The Official Batman (1989) Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what the script says.

NICK Don't kill me... don't kill me... Nick opens his eyes... the BAT is standing on the ledge of the roof -- HOLDING HIM OUT, at arm's length, over six stories of nothingness. A rasping VOICE. BATMAN You're trespassing, Ratbreath. Nick looks down. Far, far below, CARS wink silently past. He looks up. And sees, in the mirrored lenses where Batman's eyes should be, the twin reflections of his own stricken face. NICK Trespassing? You don't own the night. BATMAN Tell your friends. Tell all your friends. I AM the night. Nick HOWLS. Batman heaves him roughly back onto the tar- and-gravel surface of the roof. And then -- casually, without a moment's hesitation -- steps off the ledge, into midair..
What really interests me is the part about the lenses. It sounds like they planned on having Batman with white eyes.

I also like that line much more.

Nick: You don't own the night
Batman: Tell your friends. Tell all your friends I AM the night!

Well, that sounds like the most unnatural dialogue ever, specially considering Batman is holding that guy from a building's rooftop.

Well, that sounds like the most unnatural dialogue ever, specially considering Batman is holding that guy from a building's rooftop.

I am so glad we got what we got because yes, that dialogue doesn't make sense in the context of the scene!

Yes... I much prefer ''I'm Batman''. Smart decision by Keaton.

Yes thank you Keaton. That ad lib became so iconic in pop culture it's still used all over bat media to this day including the very popular recent Batman live action movies.

Don't remember that line being in the scripts I read (the "I am the night" line)

Never read the comic adaption I'm sad to say :csad:

I tried getting all the movie comics in one book...nay kuck :waa:

And I wasn't going to be charged £40

Yes thank you Keaton. That ad lib became so iconic in pop culture it's still used all over bat media to this day including the very popular recent Batman live action movies.
Indeed. "I'm Batman" is much better.
Never read the comic adaption I'm sad to say :csad:
It's a good one. So is Batman Returns. Recommend them both.

I used to have all the comic adaptions now I only have the BF one, I want to get them all again.

I'm sure you guys could hunt down that trade paperback... DC Comics should really give it a re-issue.

23u6kgn.jpg

Some on Ebay UK are selling it at some decent prices.

I'm sure you guys could hunt down that trade paperback... DC Comics should really give it a re-issue.

23u6kgn.jpg

but they won't because, unlike reissuing old comics in trade, these are based on old movies that many people feel, thanks to the Nolan films, are inferior and chances are, if the majority of people own them by now, the majority will not buy it in a reissue!

23u6kgn.jpg

I had this unfortunately I don't have it anymore...:csad:

I still have mine. I'd no idea it was so hard to find.

I wanted it ordered from Forbidden Planet's a few years ago. For months they couldn't get it, then when finally I got that call, it would've cost me around 40-50 pounds. I'm sure it was more.

I still have mine, bought it at a B-Dalton in like 1998 or something...

Who fancies scanning a few pages of it for us less than fortunate sods? :p

I used to have all the comic adaptions now I only have the BF one, I want to get them all again.
If you hunt them down at conventions your sure to find them cheap too, I have all 4 movie adaptations in standard and prestige format.

Did they even make one for B&R? If they did, I never saw that one. I have B89, BR, and BF somewhere.

People liked the movie adaption by Denny O'Neil? To me it's a pretty lazy replication of the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"