The Official Costume Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Double Down

A New Kind of Thrill
Reaction score
We need a new one.

So, what do you want Superman to look like in the next movie?

I prefer something along these lines:

awesomemanipwg0.jpg

I like that. I liked the pic of him with the black \S/ in the old thread as well.

Are we just going to operate under the assumption that the next movie will be a reboot and not a sequel to SUPERMAN RETURNS?

Are we just going to operate under the assumption that the next movie will be a reboot and not a sequel to SUPERMAN RETURNS?

I'm not sure it matters costume-wise, honestly. Even if they did a sequel, I think most people would want a new costume.

Amen. That was one of the biggest complaints, followed by the lack of a supervillain.

I'm not sure it matters costume-wise, honestly. Even if they did a sequel, I think most people would want a new costume.

There is a certain amount of consistency necessary for a sequel. What you posted at the top would be fine for a SR sequel, but some other suggestions wouldn't really make sense. We had plenty of people in the old thread suggesting fairly substantial departures from what's been used on film thus far. But yeah, I think everyone wants a new costume.

Whatever it turns out to be, my preference would be a suit as close as possible to the one in the first post.

Whatever it turns out to be, my preference would be a suit as close as possible to the one in the first post.

I really like it too. I don't want radical changes. Superman's suit is iconic. Don't fix what's not broken.

I like this suit manip a lot as well. Love the 3D S shield and the diamond shaped belt buckle. In general, I was happy with the SR costume; I just wanted the red to be more red and a lower neckline.

If I may nitpick on what I would like for the next Superman costume.

Materials for body suit: Same as SR keeping the diamond pattern.

Boots: Would be more sock like, think Spider-Man movie costume. With the /\/\ cut at the top.

Cape material: Probably something like Dean Cain's. Cape would slightly drap on the back. Yellow \S/ on the back also.

\S/ size would be somewhere between Reeve's and Routh's. This design, minus the black outlines. Raised with same material on Spidey's emblem that allows for some flexibility
421266.jpg

Colors: Like the first post.

Oval buckle, I also like the slant belt loops.

Collar/ cape attachment: Something along the lines of the first post or think Jim Lee Superman.

As far as I am concerned, I want the suit to be as close as possible to the way Mike22 draws it

garyfrankscopyzo5cd3.png

That is as close to total perfection in a live action Superman suit as your gonna get... ^^^ (and actor :D )

I'm not a huge fan of the 3D :super: (I'd prefare one sown into the fabric), however I can live with it. The one on the Superman Returns suit looked far too thick..
If it must be a rubber :super: & indeed a 3D one they should keep it along the same lines as the logo on the Spiderman suit in which the Spiderman logo was 3D to a degree but it was also flexible.

This is SUPERSEBAS's/Colombo's original manip. I just changed the colors a bit. I hope he doesn't mind. I also added the S behind Superman and I'm using it as a wallpaper.

srrouth2.jpg

It's just a quick color change I did to see how it would look like. I'd be happy with either Mike22's manip that B posted, or Colombo's original manip that MP posted or even the one DD posted.

I really like it too. I don't want radical changes. Superman's suit is iconic. Don't fix what's not broken.

I like this suit manip a lot as well. Love the 3D S shield and the diamond shaped belt buckle. In general, I was happy with the SR costume; I just wanted the red to be more red and a lower neckline.

I really dislike this type of neckline. It creates such an odd effect of his neck looking triangular. The way the cape would bunch up around the back of his neck would be weird too. I would probably lose the "S" shape on the belt all together.

man, i'm sad to see the other one go.

deancain_1_180.jpg

Just with a better material and obviously better attachment on cape.

I like all of the pics thus far, minus the Dean Cain suit, especially that particular variation of it. The SR suit was OK. The only things I absolutely hated were the colors and the height of the trunks, they were way too low. The rest I could live with, though I'd prefer the wider neckline and the removal of the "S" in the buckle, the shield shape is fine. The diamond pattern can stay, but loose all the damn micro S's all over the shield and the boots, and all of the extra shields on the boots.

my favorite thing about the CAin suit was the colors used. I loved that color scheme, and the ultimate perfect suit to me would be the SR suit with those colors. (i would make the buckle a solid pentagon, but i don't mind it if it stayed)

Ya i did like the richness of the colors in dean's superman suit, and the flat over the shoulders cape attachment look and the Yellow S on the cape was good looking too. I would prefer material like that for next film cape and not leather like stuff they used in SR. I want bright blues and reds, i would like a more flexible suit material and be thinner then what it was in SR, i would lose the 3D shield chest symbol, i could live with it more like as someone pointed out the Spider on spider-man chest. But it should be flexible looking to when supes crosses his arms and all that. Also i would like a wider neckline too bearing that who ever is supes next has the right look for it. Boots i cant really say anything about boots right now, but maybe get that whole V cut look and a good material like a workboot i guess.

This is SUPERSEBAS's/Colombo's original manip. I just changed the colors a bit. I hope he doesn't mind. I also added the S behind Superman and I'm using it as a wallpaper.

srrouth2.jpg

It's just a quick color change I did to see how it would look like. I'd be happy with either Mike22's manip that B posted, or Colombo's original manip that MP posted or even the one DD posted.

Yeah, these colors are much better than Colombo's originals (even though it's still a perfect manip)

I'd be just about completely satisfied with something close to this.

My wish for the new suit would be,
a brighter, richer red.
a cape that doesnt look quite as stiff.
smooth the boots up from what we saw in SR, with a ''V'' cut at the top of them.
Raise the trunks slightly.
place an oval back on the buckle.
Put the yellow \S/ back on the cape.
A flatter, larger \S/ shield on the front
and lower the neckline some.

my policy is, as long as the right colors line up where they are supposed to be, i don't really care what they use, or what designs they want to use...
examples:

(this is probably one of my favorite manips i've ever done)
love teh god fall suit, but not as the definitive superman suit. this is the "Classically colored" version of the suit
supesba2.jpg

this is the infamous suit for the McG movies. again....classic scheme
supermansuit02modaj4.jpg

don't remember the artist, but i love the design. i would consider blue, black or silver piping
supermanredesignjy6alle.jpg

Last edited:
Can you tinker with the last one? I wonder how it would look with the lines yellow instead of gray or silver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"