The Official Ant-Man News and Speculation Thread - Part 2

Discussion in 'Ant-Man' started by Thread Manager, Jan 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kosh33 MCU Fanatic

Seems a bit strange that Marvel haven't announced a replacement as yet.. they are usually quite good in having someone on standby in case someone leaves.. Maybe this really caught them by surprise

2. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Well, it could be that Wright took his Ant-Man script to a whole further level of dubious morality ( in degree and portrayal ). . . but if so, Marvel was entirely in the right to kick him off the project. I kind of doubt it, though.

3. Tim_Riggins Dillon Panthers

It's kind of useless to speculate when we don't know exactly what happened. People saying good riddance, or "glad he's gone" are utterly ridiculous.

4. TheVision Sharp Dressed Man

Its quite possible Edgars Ant Man story may have just been really dumb on an obvious level. why else would they reject it so much? People dont mind quirky movies, they just dont like stupid, idiotic ones. haha

5. Krystal Registered

Tired of all the Wright and wrong BS. Just want a director announced and the movie to go forward.

Maybe they are just finalizing the contract for whoever before they announce it.

6. TheVision Sharp Dressed Man

Im not a big enough fan of EW to care if hes directing this movie or not.

7. Whiskey Tango Registered

No more ridiculous than the ones practically calling for Feiges head on a platter for screwing over the helpless little artistic guy. Bottom line is none of us work at MS and none of us pal around with Wright so nobody has any real info to go on.

Unfortunately, "not knowing what you're talking about" never stopped the internet.

+1

8. TheVision Sharp Dressed Man

James Gunn stated his thoughts: Some people just arent meant to be together.

what else needs to be said?

[​IMG]

#958 TheVision, May 28, 2014
    Last edited: May 28, 2014
  9. The Question Objectivism doesn't work.

Which is a nice sentiment, and I hope that it's true. But it also sounds like something Gunn would say to support Wright and stay in Marvel's good graces at the same time, so I don't know how much he softened his analysis of the split.

10. BoredGuy Never Did a Popular Thing

I'd take Gunn's word as the closest person to the situation that has commented

but really, what's it matter?

this blame-game nonsense is getting really tiring, especially when you're all making valid points
    Speculation should be on who to hire next and how to treat the story, not "he's a dick!", "no they are!!", "Repeat ad nauseam."

11. dark_b Registered

is anyone as happy as me that hardcore MCU fans think that the connection and continuity of marvel movies is more important than good standalone movies?

i also noticed that its not a problem that 80% of marvel studio movies have very bad villains. its not a problem. what matters is that we get for the first time bright suits and 5 slow motion shots of out favorite superheros in ther classic pose from the comics.

in a way its the best way to make a superhero movie.:p:up:

12. BoredGuy Never Did a Popular Thing

^^^ As an X-fan, please don't make me hate X-fans

I'd take Marvel's interconnectivity over the god-awful continuity of the X-films
    I'd also take a variety of villains (who sometimes fall short) to one or two villains repeated over and over endlessly
    I'd rather slo-mo shots of bright suits than black leather and bastardized power sets (and cutting away every time the action gets decent)
    Not to mention that only two or three X-films have been any good as "stand-alones"

now, piss off with the trolling

13. Whiskey Tango Registered

Please.

14. kosh33 MCU Fanatic

15. TheVision Sharp Dressed Man

Marvel makes the best super hero films. Thats all I know. Until they let me down with a terrible movie, Ill be on their side.

16. Rock Sexton Registered

[​IMG]

17. Rock Sexton Registered

Some guys are just obsessed with gossiping and drama like a pack of yentas.

18. kosh33 MCU Fanatic

:applaud:up:

19. TheVileOne Registered

If this movie gets shelved, delayed, or halted, I'd have no problem with that.

If it means getting Doctor Strange or Black Panther sooner, huzzah.

20. TheVision Sharp Dressed Man

I think Ant Man will be an awesome film for the SFX sequences. seeing people shrink/grow to giant size would be a really cool to explore visually. We dont get many movies that have that in em. Thats my main interest in the movie, not really who directs it.

We're MCU Fans, we all want great action/adventure/sci fi movies that interconnect and make us love these classic comic book heroes but in a diff format.

Can I get an Amen?

[​IMG]

#970 TheVision, May 28, 2014
    Last edited: May 28, 2014
  21. Mike Murdock Registered

It does not mean that. It means one fewer movie during Phase 3. Movies take a long time to produce. They haven't even gotten off the ground for Doctor Strange. If Ant-Man doesn't get produced in that slot, there will just be nothing to fill that slot.

22. Krystal Registered

You got it. It's either Ant-Man or we lose a movie and I'm an old person.

So fix it and have it ready by Nov/Dec 2015. Please

23. DrCosmic Professor of Power

Again, from Marvel's perspective, the movie's not broken. The only person who, if rumors are true, thinks the movie in it's current state is broken is Edgar Wright. Marvel just needs a new director who will be on board with the most recent changes to the situation that Wright was not on board with. That's why they have no current plan to push it back.

If they push back, they'll lose all the people they've scheduled, including quality actors. One of the rumors is that Wright was behind schedule... why would they fire a guy for putting it behind schedule and then put it further behind schedule. If they were going to push it back, just keep Wright on.

#973 DrCosmic, May 29, 2014
    Last edited: May 29, 2014
  24. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

Exactly Marvel can't just make a summer blockbuster movie from scratch in less than 12 months.

If Marvel had Doctor Strange or Black Panther anywhere near ready to go I think they would of just announced one of those films for Ant-Man's date and pushed Ant-Man back.

I'm not sure why any Doctor Strange or Black Panther would want marvel to rush out a film for those characters instead of taking a good amount of time to properly plan the best movie for them.

The reality is if they don't meet the window for getting this production started then nothing is going to be made for that release date.

25. seahammer Asgardian

Good points here, Dr. Cosmic.

I hope we hear something about the new director by the end of next week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.