The Official Ant-Man News and Speculation Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If James Gunn directed it Id be really happy. Cant wait for GOTG!

benStillerDoIt.jpg

why would that site post news then delete it? Fn morons

Where exactly is CBM reporting this?
it's not on the front page of their site as a headline.
Is it in the comments section of the Edgar Wright thread ?

Cinemablend article has a link but it's been deleted so it's probably more of CBM's crappy fanfiction.

why would that site post news then delete it? Fn morons

Because they accept articles from any drooling idiot who manages to string a few words together and don't much care if it's accurate, rumor or entirely fabricated.

Gunn said something on Twitter about "waking up to ******** rumors," so...

I thought Gunn already flat out stated that he wouldn't direct Ant-Man on his Facebook page, and that he plans to take a long vacation after GOTG. So where are these rumours suddenly coming from that he's being considered?

An unreliable CBM story that has since been deleted from their site.

I thought Gunn already flat out stated that he wouldn't direct Ant-Man on his Facebook page, and that he plans to take a long vacation after GOTG. So where are these rumours suddenly coming from that he's being considered?

He did uncategorically state that he would not be directing Ant-Man. I don't think he would lie to throw people off the scent, he would just not answer. Things may have changed since he said that, but I'm more inclined to believe that these rumors are just BS.

He did uncategorically state that he would not be directing Ant-Man. I don't think he would lie to throw people off the scent, he would just not answer. Things may have changed since he said that, but I'm more inclined to believe that these rumors are just BS.

What could have changed so much since then? It can't be money, because didn't he compare it to sleeping with your friend's ex just after they have broken up, or something like that? If he's offered more money, does that mean his principles go out of the window?

Se he denied it and folks are thinking he's not telling the truth in his denial?

I want the names of everyone who is denying they will take the project so I can guess who else is lying.

What could have changed so much since then? It can't be money, because didn't he compare it to sleeping with your friend's ex just after they have broken up, or something like that? If he's offered more money, does that mean his principles go out of the window?

Oh don't get me wrong, I don't for a minute think that he's taken or even been offered the job.

I guess I was just trying to be diplomatic and see if there were any rational way there could be some truth to the rumor.

if they did convince Gunn to do it, i could relax some. i wouldn't call myself a fan. but he was a fan of Wright's direction. plus, he has played a shrinking character before.

More like a metric ton of salt! :doh:

On the day Edgar Wright left, James Gunn commented, repeatedly, to say that he would NOT take this directing gig, specifically saying that it'd be like asking out his friend's ex five minutes after they broke up. And today, he's tweeted angrily about this even being a rumor. So this ain't happening.

Oh, CBM...

he only way Gunn could do it if Wright were to ask him to do it. "I can't make the prom please take her for me"---kind of a thing.

With Wright's blessing would be the only way.

Wright's ANNOUNCED blessing. That would be a cool scenario for all involved.

he only way Gunn could do it if Wright were to ask him to do it. "I can't make the prom please take her for me"---kind of a thing.

I hope guys don't actually do that. That's super creepy. :dry:

Gunn won't do it. Stupid rumor. Even if he would, how could he? Handling post-production of GOTG and pre-production of A-M at the same time?

What was that film that Spielberg shot for Kubrick? Was it A.I. ?

Friends have completed projects for friends before in Hollywood. But it is no doubt just a rumor.

What was that film that Spielberg shot for Kubrick? Was it A.I. ?

Friends have completed projects for friends before in Hollywood. But it is no doubt just a rumor.

But that wouldn't be this kind of situation. If Gunn were asked by Wright to complete his film, then, in order to honour him, Gunn would have to film it exactly as Wright wanted it and not to change his vision to what Marvel may now have changed it to. If he did go against Wright's vision, then Wright would not ask him in the first place or endorse him as director. And if he went against Marvel and went with Wright's vision, then Marvel wouldn't be asking Gunn.

So I think Gunn would be in an almost impossible situation here where whatever he does, he's screwed in some way. So it's probably best he doesn't get involved and lets Marvel pick some other director who won't feel there is a conflict of interests.

Yes it was A.I.

And I thought Spielberg mentioned he shot it the way he thought Kubrick might have done.

But of course Kubrick didn't make that movie for a whole different reason that differences with the studio!!

But that wouldn't be this kind of situation. If Gunn were asked by Wright to complete his film, then, in order to honour him, Gunn would have to film it exactly as Wright wanted it and not to change his vision to what Marvel may now have changed it to. If he did go against Wright's vision, then Wright would not ask him in the first place or endorse him as director. And if he went against Marvel and went with Wright's vision, then Marvel wouldn't be asking Gunn.

So I think Gunn would be in an almost impossible situation here where whatever he does, he's screwed in some way. So it's probably best he doesn't get involved and lets Marvel pick some other director who won't feel there is a conflict of interests.

Yeah, it would be tough, unless you lean toward the theory that Wright was let go for another reason than the tone he wanted to use for the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"