The Official Ant-Man News and Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its easy go the route of Dr.Octopus in Spiderman two.
The Arms in that movie were invented more out of neccesity for him to
do his experiments so after that there was no real need for explaination.

Have him as a scientist working with nano bots and what not and working on
the ability of making things smaller for experimental purposes you can even have him experimenting with insects(Ants)and trying to use them and control them for experimenatl purposes on nano bots or as an alternative to nanobots.

He decided to use Ants because of their work ethics and the ability to carry loads and such.Thus winning him the name of Ant-Man from his peers.Until things backfire and he becomes small and have this tremdous action scene of the Ants trying to attack him him.
He then grows large again and this time use the device he has been using to control them.
In other words don't just come out with the whole Super hero purpose to begin with.
Take Ironman 1 for instance he was always able to create the outfit but it wasn't until he had to that he did.then afterwards he just improved on it.

Same thing here.

Isn't that pretty much the comic origin of Ant-Man with the early Tales to Astonish #27 story "The Man in the Ant Hill"? He was just a regular guy who shrunk down and had ants and bees chasing him. This was before Henry Pym even became Ant-Man but was a science fiction comic story that predated any of his identities.

BTW I do think that Wright should go for Pym. His origin story is just as interesting as Scott Lang's. Pym has so much more history to him, and as a result of A:EMH probably more people know Pym as Ant-Man than Scott Lang (even though they did that "To Steal an Ant-Man" episode). That was one show out of the whole series and where for the majority, Pym was the lead character. Lang was just a guest appearance really.

Last edited:
Isn't that pretty much the comic origin of Ant-Man with the early Tales to Astonish #27 story "The Man in the Ant Hill"? He was just a regular guy who shrunk down and had ants and bees chasing him. This was before Henry Pym even became Ant-Man but was a science fiction comic story that predated any of his identities.

BTW I do think that Wright should go for Pym. His origin story is just as interesting as Scott Lang's. Pym has so much more history to him, and as a result of A:EMH probably more people know Pym as Ant-Man than Scott Lang (even though they did that "To Steal an Ant-Man" episode). That was one show out of the whole series and where for the majority, Pym was the lead character. Lang was just a guest appearance really.
Pym deserves it by far.Save Scott for a future story that's the probelm with Superhero movies they try to do it all at once.

Pym deserves it by far.Save Scott for a future story that's the probelm with Superhero movies they try to do it all at once.

exactly. especially with Ultron

Lang can be around 2017...with Cassie. I'd love a nod to Young Avengers.

Both Wright and Pegg tweeted yesterday that The World's End finished shooting. Also, Pegg posted a still from the movie
theworldsend.jpeg

so it won't be long now until they start Ant-Man

Did the comic con footage ever makes its way online?

I would love if Eddie Marsden and Paddy Considine played villains in Ant-Man. Both of them are great actors and have played good intimidating psychopaths before.

I have a feeling whoever the villain may be, he will be played by Simon Pegg.

Can't believe I never noticed Ant-Man had his own section now. Awesome!

I think Wright and Marvel should Doctor Who composer Murray Gold to score Ant-Man.

I think his musical compositions would suit a superhero movie and his not as overexposed as Danny Elfman.

[YT]K7VmOZ4Ppj8[/YT]

Last edited:
First time I've heard that. I hummed "I'm the Doctor, Doctor who, yes, I'm the Doctor, Doctor who, yes." to that song. Wow. Just finished it and I agree that he would make a good composer for the film.

I would love if Eddie Marsden and Paddy Considine played villains in Ant-Man. Both of them are great actors and have played good intimidating psychopaths before.

I actually wouldn't mind Paddy Considine as Ant-Man, I think he would be an inspired choice.

I think Wright and Marvel should Doctor Who composer Murray Gold to score Ant-Man.

I think his musical compositions would suit a superhero movie and his not as overexposed as Danny Elfman.

[YT]K7VmOZ4Ppj8[/YT]

Did he compose this? Because this theme is so beautiful it makes me want to cry:
[YT]GNK291kugdo[/YT]

Yes, all the modern Doctor Who music is done by Murray Gold.

I like how passionate Marvel are about making an Ant-Man film

Marvel co-president Louis D'Esposito
D'Esposito continued, “I was there when he made the test reel. I now know how it works and it's going very methodical and planned. First, he designed the concept, then the storyboard, then he produced an animatic, so he knows exactly what he'll turn. Every morning we visited him, and he had added new material, which we then looked at together. He is a passionate filmmaker and it that's contagious. We've only looked at it yesterday and every time we see it, then we think, ‘Wow! We can not wait to make this film!’”

That makes me think they must really thing Edgar has something worthwhile if they are excited about it and willing to stick by him this long to make the film.

Not that I've heard of.

I think Edgar is still probably fininshing post-production on The Worlds End.

Depending on when they start shooting I think the earliest we will hear casting is either spring or the begining of summer.

Not that I've heard of.

I think Edgar is still probably fininshing post-production on The Worlds End.

Depending on when they start shooting I think the earliest we will hear casting is either spring or the begining of summer.
Given the release date of November 2015, I actually don't think we'll be hearing about casting until late 2013 at the earliest.

HOWEVER, if Ant-Man and Wasp are going to show up before the Ant-Man movie in Avengers 2, we could very well hear about it earlier!

Simon Pegg tweeted that Ant-Man was Edgar's next movie while they were filming the worlds end and with all the prep Edgar has already done I think its possible they might film summer or fall of this year and then spend late 2013/ early in post-production as Ant-Man is going to be an effects heavy film.

Whoever made this, not sure how they did it. The image is obviously fake, but it could certainly be a great shot from an ant-man movie

tumblr_mb7ahpXyqH1rd5tnfo1_1280.jpg

Simon Pegg tweeted that Ant-Man was Edgar's next movie while they were filming the worlds end and with all the prep Edgar has already done I think its possible they might film summer or fall of this year and then spend late 2013/ early in post-production as Ant-Man is going to be an effects heavy film.
I mean, that would make sense if the release date was November 2014 (which many of us were hoping for in the first place). But with a release date of November 2015, what's the hurry? And why does the movie need to have nearly two years of post-production? I also just have huge doubts that this film would be in production before Guardians of the Galaxy AND the Avengers sequel, two very crucial movies that they need to get right. (In fact, I feel like they're behind on GOTG.) And I mean, what prep has Wright done? There hasn't been any casting done, and just last summer they said they were still trying to get the script right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"