The Official Ant-Man News and Speculation Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
There will be people upset at no Janet in the MCU.

And I am one of them. Although it pays to remember that "upset" does not necessarily mean frothing at the mouth in a keyboard-shattering fanboy rage.

There will be people upset at no Janet in the MCU.

There will be. Hell I'm one of them. But in the grand scheme of things I don't think that will impact the box office.

Comic fans like us know and love her but she's not a terribly well known or popular character to mainstream audiences. Not including Hank or Jan certainly didn't hurt The Avengers' box office.

Evangeline Lilly has wrapped on Ant-Man but the production will continue filming until the end of December.

More set pics from last weeks filming.

5lk_Zka_P.jpg

L2aor_CO.jpg

s_Qk9_Fym.jpg

DAg_Gw1r.jpg

Marvel's Feb solicits include the first issue of a prelude to the film, and it confirms that Pym is indeed still Cold War era Ant-Man.

MARVEL’S ANT-MAN PRELUDE #1 (of 2)
WILL CORONA PILGRIM (w)
MIGUEL SEPULVEDA (A)
GET READY FOR MARVEL’S NEXT SMASH HIT FILM WITH THIS OFFICIAL PREQUEL!
• Before Scott Lang becomes Marvel’s shrinking sensation, Dr. Hank Pym will pull on the helmet and leap into action on a death-defying mission that will take him into the icy heart of Cold War East Berlin!
32 PGS./Rated T …$2.99

Atlanta, Georgia doubling for San Francisco, California >>
PWftCKe.jpg

4Mr7uaq.jpg

Marvel's Feb solicits include the first issue of a prelude to the film, and it confirms that Pym is indeed still Cold War era Ant-Man.

Beasts of Berlin? :cwink::awesome:
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/bstber.htm

Scott Lang is getting a prose novel from Marvel as well.

Marvel has announced via a press release that Ant-Man will be the star of one of the publisher's upcoming original prose novels. "Ant-Man: Natural Enemy" will arrive in mid-2015, just before the diminutive Avenger jumps onto the big screen. The full-length novel comes from crime writer Jason Starr ("Wolverine MAX," "Twisted City").

The novel will depict Lang as an ex con, single parent and part-time super hero struggling to adjust to a new city alongside his teenage daughter, Cassie. Ant-Man's chance at a fresh start will be threatened when a figure from his shady past arrives, possibly hoping to steal Lang's size-changing tech.

Judging by the description given, it looks like "Natural Enemy" will exist somewhere outside of comic book continuity. In the comics, Cassie died at the end of "Avengers: The Children's Crusade" just as Scott Lang was resurrected. Lang, who initially died during the events of "Avengers Disassembled," was absent for most of Cassie's teenage years, which saw her become the size-shifting hero called Stature. It's also likely that this novel is set outside of Marvel Cinematic Universe continuity as well, since it has not yet been revealed if Paul Rudd's version of Scott will even have a daughter.

The novel is set to be released on June 3, 2015. The feature film "Ant-Man" will arrive in theaters later that summer on July 17. The novel's announcement comes as Marvel begins to push the previously little-known character to the forefront; Scott Lang also has an ongoing series from writer Nick Spencer and artist Ramon Rosanas that debuts in January.

Official Press Release

Small in Stature. Large in Word Count.

Get Ready for the Ant-Man Original Prose Novel!

Just in time for his silver-screen debut, the Astonishing Ant-Man is making the leap to prose fiction! Prepare for Marvel’s smallest hero in his biggest story yet as he breaks new ground and charts new territory in ANT-MAN: NATURAL ENEMY –an all-new, full length prose novel! Debuting in 2015 from critically acclaimed crime writer Jason Starr (Twisted City,Wolverine MAX), ANT-MAN: NATURAL ENEMY brings all the action of Marvel Comics to the exciting new world of prose fiction!

Meet Scott Lang: ex con, single parent and part-time super hero. Settling in to a new city with his teenage daughter, Cassie, can be hard enough. Yet when a criminal from Scott’s past comes gunning for them, his new beginning is in serious jeopardy. But is the killer after Scott — or the secrets of the Ant-Man technology?

“Marvel’s exciting line of prose novels offer a completely new window into the Marvel Universe,” says Marvel SVP Sales & Marketing David Gabriel. “Whether you’re an Ant-Man fan, or looking to experience a new story featuring the breakout character of 2015, this novel is going to be an exciting thrill ride from cover to cover.”

Pushed to the brink, how far would Scott Lang go to protect his only child? Strap in as the Astonishing Ant-Man embarks on a twisted journey of desperation, secrets and adventure at a microscopic level in ANT-MAN: NATURAL ENEMY – coming in 2015!

ANT-MAN: NATURAL ENEMY PROSE NOVEL HC

Written by JASON STARR

On Sale 06/03/2015!

Last edited:
Prequel comic cover for issue #2 >>

That's not a cover for the prequel comic, it's a variant cover for #2 of the new Scott Lang ongoing. (and it's just using art from that SDCC poster)

Before anyone freaks out about Eve Lilly finishing filming meaning she has a reduced role or something, let's not forget that she's gotta promote the new Hobbit film, so they probably just wrapped up filming her scenes in time to let her do promo stuff for Hobbit.

Question: does anyone think it's possible for us to see a very young hank pump or Janet in Agent Carter? I believe agent carter is set in 1942 or so and Michael Douglas himself was born 2 year after that, and he could easily be portraying a character older than himself by maybe 10 or 20 year. I personally don't have much interest in seeing a 10 year old hank Pam but maybe if he's like a genius college student or something that could be cool. But I feel like it would be a stretch

I don't think there's much chance of Pym being anything other than an infant at the time.

I don't think there's much chance of Pym being anything other than an infant at the time.

Yea, that's why I wish Agent Carter was in the 60s. I could see a young hank pym being portrayed similarly to Beast in X-men DOFP

Before anyone freaks out about Eve Lilly finishing filming meaning she has a reduced role or something, let's not forget that she's gotta promote the new Hobbit film, so they probably just wrapped up filming her scenes in time to let her do promo stuff for Hobbit.

With the delays to filming due to Wrights departure I wouldn't be surprised a number of actors with other commitments filmed scheduled all their scenes to be shot as soon as possible in the production.

Corey Stoll has got to go film another season of The Strain up in Canada as well so I wouldn't be shocked to hear he has wrapped on the production.

Beasts of Berlin? :cwink::awesome:
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/bstber.htm

Scott Lang is getting a prose novel from Marvel as well.

Official Press Release

This sounds interesting. Will it be geared towards adults, teenagers or young readers though? I would want to know the general tone of it and if it has any bad language etc before buying it as a gift.

Yea, that's why I wish Agent Carter was in the 60s. I could see a young hank pym being portrayed similarly to Beast in X-men DOFP

They wouldn't do that because Hayley Atwell would have to spend the entire series in make up otherwise in order to look 20 years older than she was in the 1940s.

This sounds interesting. Will it be geared towards adults, teenagers or young readers though? I would want to know the general tone of it and if it has any bad language etc before buying it as a gift.

They wouldn't do that because Hayley Atwell would have to spend the entire series in make up otherwise in order to look 20 years older than she was in the 1940s.

Yea, 20 years would be a stretch! But then again, Will Smith manages to look the same age as he was 20 years ago :oldrazz:

I can understand the Pym/Janet fan's frustration. They're FOUNDING Avengers in the comics, Hell Janet came up with the name, but in the MCU it seems like:

-Pym is just an old scientist/mentor and never actually "suit up." Unless we get flashbacks to a younger Pym as Ant Man, or another movie (neither of which are clear at this point).

-Janet may very well be dead before the movie even begins, so her fans get it even worse.

I'll have to see the movie to properly judge the changes, but I can understand why some fans are upset that those characters wont get a chance to truly shine.

It can be easily rest conned that Pym WAS the original founder of the Avengers, but buried his work after whatever happened to Janet. But I doubt even that will be enough to satisfy a lot of the rabid fanboys..... :whatever:

^

Agreed. But why would that be a ret-con though? The "Avenger Initiative" was clearly presented as something Fury had knocking about in his mind for quite some time. And even smugly asks Tony whether he thought he was the first. I don't think he was talking only about Cap.

Feige said they built the MCU with Edgar's Ant-Man in mind so clearly they have ideas how Hank and Janet fit in the grand scheme of things.

Ant-Man is a very important character for us. We like that people don’t necessarily know what it is, we like that it sounds sort of strange when you first hear the notion of Ant-Man, or a hero that can shrink, but he’s a very key Marvel character. He’s a key Avenger. He’s an important character we want to bring into our universe

"With Hank Pym's rich history in the Marvel Universe, we knew we needed an actor capable of bringing the weight and stature to the role that the character deserves," said Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige. "We felt incredibly relieved when Michael Douglas agreed to step into the part with the charm and fortitude he brings to every character he inhabits, and couldn't be more excited to see what he will do to bring Hank Pym to life."

We don't know what the wider Marvel plans are involving the characters but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Marvel has given us nothing but reason's to trust them. I'm sure that whatever they have in mind for the character will be excellent.

I just don't understand how any fan of Ant-man can be mad. We are getting an Ant-man movie which is way more then I thought he'd get.

I understand the outrage over janet, if she's not in the movie, but if she is mentioned and pym is a founding member. They why complain? All the dumb little things fans care about are said. But we as fanboys and fangirls are never ever ever happen even if our comic book movies are panel for panel the book we read we are never ever happy.

Just be happy we get an Ant-man I know I am he's a top 5 hero for me and just to see him on the big screen is more then I'd thought.

And why complain about whether hank pym puts on the suit or not I'd just be happy we have such a great actor playing him elder in age or not.

I feel as if I'm the only person happy we get both pym and Lang and I mean the cast for this movie is amazing(maybe my favorite marvel cast ever)

So can we all just be happy we actually get an Ant-man movie.

I'm more of a Hank Pym fan than an Ant Man fan. Ant Man is my least favorite of Hank's personnas. I could care less about Scott Lang.
Still glad to be getting any Hank in the MCU. Micheal Douglas will rock this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"