The Official Boxing Thread!!! - Part 5

giphy.gif
M0mp.gif

Reactions: B
Nope, I'm dead ass this time. I see Wilder knocking Fury out. I just think that's how life rolls. Fury is clearly the better boxer but I think him and AJ setting that fight up and he hasn't faced Wilder again has upset written all over it. It's not like Wilder hasn't done it before. Plus I really think there really was something wrong with Fury's glove and gave him that extra punching power. Fury has never been known to have hands of steel but you knock Wilder out on his feet which hasn't really been done. I don't know..............I just see Wilder getting lucky and catching him..................and I'm going out on a limb and say it's going to be early.
It's called getting hit in just the right place. In this case, in the back of the head if I remember correctly. But also Wilder got hit so damn much, I don't care how hard a HW hits, it eventually takes a toll.

It's called getting hit in just the right place. In this case, in the back of the head if I remember correctly. But also Wilder got hit so damn much, I don't care how hard a HW hits, it eventually takes a toll.
No argument there..................but I'm calling it: Wilder by TKO in the rematch. :o

Last edited:

Fury weighs 19 stone with hands the size of lunchboxes, he wasn't born with that freakish power & explosion that Wilder has, but anybody that thinks a guy as big as Fury can't hurt someone on any given night is sadly mistaken.

Imagine if Fury had the standard power for a boxer of his size. None of the others would have a chance.

One can't have everything. Fury has decent power though.
His style was always much more in tune with the sweet science. Having said that he always had that second and third gear in him which only came out once in a while. Mostly when he was in some sort of trouble. Maybe down on points, knocked down, hurt or when his adversaries where beginning to taper off...

While working with the Kronk style a heavy Fury made the best use of his natural strengths like size, range, boxing IQ... to basically turn him into a polished wrecking ball. It might not work for everyone one but it was kryptonite for Wilder and i'm sure it would be an absolute headache for most of the heavyweight division.

I'd love to see Fury vs Ortiz. Two pure boxers with different styles. Would be interesting.

One can't have everything. Fury has decent power though.
His style was always much more in tune with the sweet science. Having said that he always had that second and third gear in him which only came out once in a while. Mostly when he was in some sort of trouble. Maybe down on points, knocked down, hurt or when his adversaries where beginning to taper off...

While working with the Kronk style a heavy Fury made the best use of his natural strengths like size, range, boxing IQ... to basically turn him into a polished wrecking ball. It might not work for everyone one but it was kryptonite for Wilder and i'm sure it would be an absolute headache for most of the heavyweight division.
It’s just strange as power (along with range obviously) is the first thing you’d expect a 6’9 19 stone heavyweight champion to have. The other heavyweights who are big enough to compete seem to have little boxing skill (none in Wilder’s case and average in Joshua’s) so Fury on that front is far in the lead at least. It’s a shame his power isn’t around average for his size or he’d be a great.

I'd love to see Fury vs Ortiz. Two pure boxers with different styles. Would be interesting.
Actually yes, I hadn’t thought of this combination. I’d be interested in that for sure.

No argument there..................but I'm calling it: Wilder by TKO in the rematch. :o

LOL. I respect the ledge you're willing to walk (and die!) on...but completely disagree.

Before they fought the first time, of the potential matchups between the 3, I always thought Fury-Wilder was the most lopsided. Wilder just doesn't have the tools, he can't fight going backward, he can't really fight on the inside, and obviously he's not out-boxing anybody, let alone Tyson.

I think Fury discovered all of those things at the end of the 12th in the first fight. Most guys are too scared to stay close to a big puncher, but Wilder's only effective at range. No range, no big right, no real threat of anything else.

I do believe Joshua, regardless of how he's viewed now, is the much tougher fight for Fury...

LOL. I respect the ledge you're willing to walk (and die!) on...but completely disagree.

Before they fought the first time, of the potential matchups between the 3, I always thought Fury-Wilder was the most lopsided. Wilder just doesn't have the tools, he can't fight going backward, he can't really fight on the inside, and obviously he's not out-boxing anybody, let alone Tyson.

I think Fury discovered all of those things at the end of the 12th in the first fight. Most guys are too scared to stay close to a big puncher, but Wilder's only effective at range. No range, no big right, no real threat of anything else.

I do believe Joshua, regardless of how he's viewed now, is the much tougher fight for Fury...
Good read. How do you view Wilder vs Joshua?

I believe Joshua would box similarly to how he did against Ruiz the second time and win a decision.

Only caveat, boxing that way puts Wilder at a much more comfortable range to unload.

Depending on which Joshua showed up that night in terms of heart, (Whyte/Klitschko vs Ruiz I) determines if he survives getting caught or not...

Hmm, could be interesting to see how what kind of shape these legends are in now. I wonder if the weight difference will be too much, although I haven't seen much of Roy Jones in the last few years.
Tyson can barely move. If Jones can't beat him up at this point, I fear for Jones' health.

I can't believe Mike Tyson isn't "canceled"

-convicted rapist, never admitted what he did or tried to make amends
-has several other accusers for sexual assault, some after he got out of jail and some before he went
-serial woman beater, basically said his victims deserved it
-endorsed Trump for 2016 and 2020
-has giant tattoos of Mao Zedong and Che Guevara, two communist butchers. Mao killed over 45 million people just from 1958-1962 and Guevara was the leader of a firing squad.

He told a story in his book about when he was married to Robin Givens. Apparently Mike baked some cookies and Robin didn't like them, so Mike responded by climbing up on the roof and throwing cinder blocks down at his wife. Then he was mad that she called the cops on him, because in his words "only one of them sort of hit her."

I hope RJJ puts him to sleep.

I can't believe Mike Tyson isn't "canceled"

-convicted rapist, never admitted what he did or tried to make amends
-has several other accusers for sexual assault, some after he got out of jail and some before he went
-serial woman beater, basically said his victims deserved it
-endorsed Trump for 2016 and 2020
-has giant tattoos of Mao Zedong and Che Guevara, two communist butchers. Mao killed over 45 million people just from 1958-1962 and Guevara was the leader of a firing squad.

He told a story in his book about when he was married to Robin Givens. Apparently Mike baked some cookies and Robin didn't like them, so Mike responded by climbing up on the roof and throwing cinder blocks down at his wife. Then he was mad that she called the cops on him, because in his words "only one of them sort of hit her."

I hope RJJ puts him to sleep.
Have you seen our President? Of course he isn't cancelled yet.

Tyson is going to wash him. Roy was never that good in his prime anyway.

When is the last time you saw Tyson? He walks like a much older man.

They’re both 50+ year old men. But that AEW stuff aside, looking at his training videos he posted lately, Tyson looks decent enough for this match at least. He catches Roy one good time, it’s a wrap.

Roy was always just a showboat. Kinda like a more polished Zab Judah.

They’re both 50+ year old men. But that AEW stuff aside, looking at his training videos he posted lately, Tyson looks decent enough for this match at least. He catches Roy one good time, it’s a wrap.

Roy was always just a showboat. Kinda like a more polished Zab Judah.
Not talking about them as people here, but Jones was much more skilled and athletic then Tyson in their primes. The issue for Jones was what he did to his body by leaping to HW and his chin going with it imo.

Tyson is going to wash him. Roy was never that good in his prime anyway.
Roy was never that good?

Prime Roy Jones Jr is one of the greatest fighters of all time. He was the P4P king of the 1990s. Won world titles at middleweight, super middleweight, light heavyweight, (skipped cruiserweight) and heavyweight.

Never mind the fact that Jones was fighting and winning in 2018.

Tyson last fought in 2005 when he got knocked out by a journeyman. Before that he got knocked out by another journeyman in 2004.

The last time he won was 2003 against a bum
The last time he fought a decent opponent was 2001, when Lewis washed him.
The last time he won a fight against a decent opponent was 1999 when he beat an aged Frans Botha
The last time he held a share of the world title was 1996.

This is going to be a boring exhibition, but if they both went all out Tyson wouldn't even lay a glove on Roy. Even the brain damaged washout that Jones is now would box circles around a 54 year old Tyson and win every single round.

Reactions: B

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"