Batman '89 The Official Batman (1989) Thread - Part 6

This is something I've always wanted so count me in.

Hamm better get Selina's voice just right. His original vision for Catwoman was off.

YES!!! This news made my day, my whole week, hell maybe even my whole month

I remember a few years back there were rumors of a comic continuation of Burton’s Batman and I am very happy to see that it’s going to finally happen

Hamm better get Selina's voice just right. His original vision for Catwoman was off.
Are we talking his draft for Returns? If so, I have to imagine he’ll be looking at the actual final product there, rather than something from the development stage 30 years ago.

And even if he slips, I would hope the book’s editors, who are well aware of the nostalgia they’re tapping into here, would get him back on the right track.

Hamm being the writer for this kind of threw me, to be honest. Not sure if he is the best choice for a new comic? I don’t know.
I see him as a little bit of a wildcard. He doesn’t have enough of a recent output for me to discern whether or not this is the right move.

But as he’s someone who actually had a hand in crafting B89, I’m going to look at it optimistically.

I see him as a little bit of a wildcard. He doesn’t have enough of a recent output for me to discern whether or not this is the right move.

But as he’s someone who actually had a hand in crafting B89, I’m going to look at it optimistically.

Exactly. I feel like he might have been better for this in more of an advisory role rather than as the main writer, but we'll see.

If anything, I think this news is gonna make me seek out Hamm’s “Blind Justice” arc with Denys Cowan on DCU Infinite.

And even if he slips, I would hope the book’s editors, who are well aware of the nostalgia they’re tapping into here, would get him back on the right track.

There were a few questionable moments in the recent Batman: The Adventures Continue mini-series that fans grumbled about and that was literally written by Paul Dini and Alan Burnett. That too was edited by Andrew Marino.

I'm not sure how fond Hamm is of Batman Returns, so I'll approach that aspect with some caution for now.

Also, lordy, look at this artwork (by Vladislav Pantic). Hopefully Quinones is on the same page in regards to Selina:

I've wanted this series since Batman 66. I was annoyed when concept art for a proposed Batman 89 was revealed that was going 'nowhere', so I'm ecstatic right now! The character designs look great.

AND IT'S THE SAME ARTIST! Surely this is all gearing up for The Flash, what next... Keaton voicing an animated movie?

Superman 78 is a nice bonus too

Last edited:
what next... Keaton voicing an animated movie?
I've wanted Keaton-voiced animated movies since I don't know how long, but the comics news is great. If we get a Keaton-voiced animation too? :thud:

Seems like this will be going the obvious route by showing Billy Dee Williams’s Harvey Dent becoming Two Face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"