BvS The Official Diane Lane IS Ma Kent Thread

Costner and Lane = Jor-el and Lara

JorEl_Lara.bmp

Bank on it.

The press release was lying?!

The press release was lying?!

Nah... I did not see it. I only saw "BREAKING: Diane Lane cast in "Superman." Don't know role. Probably Ma Kent. Story coming ..."

Oh well.:doh:

Not like it would have not also been perfect casting though.

This is excellent. Now just get Josh Brolin as Jonathan. :woot:

Last edited:
An awesome choice I just loaded up my latop and was thinking I hope there's some new casting news. I was not expecting Martha Kent to be cast Diane Lane is a brilliant choice I cannot wait :D

I also love that she was in Hollywoodland keeps the Superman connection going :D

maybe they will not have Lois Lane in the movie to not confuse her with Diane Lane. hehehehehhehhe

Also must say if Kevin Costner does end up been Jonathan Kent that him and Diane would look awesome together as the Kents

Nah... I did not see it. I only saw "BREAKING: Diane Lane cast in "Superman." Don't know role. Probably Ma Kent. Story coming ..."

Oh well.:doh:

Not like it would have not also been perfect casting though.

i was really banking on it too.

Great casting choice. Snyder is 2-0 right now, keep it up Zack!

awesome choice IMO :)
I can see Costner as Jonathan... that would be really cool

Fantastic casting. This is shaping up to be Batman Begins 2.0 in terms of the cast (and if they manage to get a better actress as the love interest, even better).

Now this Clark Kent will grow up with serious oedipal issues, cuz that´s one hot Ma Kent. Diane Lane went a long way since her career initially bombed with the now cult Streets of Fire and Cotton Club. Nice casting.

Fantastic casting. This is shaping up to be Batman Begins 2.0 in terms of the cast (and if they manage to get a better actress as the love interest, even better).
The cast isn't any better than Superman Returns' was on paper as of now. Eva Marie Saint? Frank Langella? Kevin Spacey?

The cast isn't any better than Superman Returns' was on paper as of now. Eva Marie Saint? Frank Langella? Kevin Spacey?

I wasn't a fan of any of those casting decisions tbqh

and so far

cavill>>>routh
diane lane>>>saint

Yeah, imo it is, because it reflects the approach to Superman. Aside from Spacey, who I thought was a no-brainer and genius (if used as a post-Crisis Lex).

Yeah, imo it is, because it reflects the approach to Superman. Aside from Spacey, who I thought was a no-brainer and genius (if used as a post-Crisis Lex).
Fair enough but consensus when those casting choices were made was that Superman Returns was already Batman Begins 2.0 in terms of casting, sans the lead. They even wildly miscast the lead female role in exactly the same way.

I'm not saying they all worked out but on paper the cast looked pretty damn good.

Damn. Diane MILF might be the hottest Martha Kent we've had. Quite a contrast to Superman the movie, Lois and Clark or Superman Returns (although Eva Marie Saint was pretty hot back in her day opposite Cary Grant).

She could even have been Lois Lane when she was younger. Well, her last name is Lane anyway lol.

So with the move towards younger parents (started with Smallville), it looks like this is becoming more the norm. I wonder if that also eventually signals a move in that direction for Spider-Man's Uncle Ben and Aunt May (which is what I had hoped back when Sally Field was first rumored but I thought she was still a bit too old). I would have accepted Diane Lane for Aunt May had she been cast in Spider-Man.

Last edited:
This cast if Costner is cast and rumoyrs of Viggo/DDL's turn out to be true then I think this cast is a more marketable cast than the SR's cast and hopefully there won't be any miscasting i.e. Bosworth as Lois etc

Wow, I love Diane Lane. :hrt: Great casting so far with her and Costner.

Somebody on here called this a couple weeks ago. Whoever you are, I salute you.

He didn't know, he read somewhere she had been cast in the movie, not as Ma Kent. He's been informed now, so it's all good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"