The Official Ant-Man News and Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey mk, mind sending me a msg to that link? I'm curious to read it but don't really know of any "other" sites.

I'm not sure i'm onboard with using Hank/Ant-Man as comedy relief in the MCU. I can see the temptation to go that route, but feel it would be a diservice to over 50 yrs of the character. Hank's characterization should be very serious. With the absence of Reed Richards in the MCU, Hank would be THE premier scientific mind in the MCU. The guy people like Banner and Stark respect, look up to. Room for the comedic element is there with Hank's 'un-ability' to deal normal/mundane/fun things, due to his super serious nature.
I'm telling you, he's so 'serial', like man-bear-pig.

Considering the Ant-Man test footage showed him flipping about, punching people and Edgar has said Ant-Man is an ass kicker I don't think they will go with an actor who isn't believable as an action lead.

Edgar Wright has said before Ant-Man will be the same tone as the rest of Marvels movies. There will be comedy as there is in all Marvel Studios films but Ant-Man won't be a parody or straight up comedy playing the character for laughs.

I'm still hoping Marvel and Edgar go with someone like Lee Pace who can do comedy, action and dramatic acting as comfortably as other Marvel actors like Robert Downey Junior, Chris Pratt, Chris Evans, ect.

Last edited:
Then again, we don't know if that was a representation of Hank or Lang in the test footage. Lang may have a more 'physical' aproach to things where Hank has a more 'intellectual' approach.

I like that we're gonna have another full masked hero, like Iron Man. They look good on screen.

I think Indiana Jones is a good template. That character is intellectual but also physical.

I'm not sure i'm onboard with using Hank/Ant-Man as comedy relief in the MCU. I can see the temptation to go that route, but feel it would be a diservice to over 50 yrs of the character. Hank's characterization should be very serious. With the absence of Reed Richards in the MCU, Hank would be THE premier scientific mind in the MCU. The guy people like Banner and Stark respect, look up to.

neither look up to him in the books. Stark basically said that Pym needed to be coddled in his Civil War files. Banner doesn't even seem to know that Pym exists; focusing his envy on Stark. heck, they all pretty much turned their backs on him when forming the Illuminati.

neither look up to him in the books. Stark basically said that Pym needed to be coddled in his Civil War files. Banner doesn't even seem to know that Pym exists; focusing his envy on Stark. heck, they all pretty much turned their backs on him when forming the Illuminati.

I believe it was the Beyonder that declared that Hank was earths 'Scientist Supreme'. Saying that Stark is a tinkerer, Richards was basically a researcher,...but Pym does it all.

Hank always gets the short end of the stick in terms of acknowledgement because of the whole wife beating thing and being a mental mess.

Plus he gets the short end of the stick because his a less popular character and hasn't had a solo ongoing in decades which limits his storylines to team books mostly.

Pym is a scientific genius and one of the smartest people in the Marvel Universe. He is smarter than Beast. Stark has turned to Pym for advice and worked with him to come up with scientific solutions often in the comics.

Dexter's only got one more season left - I'd love to see Michael C. Hall in the MCU and Pym is as good a character as any.

I believe it was the Beyonder that declared that Hank was earths 'Scientist Supreme'. Saying that Stark is a tinkerer, Richards was basically a researcher,...but Pym does it all.

you're thinking of Eternity. and it was Loki in disguise; playing to Pym's ego.

Wow that does look a lot like Michael lol.

But I've never seen him in anything outside of Dexter so I don't know about his ability to play emotionally unstable/eccentric characters like Pym and Lang.

http://www.panelsonpages.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/antman.jpg

unrelated but i've always thought that scott lang's action figure bore some resemblance to Michael C Hall. the face seems based on him.

I've always thought the same thing too. Sentry's Marvel Legends figure seems to be based on Neal McDonagh.

sentry3.jpg

i've always thought the scott lang figure looks like Eric Christian Olsen (The Loop, Not another teen movie, The Thing, Fired Up, NCIS LA)

He's my choice for either Pym or Lang

i've always thought the scott lang figure looks like Eric Christian Olsen (The Loop, Not another teen movie, The Thing, Fired Up, NCIS LA)

He's my choice for either Pym or Lang

i see the resemblance. but Olsen could pass as a young Michael C Hall. coincidentally, Eric Christian Olsen has always been my choice for a live-action Eric O'Grady. he has played very similar characters in the past/tends to play younger than he is.

i see the resemblance. but Olsen could pass as a young Michael C Hall. coincidentally, Eric Christian Olsen has always been my choice for a live-action Eric O'Grady. he has played very similar characters in the past/tends to play younger than he is.

Any of the 3 ant men, i just want to see him in a scene with Evans, Not Another Teen Movie reunion!

http://www.panelsonpages.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/antman.jpg

unrelated but i've always thought that scott lang's action figure bore some resemblance to Michael C Hall. the face seems based on him.

Now that you mention it, that's pretty uncanny.

Wow that does look a lot like Michael lol.

But I've never seen him in anything outside of Dexter so I don't know about his ability to play emotionally unstable/eccentric characters like Pym and Lang.

The guy's such a good actor though, he'd have no problem with that imo. His character in Six Feet Under couldnt have been more different from Dex.

i didn't like him in Gamer. but he's great in Dexter. they literally couldn't have found a better person to play the character.

Chris O'Dowd. the 3rd actor from Dinner from Schmucks to be rumored for the movie (Paul Rudd and Stephanie Szostak were the other two).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"