Gotham The official David Mazouz as Bruce Wayne Thread

Everything about this show is hitting big ticks in my book. This seems almost too good to be true.

I wonder if young Bruce will get into martial arts. I would jump thru the ceiling if I see him in a black martial arts outfit.

"In our WBTV drama Gotham, we did a national search to find our young Bruce Wayne. Several hundred boys auditioned to play the role. Finding real pathos and depth from a 10-year-boy conveyed in two pages of fake sides (had to keep the script under wraps) was tough. This character needed to break your heart, and have the early ingredients of a hero. The incredibly talented David Mazouz had it all in spades." - Fox casting executive

I wonder if young Bruce will get into martial arts. I would jump thru the ceiling if I see him in a black martial arts outfit.

That'd be a good place to bring in Wildcat as a cameo. Bruce starts taking martial arts lessons from Ted Grant at his gym downtown to work out his aggression.

For anyone wondering what Mazouz sounds like, you can here him hear since he barely talked in Touch. Though, I'd imagine he sounds different now...

[YT]HhQv90wR4bU[/YT]

[YT]aQNM-K55aOg[/YT]

Some episodes with young Bruce working out and doing some training with Ted Grant would be very nice,a good touch

I'm hoping we'll get a lot of focus on Bruce, but for now it looks like a Gordon show. However, I will admit that I've always wanted to see a Batman-in-training show ever since Smallville came out. I've also always wanted to see a Gotham Central show and I never would've conceived that they would have a show that would combine Gotham Central and Smallville-ized Batman.

I'm hopeful knowing that the producer worked on the show Rome. That show pulled off parallel storylines between two different main sets of characters (the historical figures and then the regular man on the street characters) which I could also see happening in Gotham (Gordon fighting pre-costumed crime and then Bruce learning to be Batman).

There will be a good amount of focus on Bruce. Gordon may be the main character, but his relationship with Bruce is going to be core to this series.

Some episodes with young Bruce working out and doing some training with Ted Grant would be very nice,a good touch

Someone else mentioned how they want to see Bruce actually already have the strong potential to be a genius as a young kid before he begins traveling the world. I'd like to see Bruce already developing into a badass fighter before he leaves as well. They don't have to make him a Chuck Norris level threat, they can just make him a tough and tenacious fighter who's a little too reckless and emotional.

Y'know the rough skills he shows in Year One when he first encounters Selina and his first fight in costume? Take a little bit of the edge off that, and you've got the skill level I'd like Bruce to have before he travels the world; someone capable of fighting three or four guys like in Batman Begins, but someone still very vulnerable. The type of fighter someone like David Cain would see potential in.

And he's got Alfred with him all the time. He can learn basic self-defense from him, then learn more aggressive styles from Ted Grant. Though if the Wldcat coaches him, I wouldn't mind seeing him and Selina as sparring partners to also explain how she can take him on. Hey, if they can connect them through other means in the show, why not follow through on something like this?

There will be a good amount of focus on Bruce. Gordon may be the main character, but his relationship with Bruce is going to be core to this series.
Most likely but I'd prefer they keep their meetings few and far between. The first season of Heroes managed to keep characters apart while staying connected to similar plot threads and it made their actual meetings far more impactful. I'd like Bruce and Gordon chasing the same leads and to meet again nearer the end of the season. But who knows? Maybe whatever we get I'll prefer.

It occurred to me: It might be kind of neat to see a young Bruce attending trauma-counseling at Arkham from time to time. What do you guys think?

Only if they emphasize that Arkham's slowly getting worse as time goes on. There's no way I see Pertwee's Alfred letting Bruce in anything like latter-day Arkham.

Like other people mentioned, if Arkham is a erm "nicer" place, then ok, especially if Leslie Thompkins works there, but absolutely not if it would be the nuthouse it is in "current" Bat-continuity.

Only if they emphasize that Arkham's slowly getting worse as time goes on. There's no way I see Pertwee's Alfred letting Bruce in anything like latter-day Arkham.

My point is to go for al all around more nuanced depiction of Arkham. I find the whole bedlam house thing to be pretty tiresome.

Also, like, psychiatric hospitals keep their violent patients out of the general population as standard practice.

Arkham going into decay should be done by Hugo Strange.
Turning the simple cells of the mentally ill into their own little personal world, as part of his studies/madness.

But I would like to see Bruce receive counselling to talk about his feelings and thoughts. It's not like the comics where we can simply read what's going on in his head.

I like the fact that bruce is in this show but i dont want bruce to be a kid for 5 seasons.

^The producers said they plan to use time jumps. It's supposed to end with Bruce becoming Batman after all.

I don't care to see time jumps unless he actually becomes Batman or this kid is a terrible Bruce. What if he's really good and we like him? Smallville was so frustrating because Welling looked ready for the suit from about the third season but never put it on. Don't want a similar situation with an older Bruce on this show.

^The producers said they plan to use time jumps. It's supposed to end with Bruce becoming Batman after all.

Oh, they said that? Good. I love the concept but I do think having Bruce as a kid for the duration of the show would be a misstep.

I think time-jumps are necessity. If the show played out in real time, even if the show lasts ten seasons (which I don't think it will, nor do I think it should), the show ends with Bruce at age 21. IMO, that's a little young for a Year One Batman. I'd prefer to see time jumps taking us to the point where Bruce is in his mid/late twenties.

They haven't said they will use time jumps, they have said they haven't ruled out time jumps.

"The actor will grow-up, if we do our job well he'll be a young man and ready [to be Batman] by the end," he said. "Which isn't to say we might not skip ahead."

Sounds to me like Plan A is letting the actor grow with the character, Plan B is jumping ahead if needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"