The Official Ant-Man News and Speculation Thread - Part 4

Discussion in 'Ant-Man' started by Thread Manager, Jul 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

Yellowjacket became a villain identity when reluctant supervillainess Yellowjacket (Rita DeMara) took it up in the mid 80's.

More Atlanta filming news.

They were filming a scene inside a police station which featured some wanted poster.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

Yep they basically swapped Cross for the villain Dr Nemesis (Michael Stockton) who is pretty much an evil version of Hank Pym who in the comic experimented on Pym, stole his powers and stole a prototype adamantium armoured Ant-Man suit Pym designed.

With the movie Darren Cross they are also creating a direct mirror image with Lang by making both of them Pym's Protégés.

3. Mike Murdock Registered

Is he actually called Yellowjacket or does he just have the suit? Given the tendencies of the movie universe, my guess is he'll just be called Darren Cross.

4. Sockie Registered

I'm not sure what you mean. His character was said to also be Yellowjacket at SDCC.

5. Mike Murdock Registered

OK, that's what I was doublechecking. I didn't recall them specifically say that and I wanted to clarify whether he was called Yellowjacket or just looked like Yellowjacket (or, at least, was yellow).

6. Whiskey Tango Registered

Bad. Ass.

I've been talking up this flicks potential since 2006. It will be nice to finally be vindicated.

Then I can claim my prize and rightful destiny as Lord of the Fanboys!

7. Vartha Mod of Thunder

under the Mod of Thunder of course lol

8. Whiskey Tango Registered

Silence minion!

<.<

>.>

*runs away*

9. Vartha Mod of Thunder

10. guitarsingerguy Who am I?

So the additional arms have like Doc Ock grabbers instead of normal hands it looks like.

11. Endeavor Que bolá con el timbeque?

Lookit all the bugs!
    Loving the YJ design

12. Tony Stark Armored Avenger!

What if Hope and Cross start out being a couple and while he's going after the Yellowjacket technology she tries to stop him and he slaps her across the face?

I can exactly see them going for the type of story line you're talking about.

13. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

I think this movie could do without domestic violence scenes.

14. First Avenger Registered

This movie is shaping up quite nicely. I'm very much looking forward to it.

15. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

Broad Street, Atlanta with more San Francisco street sets for Ant-Man filming.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs Registered

I just can't wait for this movie to rock and be another hit for Marvel. Gonna be funny to watch all these haters change their tunes.

17. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

I think this film will be a lot of fun. I find the hate from some people for this perplexing.

18. Loki882 Registered

I can understand the Pym/Janet fan's frustration. They're FOUNDING Avengers in the comics, Hell Janet came up with the name, but in the MCU it seems like:

-Pym is just an old scientist/mentor and never actually "suit up." Unless we get flashbacks to a younger Pym as Ant Man, or another movie (neither of which are clear at this point).

-Janet may very well be dead before the movie even begins, so her fans get it even worse.

I'll have to see the movie to properly judge the changes, but I can understand why some fans are upset that those characters wont get a chance to truly shine.

19. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

I understand some people not being fans of some of the changes.
    I'm perplexed by the people who seem angry that Ant-Man is being made.

If your not interested in the film then that is fine but you see posters on tumblr and places angry that the film is being made at all. I think most of them are just butt hurt black widow fans who seem to think Ant-Man being made rather than a Black Widow solo film is some grave injustice.

The level of entitlement with some people is baffling.

20. Loki882 Registered

People have their favorites. There are plenty of Ant Man fans who whined that he and Janet weren't in TA instead of BW and Hawkeye. It's not "entitlement," it's personal taste. The fact that Feige already admitted that the only reason why they were making this movie was because one man (Edgar Wright) wanted to make it, and now he's not even involved anymore, probably didn't help matters. Quite honestly I'd much rather see a BW movie than an Ant Man movie. But that doesn't mean that I won't see this (I certainly will) or that it cannot be good.

21. DN91 SSR Agent

At the very least, that can be reconciled if they revealed that she came up with the MCU "Avengers Initiative" name.

22. InternetPeople Petty... and tiny

If Jan is dead, could she die as Wasp during a mission for SHIELD? Pym is Ant-Man from the 70's or whenever and he tries to do hero things that ends up killing Jan. That leads to Pym hanging up the suit, going private and creating resentment of superheroes and labeling them reckless or whatever. Pym's instability from losing his wife/lover because of his own failures could be fun to explore and if Hope is a spitting image of her mother, Pym would be highly protective and would go nuts when she joined the Avengers. Jan could be credited with the Avengers name and both Wasp and Ant-Man would be founding members of the Avengers in this scenario.

That's a lot of story to cram in to appease fanboys of a character who is dead but it could be interesting and set up Pym to go nutty.

23. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

I could see Ant-Man and Wasp going on a mission with Janet dying. Hank blames himself for her death and regrets/resents being a superhero. Pym could hang up his Ant-Man gear believing it is too dangerous for his technology to get out into the world (which could also include the prototype peacekeepers designs for Ultron).

You could have Hank tell Scott that or show it in a flashback.

24. JJ01 Registered

It would be cool if Jan and Hank called themselves ''the Avengers'' back when they were active. Maybe SHIELD tried to recruit them, and either accepted or declined the invitation. Then, Janet dies, Pym quits and years later, Nick comes up with the Avengers initiative, inspired by those 2.

They should bring Janet back from the microverse (I don't think she died), and have her act as the team's government liaison/PR face, and Pym as their Academy's director.

25. Loki882 Registered

I feel like, just from what I've read/heard/seen, merely acknowledging Janet and Hank's past importance won't be nearly good enough for a lot of people since we won't get to actually SEE most of it. A couple of flashbacks will not be sufficient in that regard. MAYBE if Marvel made and entire movie about Hank and Janet kicking ass in the 70's, fans would accept that. But the chances of that happening are unlikely. This is especially true if Janet has already been dead for awhile at the start of the movie. Because not only have you skipped over her entire career as a hero (like with Hank) but it's even worse because you've skipped over her entire life period.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.