Batman Forever The Official Batman Forever Thread - Part 2

Call me cynical, but I feel like the main reason that he singled out the Goldenthal score for praise is because it offers up less of a challenge than the Elfman one in being seen as the most iconic/definitive in the public consciousness. I mean it's like if John Lennon were being asked by a teenbeat magazine to offer up some kind words about another band back in the sixties. He'd have hardly picked the Stones to bestow praise upon, instead settling for a comparatively nothing band like the Hollies lol.

That being said, I love the Goldenthal score. It's so bombastic and ott. Whenever I see a comic book panel that has the Batmobile rocketing down the street, I hear the Goldenthal march in the back of my mind. I think his Batman theme lends itself the most to that image.

4k scan of a 35mm film reel of the trailer

I don't know if anyone else here gets a kick out of this kind of thing as much as I do, but there's something magical and nostalgic about a beat up film print to me. Instantly brings me right back to sitting in the movie theater as a kid.

4k scan of a 35mm film reel of the trailer

I don't know if anyone else here gets a kick out of this kind of thing as much as I do, but there's something magical and nostalgic about a beat up film print to me. Instantly brings me right back to sitting in the movie theater as a kid.

Having some sort of an old fart mentality when it comes to how movies should look like, not being fond of all that nowaday quest for super sharp images and other 60 fps non-sense, I really liked that ! I just love the retro grainy film look...

The end of the trailer is funny though, it really looks like Batman is piloting the helicopter, giving a thumb up before crashing ahah

Last edited:
I watched this on 4K Blu-Ray yesterday and it looked great. I have always liked this movie. Val Kilmer is great Batman. I really hope we get the extented cut at some point.

The sonar suit is one of the best Batsuits:
m0ce23le1mk51.jpg

I watched this on 4K Blu-Ray yesterday and it looked great. I have always liked this movie. Val Kilmer is great Batman. I really hope we get the extented cut at some point.

The sonar suit is one of the best Batsuits:
m0ce23le1mk51.jpg

I always forget how good the Design of Forever was, the suit, the batmobile, the gadgets etc.

The upcoming Hot Toys figures look great:
HTY-904950SET-2.jpg

Maybe the colors of Robin's suit are a bit too bright but they look good.

The Codpiece on the Robin suit always looked weird, but other than that...look at them.
I so would love for Hot Toys to do all the figures and Batmobile.
A Two Face or Riddler would be really neat.

Robert Pattinson seems to defend these movies:
The Batman's Robert Pattinson Explains Why He Wanted To Play Bruce Wayne

“Out of all the comic-book characters and that kind of movie, I’ve seen every single one of the [Batman] movies in the cinema, which I can’t really say I’ve done for any other series,” said Pattinson. “I was always really looking forward to them coming out. There was the combination of just being so attracted to it, but also feeling like it’d had a lot of movies made about it, and none of them are bad movies. People kind of s*** on some of them, but they’re not actually bad. They all kind of completely achieve what they set out to achieve, and they’re all really interesting, according to their time and place. I don’t know. I just had a weird instinct about it. But I’ve always loved the character.”

For anyone into vintage Batman Forever vids check out Cult Collectible Merchandise’s channel. They have 20+ vids regarding the release of Forever from 95.

This is another one of my favorite vids from around that time. It’s a reporter asking for the opinions of a group of friends that just left the theatre.

I wanna say the only thing that was CG was the cape and the buildings. It's possible they had a blue screen of Kilmer or his stunt double doing that fall.

I wanna say the only thing that was CG was the cape and the buildings. It's possible they had a blue screen of Kilmer or his stunt double doing that fall.

Ahhhh I wish I still had my Disney Adventure books, I think the BForever issue had pre-vis photos of this. Still though, if that's a stunt man... that cape is sexy af - almost 30 years later.

According to this the whole thing was CG, including Batman.

The high octane cartoonishness of Batman Forever really deserves a little more love nowadays tbh.

tumblr_ni4sumxh9y1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

You just don't get images like that in modern day comic book films, good as they are. I mean that image concept deserves a far more iconic status than it currently enjoys. Though I guess that might also partly be down to the oval bat symbol not being in use as much.

There’s one part in this fight that has always puzzled me. What does he do at 0:58-1:02?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"