The Official Batman TAS Thread - Part 3

Plus he developed genuine feelings for her. He was going to give her a little gold Penguin broach, too, then he overhears her weasel snob friend and her saying what they really think of him.

I felt no sympathy for Veronica and Pierce when Penguin got revenge on them.

Me neither. Even though at the end she claimed she was becoming fond of him.

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/144401438964

tumblr_o7853bWyAf1rrkahjo1_400.gif
tumblr_o7853bWyAf1rrkahjo2_400.gif

tumblr_o7853bWyAf1rrkahjo3_400.gif
tumblr_o7853bWyAf1rrkahjo4_400.gif

tumblr_o7853bWyAf1rrkahjo5_400.gif
tumblr_o7853bWyAf1rrkahjo6_400.gif

Me neither. Even though at the end she claimed she was becoming fond of him.
That's why I had some sympathy toward her, I think she was honest at that part.
Her friend is someone I wanted Penguin to let his nose gush blood.

To be honest, I was never really a fan of the penguin in the original B:TAS.

I much preferred when they revamped him for the new adventures, and he spent most of his time in the Iceberg lounge helping other super criminals. That always made more sense to me.

I preferred his character design in TNBA because it was more classic dapper gentleman Penguin, as opposed to the freak DeVito look. But character wise give me colorful super criminal Penguin over shady back room dealings Penguin any day.

^ The weakest Riddler episode, but it was still fun.

I liked it more than his reform episode.

It also felt more like a good traditional Riddler tale, as opposed to Batman running around inside a virtual reality video game.

I really wanted more Riddler episodes. John Glover was so good as the riddler.

According to the writers, they found it difficult to write stories with Riddler as a credible threat. That's why he was limited to 3 episodes. They said their filing cabinet is full of reject Riddler scripts.

I've heard that, but that's around the same amount as some of the other villains too, especially with the original series before the New Batman Adventures revamp. Ra's Al Ghul was the villain for like 4 episodes (one of which was against Jonah Hex). Scarecrow was in 3 (minus a couple of cameos). Clayface was in 3. Mr. Freeze was only in 2. Hugo Strange was only in 1.

Riddler was hardly alone in not getting many episodes.

The Riddler was considered one of the 'Big four' heavy hitters back then; Joker, Penguin, Catwoman, Riddler. The others you mentioned there were not. Especially Mr. Freeze and Clayface. Freeze was a gimmicky joke villain until BTAS gave him some dignity and pathos. Clayface had been four different characters, and all of them with decade long gaps between their appearances.

Also point to note, those others were not limited to a few of episodes because the writers found them difficult to write as credible villains.

Last edited:
I really like the new batman adventures, but the revamp riddler was the worst.

They still had John Glover, by they only used him like once or twice in small appearances.

According to the writers, they found it difficult to write stories with Riddler as a credible threat. That's why he was limited to 3 episodes. They said their filing cabinet is full of reject Riddler scripts.

Yeah, they really kind of outsmarted themselves there.

One of the best stand alone episode of the series!

I read the issues this was based upon (Batman #291-294). I cannot actually decide if the episode is better than the books... a matter of taste I guess, but I really enjoy both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"