Spidey 2211 (or whatever year it was)/ Alternate Evil Uncle Ben arc. That was lame, but still readable. I also hated "The Other" but this was on editorial's head, not his.... and in his defense his parts were the best of an otherwise incomprehensible story. Other than that, I loved the Mysterio arc, the Vulture arc, the girl with the web-journal and even the El-Muerto arc (c'mon, the visual of Spidey taking on a Mexican wrestler-esque villain was worth it alone). The Sandman arc also looks good so far, even if it is a shameless movie tie-in. Plus, as a Reilly fan, he gets kudos alone for being the only writer to even mention him since Millar. So all in all, if I had to rate his run so far, I would give him a solid 8. Would be a 10 without the "Other" chapters and the SM2211/"Uncle Ben" arc.

So what did you guys think of the current issue? Im excited to see what PAD has in store for us in regards to Sandman's past.

it may have him as an accomplice to a certain burglar and i don't mean the black cat[think s-m3]

Pete wearing the black suit is horribly drawn. I've always loved the artwork and this kept bugging me. Still, can't wait to read the next issue.

I really liked this issue. it was very, interesting, and entertaining. I loved it when sandman took the picture from peter and told him that he was an accomplice with the burglar which was very interesting so I really can't wait for the next issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"