The Official Batman Forever Thread - Part 2

Discussion in 'Batman World' started by Thread Manager, Mar 29, 2014.

1. StarWars

StarWars Registered

[​IMG]

#351 StarWars, Jan 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  2. StarWars

StarWars Registered

3. I Am The Knight

I Am The Knight Tonight's a good night.

That one is cool.

4. StarWars

StarWars Registered

5. StarWars

StarWars Registered

6. StarWars

StarWars Registered

[​IMG]

Is it cool if I post my manips here on this thread ??? I dont know where else to post them....

Always fascinated with Tim Burton's Batman Forever if he actually made the third one.

http://burtonsbatman3.weebly.com/fan-art.html

#356 StarWars, Jan 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  7. StarWars

StarWars Registered

8. StarWars

StarWars Registered

9. TMC1982

TMC1982 Registered

10. Indy Flash

Indy Flash Archeological Speedster

11. Herofan

Herofan Registered

I think it's cool that Edward Nygma was crazy and jerkish throughout the movie, a pretty common trend is to make the villain, at least if they're not Joker-level evil, sympathetic, at least their origin. Nygma had the slightest bit of sympathetic in his beginning but not really, more bad guy from the beginning, but Carrey's energy and presence (and past roles) still made him somewhat likeable in a way.
    Jones as Two-Face isn't good acting but he's a lot better if you pretend Two-Face was an original character or only appeared in the comics a handful of times in the '40s and '50s and didn't appear since.

#361 Herofan, May 22, 2017
    Last edited: May 22, 2017
  12. Herofan

Herofan Registered

I also think Chase's Catwoman joke kind of implies that she's in prison or Arkham Asylum.

13. BH/HHH

BH/HHH You Are My World

Watching this one right now, have to say it's still very 90s but I still really like it. Kilmer is underrated in the dual-roles of Bruce Wayne and Batman.

The films not without its issues move, I still think some of the choices like Two Face's characterisation and look are utterly terrible. Also the brain waves plot? Who thought that was a good idea. I really think if this had a more grounded villain scheme, a better written Two Face (cause we know TLC definitely has the acting chops) and the Bruce Wayne arc that was cut remained this one would be more fondly remembered.

#364 BH/HHH, Jul 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  14. shauner111

shauner111 Registered

Right on the money. ^

15. Milk Tray Guy

Milk Tray Guy 70s Man of Action

Batman Forever is one of my favourite Batman films. It's not perfect, but then neither are Batman '89 or Batman Returns. I think Kilmer did a great job in both roles. I wish he'd done another and that Schumacher had been allowed to tell his darker tale - the outtakes look really interesting (still trying to lay my hands on a copy of the 'Red Book' edition). I honestly feel that if the crapfest that is Batman & Robin hadn't been made Batman Forever wouldn't get anywhere near the hard time that it gets now - for me a classic case of the baby being thrown out with the bathwater.

16. BH/HHH

BH/HHH You Are My World

Yeah they seem to get lumped in together I've noticed. It isn't Batman Forevers fault that Batman & Robin was so awful, it was whoever was making decisions at the times fault. Really the tone of BF is at a good level, they could have kept that to be for the fourth film and actually took a few years on it rather than rushing it the way they did.

I don't know if true but I heard because they were so intent on rushing it into production that's why Kilmer didn't return. Because he was working on the Saint at the time.

17. Milk Tray Guy

Milk Tray Guy 70s Man of Action

I completely agree with you.

18. marvelrobbins

marvelrobbins Registered

Kilmer is very underated as batman.

thing is it's clear schumacher really didn't want kilmer back.they bent over backwords for clooney's schedule but couldn't wait for kilmer a couple of months and never informed him when he signed to do the saint they were planning to do another batman film so quickly.

19. Tvar10

Tvar10 Who the hell is Bucky?

The child in me loves this movie. I remember being 7 years old in the movie theater. I collected all the Batman figures, posters, McDonalds cups and everything. Val will always be considered one of my favorite Batman. Hes very underrated, and for what he was given did a great job. Everyone gives a hard time over the bat nipples, but the sonar suit was and still is awesome in my eyes.

Im 30 years old now and see the film has many faults, but it is still enjoyable and I still love Val's performance and look in the batsuit

20. Awest66

Awest66 Registered

I actually rewatched this movie a few weeks ago.

It's certainly not without it's problems (inability to maintain a consistent tone, awful characterization of Two-Face) but it's a harmless, enjoyable movie overall

21. Spider-Aziz

Spider-Aziz Not the Voice You Know

I think it's worse than Batman & Robin as a movie, and find both to be enjoyable for different reasons.

22. StarLord

StarLord Hunting

[YT]CtBca6H6Teg[/YT]

23. 007

007 Registered

Aaron eckhart gave a career best performance as two face.

Tlj it has to said two face is probably his worst role. I don't blame him. I blame the script and how the character was written

Overall I don't hate forever. Its just nowhere near Burtons masterpieces. But that's what you get when you aim the character towards children.

Kilmer was a a pretty decent Bruce Wayne, no. Mike keston, but a shoddy batman.

Overall I'd give it about a five, its coherent and wasnt a film aimed for adults but it just about scrapes OK.

COD was actually alright as well. Really don't understand why they made his character so annoying and unwatchable in the sequel.

24. TMC1982

TMC1982 Registered