Batman '89 The Official Batman (1989) Thread - Part 6

Just got the hardcover of the comic adaptation, and admittedly I'm a little irked by the B&W page, color page, B&W page, color page, B&W page, color page format.

Although at least I know this story like the back of my hand, so it's not like I have to worry about it killing the pacing for me. I'm still thrilled to finally have it.

so is the format with one colored page, and then followed by a B&W version of the same page?
i'm sort of tempted to get it since that ordway artwork was very good.

so is the format with one colored page, and then followed by a B&W version of the same page?
i'm sort of tempted to get it since that ordway artwork was very good.
Yeah. And, don't get me wrong, it looks good.

It's just... they couldn't have divided it into all color and then all B&W afterwards? Like literally every other collected edition that has done this sort of thing?

yea that seems like it would get confusing to read too. lol
that art in b&w would look cool tho

Honestly, I'm not all that interested in a B89/BR continuation series that doesn't involve any of the creatives from the films.

It's not like 66, where the series covered a good chunk of rogues gallery and had a pretty long run, so the writers/artist behind the comic would have a lot to go off of in terms of filling in blanks and extending that universe. We have two 2-hour movies to go off of with Burton. I don't think that's enough of a foundation to figure out what his Riddler, Robin, Batgirl, Bane, Harley Quinn, Ra's Al Ghul, etc. would be. Especially considering that his Penguin and Catwoman were so different from the main continuity.

Around 50,000 people signed this.
tumblr_nt0v5uLAH91tnt8s9o1_500.jpg

I remember the fuss. Thank goodness no one listened.

thank the lord there was no internet or social media back then.
keaton was an outside the box casting decision that worked wonders.

A fun BBFC (British Board of Film Classification) piece from 1989, discussing their concerns with the films violence and the need for something between a 'PG' and '15' classification.

BATMAN (1989) - BBFC

A fun BBFC (British Board of Film Classification) piece from 1989, discussing their concerns with the films violence and the need for something between a 'PG' and '15' classification.

BATMAN (1989) - BBFC
That's really interesting, thanks for sharing! :up:

I remember Batman being rated '12' when it first came out, although the DVD is rated '15'. I read somewhere that the reason for that is that some of the more 'horrific' scenes (Joker's hand-buzzer kill, I guess) could be paused on a home viewing, making them potentially more frightening! Don't know if that's true! :yay:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"