The Official DC Stupid Question Thread....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a set of stainless steel batarangs and after you can learn how to throw them without cutting your fingers, they work pretty well.
I can't get them to boomerang or anything though.

I always wondered how batarangs flew with a batline attached to them. I know he uses those launched grappling hooks now, but before that he used batarangs with ropes tied on, right? It just seems that the rope would both weigh the batarang down, and prevent the mid-air motion required to keep the batarang airborne.

I also have a big one that has a really long rope attatched to it... you just toss it like a grappling hook and it works fine, I guess. Never scaled any walls with it or anything, just throw it and it hooks onto stuff. Pretty sturdy, too. Pulled down a gutter or two when I was younger.

haha :up:

Has anything been done regarding Batman and Catwoman's relationship following Hush? I don't read Catwoman, so I don't know whats happening in there. Their relationship was my favorite aspect of Hush, and I'd like to see their relationship further explored.

Originally posted by casualspidey
how come batman and spiderman take thier names after animals

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider which gave him his powers. His powers of those equivalent of a spider hence the name Spiderman.

Bruce Wayne found a cave under his house full of bats and decided to take this as is person.

Others can add more to this.

Originally posted by The Leaguer

Has anything been done regarding Batman and Catwoman's relationship following Hush? I don't read Catwoman, so I don't know whats happening in there. Their relationship was my favorite aspect of Hush, and I'd like to see their relationship further explored.

In a recent issue of Catwoman they did the hippity-dippity.

Damn. Looks like I'll have to start buying Catwoman. Do you remember which issue it was?

I dont know the number but it was the last one to come out ill check.

'Preciate it. Have they been dealing with their relationship for a while? I'd like to go back and start Catwoman where they began exploring it.

Oh... um... originally, that Casualspidey guy had "does spider-man have spider-sperm"... so... yeah.

And Batman looks like a bat because bats are scary and he wants to be scary. The people of Gotham don't know if he's even real, most ofthe ones who do know he's real think he's some kind of bat monster.

Originally posted by darthphere
In a recent issue of Catwoman they did the hippity-dippity.
Wow... if you look at Batman: Hush, JLA, and Catwoman and consider the time frame... Batman seems a little confused. He ditches Catwoman because he's not ready to trust a woman completely during Hush, but then he's considering acting on his feelings for Wonder Woman like a month later in JLA, then he has sex with Catwoman in her comic a few months after that? That seems awfully contrived as a whole. I know they're not really supposed to be considered as a whole, but still... kinda weird.

So basically the generations are like this

First Generation: Green Lantern (Alan Scott), the Flash (Jay Garrick), Hawkman (Sheira Hall), Hawkgirl, Plastic Man, Dr. Fate (Kent Nelson)

Second Generation: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, the Flash (Barry Allen), Green Lantern (Hal Jordan), Aquaman, the Martian Manhunter, Green Arrow, the Atom

Third Generation: the Flash (Wally West), Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner), Nightwing, Arsenal, Tempest, Troia, Starfire, Cyborg, Changling, Raven, Hawkgirl (Kendra Saunders), Dr. Fate (Hector Hall)

I think Sheira Hol was Hawkgirl. Katar Hol was Hawkman. And where you have Plastic Man, I think you meant Elongated Man, whom I believe was second generation, but I could be wrong. I'm not sure where Plastic Man fits in.

Plastic Man has been around since the 1940's and because of the chemicals he's been in that gave his plastic like powers made him age very slowly

I stand corrected. I'm not very familiar with him, I've only read him in JLA.

And the original Hawkman and Woman were Carter and Shiera Hall. Then there was Katar and Shayera Hol, then Carter Hall back again with Kendra Saunders as Hawkgirl.

Originally posted by The Leaguer

Read Catwoman #20-24. #22 or 23 (I cant remember which one, but you can tell by the cover...it has Batman on it) has a somewhat related story.

I also hear the recent issue dealt with it, but i havent read it yet.

Im I the only one thats surprised by the number of stupid questions we have?

Originally posted by CantThinkOfAName
Read Catwoman #20-24. #22 or 23 (I cant remember which one, but you can tell by the cover...it has Batman on it) has a somewhat related story.

I also hear the recent issue dealt with it, but i havent read it yet.

I think more of it will be touched upon during War Games. I think I read a solicitation about something between the two.

I got a question:

Jonn Jonz is a telepath, shape shifter, has super strength, and can change his density. Why in the world is he afraid of fire?

It was a genetic alteration made on the entire Martian race by the Oan Guardians of the Universe (the little blue men who ran the Green Lantern Corps). Before the White and Green Martians that we know today, Mars was inhabited by these dudes called Burning Martians. These Burning Martians were depraved sons of b****es who killed anything in their path. They crash-landed on Earth in prehistoric times and slaughtered Vandal Savage's entire caveman tribe. A Guardian witnessed this and it was decided that the Burning Martians were too dangerous to allow to live, so a fear of fire was implanted in the Martians and the Burning Martians faded out of existence. Consequently, each Martian, both White and Green, had a Burning Martian locked in his or her subconscious. J'onn's Burning Martian is a guy named Fernus and he is truly a bastard. Take all the good that J'onn embodies and turn it on its head, and you've got Fernus.

I have a few questions regarding Superman:

1. Regarding his trip to Earth - how fast did his ship go because if he got here as a baby it would have had to travel faster than the speed of light

2. I have heard of different incarnations such as Superman Prime and Superman 1,000,000. These characters seem to be extremely powerful. Were they or are they used at all?

3. Why does Superman seem almost weak in the JLA in the sense that he seems to get knocked down quite a bit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"