The Official Batman Forever Thread - Part 2

Discussion in 'Batman World' started by BatmanRules33, Apr 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. majcvd49

majcvd49 Member

2. Two-Face

Two-Face Harvey Dent

I remember this because I used to have stickers that included with the book as well. How come this in the special edition?

3. OutRiddled

OutRiddled Well-Known Member

Frank Gorshin is The Riddler, no question. :woot: Jim Carrey was being Jim Carrey (a criticism often levelled at Jack Nicholson's Joker which just isn't true).

4. theman

theman Well-Known Member

what exactly is wrong with carrey being himself? he like all the other actors put a lot of himself into the role which fits the character great. I cant even imagine riddler any other way. jack still defines the joker for me.

5. Two-Face

Two-Face Harvey Dent

Yeah i love Jim Carrey in movies been himself and that's rare talent to have these days. Not many people can be themselfs and be character as well.

6. Young Superman

Young Superman The Last Son of Krypton

The Batman Forever panther suit would have looked awesomem without the nipples, ans if Kilmer could have moved his head.

7. OutRiddled

I watched this again last night. This movie is truly the zeitgeist of 90's pop culture.

I like how the movie starts - it's like BAM!.. here's Batman getting ready then BAM! here's Two-Face.. no time for exposition, just a short speech to establish the character, then it jumps straight into the action. It's for hyper 5 year olds but at least it's entertaining. :woot: Then you have Nicole Kidman bearing cleavage with the saxophone music playing and all of this fetish stuff coming into it. This movie has something for everybody.

I can only take his performance in small doses. I am glad that he didn't appear as the Riddler until halfway through the film, otherwise it would have been too much.

Honestly, I never cared about the nipples. I don't get what's the big deal about them.

8. jacobed

jacobed Well-Known Member

Joker was definintely Nicholson just being himself unchained basically same with Carey. Did anyone catch Kilmer on Life's Too Short, man alive its funny

9. Two-Face

Two-Face Harvey Dent

I love opening sequence, Bruce suiting up one of the best scenes then fires up the Batmobile. We see Two-Face holding a cop in the Second National Bank of Gotham. Classic!

10. Young Superman

Agreed.

P.S Am I who liked the BF Batmobile?

11. Pfeiffer-Pfan

Pfeiffer-Pfan Cool Rider

No I liked it... It's not an absolute favourite but it works very well in the film.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
  12. titansupes

titansupes Well-Known Member

Same and same. I was very young at the time, so it was quite a thing seeing 'a new Batmobile!'.

13. Pfeiffer-Pfan

Pfeiffer-Pfan Cool Rider

My favourite is still the Burton Batmobile though... I list them as:

1.) Burton Batmobile
    2.) TAS/TNBA Batmobile
    3.) 60's Batmobile
    4.) The Tumbler
    5.) Forever Batmobile
    6.) Batman & Robin Batmobile

And the rest.

14. Elevator Man

Elevator Man Well-Known Member

I remember this. I actually had one that I cut one out from a newspaper. It had Peter Travers and another critic praising it. It was so long ago. I think I lost it or accidentally threw it away.

15. Young Superman

in my opinion, the tumbler is cool, but bruce and fox should have put bat-fines on it, too give it more of a batmoblie look.

16. OutRiddled

I had almost the whole set of those cards, but not that one. The embossed shiny ones and the holographic cards looked awesome. I especially loved all of the Two-Face cards.

[​IMG]

Yeah I love that. You don't have to wait until the movie is almost over before seeing Two-Face. I call TDK mainly a Harvey Dent movie. Batman Forever is a Two-Face movie and you get to see him terrorising Gotham and laying traps for Batman.

That's why, unlike others, I like Tommy Lee Jones Two-Face and always will.

I love it, it's very sleek looking.

Batman & Robin had way too much glowing colours and lights which at least fit in with all the neon.

17. Young Superman

Which BF Batsuit does everyone like better, the "panter" suit or the "sonic" suit?

18. titansupes

titansupes Well-Known Member

^ I would've liked the panther suit more if they didn't have the nipples (of course), and if it was overall a little less 'muscled', particularly the abs section. It just seems a little too 'sexy' for Batman. Other than that, it's very good, I think. (And Kilmer's eyes are too close together and make him look distractingly cross-eyed, but that's not the suits fault).

I like the sonar suit, too. I'd be interested to see what that would look like in black. (And this goes for the panther suit too, without the cape clasps).

19. OutRiddled

The panther suit looks awesome, it's like an updating of Michael Keaton's suit from Batman '89. Except it looks far more sleeker.

The nipples never bothered me, so I don't understand the nerd rage over that at all.

[​IMG]

20. BatLobsterRises

BatLobsterRises Lobsterized

Holy crap. It's unbelievable, the immediate rush of nostalgia just from seeing this newspaper ad.

21. Two-Face

Two-Face Harvey Dent

It was the first one I saw in a theme park so yeah I have soft spot for it I like it.

I like the panter suit a lot and the sonic suit looks too shiny for my liking.

I loved other vehicles in the film like the Batwing and the Robin uses the Batboat.

22. Drizzle

Drizzle I got my cake.

I'm getting it from the Warner Bros Studio Store tag at the bottom. Remember those? There were in a ton of shopping malls. Now they only exist in the Six Flags parks.

23. BatLobsterRises

BatLobsterRises Lobsterized

Oh yeah, for sure. I used to always beg to go in there when I was at the mall with my mom. I remember seeing the Batman & Robin trailer for the first time on one of the big screens in a WB Store. And thinking it looked...awesome! :woot:

24. Lead Cenobite

Lead Cenobite Exquisitely Empty

I admit there are aspects of that blog that stretch certain similarities, but you're the opposite extreme. You're such a comic purist you fail to realize that the comics are anything but pure, that there's inconsistencies in characterization and details, that they change, that the Batman of today is not the Batman of 1939 and the character's core was not always about his no-kill rule. Not even the Nolan films adhered to it completely.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
  25. StarLord

StarLord Laughing

''Hi Freeze...I'm Batman.'' Lol.

Worst. Ever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.