The Official Ant-Man News and Speculation Thread - Part 4

Discussion in 'Ant-Man' started by Thread Manager, Jul 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr. Evil Registered

There will be people upset at no Janet in the MCU.

2. Whiskey Tango Registered

And I am one of them. Although it pays to remember that "upset" does not necessarily mean frothing at the mouth in a keyboard-shattering fanboy rage.

3. MbJ Registered

There will be. Hell I'm one of them. But in the grand scheme of things I don't think that will impact the box office.

Comic fans like us know and love her but she's not a terribly well known or popular character to mainstream audiences. Not including Hank or Jan certainly didn't hurt The Avengers' box office.

4. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

Retro Ant-Man game
    [YT]/kSJuLiinpZY[/YT]

5. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

Evangeline Lilly has wrapped on Ant-Man but the production will continue filming until the end of December.

More set pics from last weeks filming.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Sockie Registered

Marvel's Feb solicits include the first issue of a prelude to the film, and it confirms that Pym is indeed still Cold War era Ant-Man.

7. LEOZZTT Registered

Atlanta, Georgia doubling for San Francisco, California >>
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

Beasts of Berlin? :cwink::awesome:
    http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/bstber.htm

Scott Lang is getting a prose novel from Marvel as well.

Official Press Release

#983 chamber-music, Nov 18, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
  9. LEOZZTT Registered

Prequel comic cover for issue #2 >>
    [​IMG]

10. Sockie Registered

That's not a cover for the prequel comic, it's a variant cover for #2 of the new Scott Lang ongoing. (and it's just using art from that SDCC poster)

11. DN91 SSR Agent

Before anyone freaks out about Eve Lilly finishing filming meaning she has a reduced role or something, let's not forget that she's gotta promote the new Hobbit film, so they probably just wrapped up filming her scenes in time to let her do promo stuff for Hobbit.

12. Stormz96 WE did it.

Question: does anyone think it's possible for us to see a very young hank pump or Janet in Agent Carter? I believe agent carter is set in 1942 or so and Michael Douglas himself was born 2 year after that, and he could easily be portraying a character older than himself by maybe 10 or 20 year. I personally don't have much interest in seeing a 10 year old hank Pam but maybe if he's like a genius college student or something that could be cool. But I feel like it would be a stretch

13. Stormz96 WE did it.

**Hank Pym, not Hank Pump (darn autocorrect)

14. Sockie Registered

I don't think there's much chance of Pym being anything other than an infant at the time.

15. Stormz96 WE did it.

Yea, that's why I wish Agent Carter was in the 60s. I could see a young hank pym being portrayed similarly to Beast in X-men DOFP

16. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

With the delays to filming due to Wrights departure I wouldn't be surprised a number of actors with other commitments filmed scheduled all their scenes to be shot as soon as possible in the production.

Corey Stoll has got to go film another season of The Strain up in Canada as well so I wouldn't be shocked to hear he has wrapped on the production.

17. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

This sounds interesting. Will it be geared towards adults, teenagers or young readers though? I would want to know the general tone of it and if it has any bad language etc before buying it as a gift.

They wouldn't do that because Hayley Atwell would have to spend the entire series in make up otherwise in order to look 20 years older than she was in the 1940s.

18. Stormz96 WE did it.

Yea, 20 years would be a stretch! But then again, Will Smith manages to look the same age as he was 20 years ago :oldrazz:

19. CaptainWagner Not Today

It can be easily rest conned that Pym WAS the original founder of the Avengers, but buried his work after whatever happened to Janet. But I doubt even that will be enough to satisfy a lot of the rabid fanboys..... :whatever:

20. fixxxer ...goes to 11

^

Agreed. But why would that be a ret-con though? The "Avenger Initiative" was clearly presented as something Fury had knocking about in his mind for quite some time. And even smugly asks Tony whether he thought he was the first. I don't think he was talking only about Cap.

21. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

Feige said they built the MCU with Edgar's Ant-Man in mind so clearly they have ideas how Hank and Janet fit in the grand scheme of things.

We don't know what the wider Marvel plans are involving the characters but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

22. Whiskey Tango Registered

The nerve of some people wanting to see their favorite characters get their time in the spotlight, right? How dare they?

23. Flint Marko Bring me Thanos

Marvel has given us nothing but reason's to trust them. I'm sure that whatever they have in mind for the character will be excellent.

24. culver3vlr22 Registered

I just don't understand how any fan of Ant-man can be mad. We are getting an Ant-man movie which is way more then I thought he'd get.

I understand the outrage over janet, if she's not in the movie, but if she is mentioned and pym is a founding member. They why complain? All the dumb little things fans care about are said. But we as fanboys and fangirls are never ever ever happen even if our comic book movies are panel for panel the book we read we are never ever happy.

Just be happy we get an Ant-man I know I am he's a top 5 hero for me and just to see him on the big screen is more then I'd thought.

And why complain about whether hank pym puts on the suit or not I'd just be happy we have such a great actor playing him elder in age or not.

I feel as if I'm the only person happy we get both pym and Lang and I mean the cast for this movie is amazing(maybe my favorite marvel cast ever)

So can we all just be happy we actually get an Ant-man movie.

25. VictorShade Registered

I'm more of a Hank Pym fan than an Ant Man fan. Ant Man is my least favorite of Hank's personnas. I could care less about Scott Lang.
    Still glad to be getting any Hank in the MCU. Micheal Douglas will rock this!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.